Same here in Greece

2. C1557075621085
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2021

3. P1603167575504
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2021

4. U1583553243201
    Donut Feb 20, 2021

U1583553243201 , Feb 20, 2021 :
    Global is finally here - I had been on EU for weeks. It only took 15 - 20 minutes with the Oxygen updater to download, flash and preserve root, and reinstall mods.

5. Dimi Dimitrov
    Gingerbread Feb 20, 2021

Dimi Dimitrov , Feb 20, 2021 :
    Don't you have a backup?

wleonardocruz likes this.
  6. GaryWall
    Gingerbread Feb 20, 2021

GaryWall , Feb 20, 2021 :
    Just used the method without root, using ADB and it worked well. Tried with a no-name cabel at first and this did not work, but when I used the red OP-cabel all worked nicely and I got the record button in the OP-phone app and recorded calls has a tape icon in the call history so it is possible to play and export the recordings.
    They are found in the Internal storage/Android/com.oneplus.communication.data/files/Record/PhoneRecord/ folder each under its own caller name or number.

muharrem1961 and Swejuggalo like this.
  7. U1583553243201
    Donut Feb 20, 2021

U1583553243201 , Feb 20, 2021 :
    What were you on before you updated? If it was a Beta - that will always happen.

Also, If you download it first with Oxygen Updater, and then go to System\System Update\Local upgrade - it will warn you if you have a file that will delete everything.

Revin94 likes this.
  8. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter Feb 20, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 20, 2021 :
    Always good with options. I don't see much use of it for my own use.
    Had some interesting discussions with people complaining over having lost automatic "secret" recording on those phones with Google Phone as standard. I rarely got a good answer about why it needed to be automatic and hidden from thw other party though. The few attempts to explain it was in my point of view often based on very unsteady logic that did not quite hold up. But interesting anyway 😉

9. TomtommyP
    Froyo Feb 20, 2021

TomtommyP , Feb 20, 2021 :
    Download the full package from Oxygen Updater. Settings/ Update Method/ Full Update. It will save to the root storage of the phone.

10. GaryWall
    Gingerbread Feb 20, 2021

I do not need it to be automatic I keep it as an option, thing is that it's gone all together as standard now.

When talking to company people or other bureaucrats that promise you things it is always good to have a reminder of what they said.

11. Swejuggalo

Yeah. I get that part. But some insist on having it automatic and most importantly secret. And on newer devices it's none of it.

12. GaryWall
    Gingerbread Feb 20, 2021

What is so bad with recording what someone says? Even without telling. I don’t get it, just say what you can stand for. In most countries it is totally legal to record just as long as one part know it. In some of the states in the USA all parts must be informed, but even in most of the states both in the USA and Europe one part knowing suffices.

No one stirs up heaven and earth if you take a photo of them, why this shyness with phone calls?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_call_recording_laws

Swejuggalo likes this.
  13. Shshank Vishwa
    Honeycomb Feb 20, 2021

14. Dimi Dimitrov
    Gingerbread Feb 20, 2021

Dimi Dimitrov , Feb 20, 2021 :
    I have not, and never have had this issues.
    Yes,you can go to service center.
    But if it is hardware issues, they can't help.

Shshank Vishwa likes this.
  15. Swejuggalo

It's all in what the person does with it if you ask me. I'm just against and questioning the strong resistance about the voice notice when the recording starts that the Google Phone equipped phones uses.
    Just as I would be against someone with a massive professional zoom lens snapping pictures strait into my livingroom or bedroom.

If I know I'm recorded while on a call or being watched by a weird neighbour I probably be less freaky myself and stuff 😜

The line between good use and abuse can be very thin.

A unknowingly snapped photo of a family walking at a street may be harmless. But if the photographer follows them and snaps closeups of their 13 year old daughter...

A recorded call of a business deal can be good as a type of voice memo. But a secret recording of a kinky call with your ex girlfriend that you now have the need to get even with may not.

Anyway. Think I made my idea clear 😉 If used legit and with a good reason, the harm in asking and informing... I just don't see the problem.

16. Kushaltanvir
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2021

17. Subhash.Chandran , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Feb 21, 2021 :
    I'm using OnePlus Launcher latest version 5.0.2.4

How do I connect with live chat support from OnePlus.

18. GaryWall
    Gingerbread Feb 21, 2021

GaryWall , Feb 21, 2021 :
    I agree, but this does not make it right for phone makers to remove the ability to make recordings as it is with most phones now. Just because you can do bad things with something you don’t have to remove it all together, right?

It is like removing the camera because you can take unlawfull, creepy photos, or ban manufacturing of knifes because there is an epidemical wave of knife violence right now.

The true reason, as I see it, for the removal of call recording is that there is a lot of pressure from the corporate world to remove it because corporate and state bureaucrats feel uneasy knowing that they may be held accountable for what they say!

I always tell the other part that I am recording, but as it is now you have to go to pretty long length with OP8 (using ADB is not for everyone) to be able to do this because of pressure from Google and others.

19. Geoff Junior
    Eclair Feb 21, 2021

Geoff Junior , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Feb 21, 2021 :
    Have to agree with you over updates.Got an update on Android 10 with August security patch...Then got Android 11 in November with November security patch. It's now a week from March and no updates since. I have beta running on my 7 pro so letting this one run on ota updates here in UK. Have had OnePlus phones since 3t..Updates were mostly every 2 months and phones were half the price of the this one

wleonardocruz likes this.
  20. kit_cheung
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2021