OxygenOS 11.0.4.5 for the OnePlus 8T

1. jayjoshi88 likes this.
  2. SalamHusin78
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2020

SalamHusin78 , Nov 20, 2020 :
    Hi

The latest update 11.0.4.5 (North America) could not go through for my 8T Cyberpunk device. I have no idea what is the real problem. Perhaps due to the region factor? Since I am in Malaysia and my Cyberpunk has been already flashed with Oxygen OS as to secure Google Play/Google Services and no more hydrogen OS (Chinese).

Really hope for another fixing update or is there any valid resources linking to the full firmware/software of 11.0.4.5? Since the update looks like it is incremental and perhaps some important files missing within the update or having some glitches or technically the update itself has a real problem from the very beginning? Hmmm...

3. MNBatman
    Eclair Nov 20, 2020

MNBatman , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 20, 2020 :
    Are you crazy? one thing Apple doesn't care about is its users so they will go months without pushing an update to fix anything. the same goes for Samsung which it's funny you mentioned them because they also don't care about their users and will go months without pushing an update to fix anything. I get your feelings are hurt but I don't understand how people can sit here and cry for an update immediately after one was just pushed out days before 🤦🏻‍♂️

dionisdei likes this.

4. Bernest44 likes this.

5. srm_harish likes this.
  6. pabs24
    Eclair Nov 20, 2020

pabs24 , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 20, 2020 :
    True, difference is samsung and apple have their os experience nailed. This phone has issues that I have no clue how tf they made it through. My screen color temperature randomly changes and I have all the vision comfort and screen adaptive feature have it set to be a bit cool and still my screen randomly kinda looks like hdr or vision comfort turns on randomly. And the camera on this phone is TRASH. Most of my videos and pictures are unusable. I shouldn't have to go into pro settings to get a decent shot of my dog when with iphone or samsung default mode looks better than anything this phone has. I'm just disappointed. I should've probably opted for the 8pro

7. O1535374628474
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2020

bezil13 likes this.
  8. D1605809456068
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2020

D1605809456068 , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 20, 2020 :
    I installed this update, but the issues with network stability aren't gone. Yesterday it happend 2 times that I was unable to call someone or be called. Only a restart resolved this issue for some time until it occurred again. Interestingly data was available all the time.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020

9. H16SYX
    Donut Nov 20, 2020

H16SYX , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 20, 2020 :
    Yeah my only real issue i(apart from questionable camera quality) is the phone losing mobile.network signal randomly.,does it alot while streaming maps/YouTube music via Android auto.,it seems if signal is lost it never recovers, omly fix is a restart of the phone. It does seem to have relation to the actual network (EE UK in my case). I seems the same bug is there on other OnePlus Handsets such as 8/8 Pro

There is a thread on the Deutsch Telekom (Germany, they used to own the EE network when it was T-Mobile) forum where they have been working with OnePlus/Qualcomm for a fix for this on the oneplus 8/8 Pro for months and they posted yesterday to say the fix should be roll d out in the coming days, however I am not sure if this fix will be included in all ROMs/models.

Really hoping for a fix, I will give it a few more weeks and if still not resolved I'll have to return the device and get something else as it's a serious bug Got to admit I've not had to flash/wipe my phone as much for probably 4-5 years to try and stabilise the software - even contemplated trying custom ROMs and I've not done that for years.😂

O1535374628474 likes this.
  10. vbas1l
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2020

vbas1l , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 20, 2020 :
    I was using OnePlus 3T for last three and half years. Since the day I bought that device, never came across these much problems I had from 8T in this last 5 days. Don't know whether to return back or wait for updates.
    Dear OnePlus, I'm equally frustrated, angry and sad. 🤐
    1605855013584.jpg said:

These problems suddenly appeared after I tried to connect my TV by Casting.
    *Fingerprint hardware not working.
    *community apps and many other apps not working. 1605855013634.jpg
    1605855013658.jpg
    * Camera App not working. In other apps also Camera showing black screen only. 1605855013676.jpg

11. vbas1l
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2020

varun026 likes this.
  12. varun026
    Froyo Nov 20, 2020

varun026 , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 20, 2020 :
    Can please guide how to install google cammera, I could not find it on the app store

13. sasikumarkannan
    Eclair Nov 20, 2020

sasikumarkannan , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 20, 2020 :
    These are not issues. There should be a small incompatibility between phone and tv software. Try restarting the device. Of the issue still persists follow the below steps

1.Power off the phone
    2.press and hold power and volume buttom
    3.enter your password or code
    4.clear cache or data
    5.clear cache
    6.reboot

This should solve the issue

14. xSpartacusx
    Froyo Nov 20, 2020

xSpartacusx , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 20, 2020 :
    Especially when it takes time to do so. These guys have lives. I'm pretty sure they are hearing your cries. There's only so much they can do, especially with covid being a thing and having to work from home and all this other bullshit. Atleast they're trying.

now, apple, is a trillion dollar company cause it milks it's customers for.money. they re-rrleade the same.phojes year after year, increasing the price each time, and barely making improvements.on the previous release. and on top of that, they have a firm grip on who gets to "fix" their stuff. they made it so you can't import apple parts from china, when it goes through customs it's immediately discarded.or sent back or etc.
    there was an Nbc story posted a couple years ago. this person had a macbook the screen wouldn't turn on. genius bar said, needed a new mother board, display, top frame, etc etc etc, mentioned water damage when I'm reality.. the water indicators can literally change for from the smallest amount of moisture in the air. they quoted over a thousand dollars. the person took it to rossman repair group, (louis rossman on youtube, that's where you can find the video), he took one look at it and saw that the display ribbon cable pin that controls the back light was bent, and not contacting the connector. he bent it back, sent her on her way, and didn't charge her at all.

it's apples extremely shady business practices and faulty hard ware (bend gate, antenna gate on the first iphone - Steve jobs "you're just holding it wrong".. touch disease, that time they preloaded and unwanted unremovable u2 album on everyone's phones , slowing down the battery without notice to keep the phone lasting longer? there was crack gate on the iphone nano, they said it's not a design flaw, but just americans being obese and overweight and sitting on the phone, and then there's the iPad pro from last year, came bent out of the box and bent so easily but apple said it's normal to be bent out of the factory and isn't a design flaw.)
    support apple if you want, but hey just shows what kind of person you are. this is exactly why i will never buy any apple branded product for as long as I live. I will not stoop so low to be treated like a slave to them.

_AFNAN+PK_ likes this.
  15. aman04081999
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2020

aman04081999 , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 20, 2020 :
    The charging speed has been reduced a lot since the phone first came out. It takes much longer to charge even with optimised charging turned off. This is not done. We're not testers for your heating and charging issues

_AFNAN+PK_ likes this.
  16. xSpartacusx
    Froyo Nov 20, 2020

xSpartacusx , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 20, 2020 :
    I'm still on 11.0.1.2 and refuse to update it caise of these issues

17. vbas1l
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2020

vbas1l , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 20, 2020 :
    Which cache brother?

18. sasikumarkannan
    Eclair Nov 20, 2020

19. pabs24
    Eclair Nov 20, 2020

pabs24 , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 20, 2020 :
    I haven't received any updates in almost a MONTH!!! I'm on T-Mobile. After waking up this morning my battery is trash for sum reason. It dropped 10% in about 30 minutes when it used to take over an our of usage. I'm Soo regretting switching to oneplus. They seem to have such simple yet experience breaking bugs that go unfixed. This is why I will never buy anything from an indie phone company ever again. I used apple and samsung since 2011 and never faced such db problems. Who TF is even running this??? 🤦🤦