OxygenOS 11.0.4.5 for the OnePlus 8T

1. Abdul B.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Nov 13, 2020

Abdul B. , Nov 13, 2020 :
    Hey everyone,

We are starting to push the incremental rollout of a new OxygenOS hot-fix update for the OnePlus 8T in India. Europe and North America will soon follow:

IN: 11.0.4.5.KB05DA
    EU: 11.0.4.5.KB05BA
    NA: 11.0.4.5.KB05AA​

Changelog
    • System
      • Optimized the call stability
      • Improved system power consumption performance to reduce heating
      • Improved mis-touch prevention to offer better gaming experience
      • Optimized fluidity with some mainstream games to reduce lagging risks
      • Optimized user experience with Alert Slider by adding toast messages when switching among the 3 modes
      • Fixed the issue that the status bar kept hovering on the screen in landscape mode
      • Fixed the issue that NFC cannot be turned on in a small probability
    • Camera
      • Optimized the imaging effect to bring you with better shooting experience
      • Improved camera stability
    • Network
      • Optimized mobile network connection to improve the network intensity with signal
      • Fixed the small probability issue with network interruption while playing games

We look forward to hearing your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/.

Do try out the new Feedback tool and if you have any questions or need help, please contact bughunters@oneplus.com. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions please refer to How to report a bug and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community app.

[​IMG]

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.

As always, this OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and we'll begin a broader rollout in a few days.

Your feedback is appreciated. We may not always be able to respond to every comment in the forums, but please be assured that we take your comments and feedback seriously. Hope you enjoy and let us know how you feel about the update in the comments below.

Never Settle.

2. Venkat Depatla
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2020

3. madhus234929
    Donut Nov 13, 2020

Jenelism, anyrude, ashwinguy and 4 others like this.
  4. E1603107811421
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2020

5. E1603107811421
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2020

6. ShreyasPatil_
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2020

ShreyasPatil_ , Nov 13, 2020 :
    No difference in the previous one and this update.
    Edit:
    1) Standby Overnight battery drain still isn't fixed.
    2) Camera Quality is very poor. Even a budget device produces better photos than this device. On zooming photo a little bit all the details are distorted. Dont know whether it's hardware issue or camera app is doing this.
    3) On capturing human image, it is dimming the background and creating unnatural glowing skin tone on human face. and at night, human face feels like ghost. all the colours are washed off from the photo.
    4) 90 fps isn't working in PUBG. It's only giving 60 fps output even after selecting 90 fps in game.
    Major disappointment from OnePlus 8T was camera. I hope software update fixes it. The image processing algorithms are worst.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020

7. burnout123
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 13, 2020

8. cyberman_5145
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2020

9. MoshiurBD
    Donut Nov 13, 2020

10. Pramod_Kushwaha
    Donut Nov 13, 2020

11. cyberman_5145
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2020

cyberman_5145 , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 13, 2020 :
    Most annoying thing that I noticed this far on my OnePlus 8 T is the issue that you can't turn off the screen using power button while you receive a call which isn't the case on my OnePlus 8 device. Not sure if this is due to Google phone app that is present on 8T and we have stock OOS Phone dialer app on OnePlus 8. Is there a fix to this that anyone is aware of. If yes, pls help share it with me.

12. avrahta
    Froyo Nov 13, 2020

avrahta , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 13, 2020 :
    Okay, OnePlus.

See, we love your phone application more than the Google stock application. If you cannot bring that back, at least allow us to swipe away calls without declining them. (The screen doesn't turn off even after pressing the lock button, it turns back on but the call doesn't go away.)

The notifications on the AOD (wake screen) for many applications show the name TWICE. (And the message below it). Please fix.

Also, still needs camera update. The RAW is too processed, and the blacks in JPEG 12 MP is too crushed.

Highlights are blown out, all images are being over exposed.

I've had better results when I turned off the first two options regarding intelligent HDR and scene recognition. Recommend you to do that as well.

EVEN THE RAW FILES HAD HDR APPLIED TO THEM.
    Not acceptable from you, OnePlus.

I've already given the camera feedback on the feedback reporting in OnePlus. I've not written about the call feature.

13. Q1602683992686
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2020

15. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Nov 13, 2020

dsmonteiro , Nov 13, 2020 :
    As mentioned in the initial post, this is a hot-fix update, that's why the change log remains unchanged.

16. iamrj
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2020

iamrj , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 13, 2020 :
    Dear Abdul B.,

Camera update for OnePlus 6, 6T & 8, 8T

No Optimize the imaging effect to bring you with better shooting experience

No Improved camera stability
    No HRD on shooting experience

Please fix camera software issues.

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020

17. ympalolxd , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Nov 13, 2020 :
    This is a Oneplus 8T update post. If you want an update for the Oneplus 6, please go to the forum page for the Oneplus 6 instead of posting here. In addition, also use the app's feedback function to feedback to the developers.

18. Siddhant_SP
    Froyo Nov 13, 2020

19. A1602349774280
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2020

bezil13, Animesh245, cedreams and 3 others like this.
  20. Aniketpatil976
    Donut Nov 13, 2020

Animesh245, ashwinguy and iamrj like this.