OxygenOS 11.0.5.5 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. papaharl
    Froyo Apr 1, 2021

papaharl , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 1, 2021 :
    Did it? I seem to have problems with my downloaded videos because of the L3 problem.

2. danE.
    Donut Apr 1, 2021

danE. , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 1, 2021 :
    In my case, yes. I had this problem since 4months ago I think. You can check the widevine status by using app called drm info. If it says L1 there, you just need to uninstall your netflix from google play then reinstall it again. If it says L3 still, that's unfortunate and you need to submit a feedback thru community app.

3. papaharl
    Froyo Apr 1, 2021

papaharl , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 1, 2021 :
    This'll be my last resort, I guess. 16Gb of downloaded movies and series will go to waste then. Haha. Thanks, man.

4. Smit_pathak1
    Eclair Apr 1, 2021

Smit_pathak1 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 1, 2021 :
    I feel very bad that i paid 58000 rupees for this gas burner.

Today i was watching a movie and when i touched my phone it was burning and i was like hell no!
    i can understand heating while gaming but heating while watching a movie? at night? in cold temperatures? seriously OnePlus, look into this issue and solve it.

When i move the device some strange sounds from camera makes me worry about my device.

its just 9 months since i bought OnePlus 8 pro.
    The phone's a disaster.

5. Claudio_G.
    Gingerbread Apr 1, 2021

Claudio_G. , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 1, 2021 :
    The sound you listen is the mechanical part of camera lens. Don't worry it's very normal.

aoyanb likes this.
  6. GaryWall
    Gingerbread Apr 1, 2021

GaryWall , Apr 1, 2021 :
    As a matter of fact, it is better to keep the dark mode dark grey and NOT black. Not that I even for a second thought that it was going to change but someone just has to respond to this kind of madness.

7. This_is_varshney
    Froyo Apr 2, 2021

This_is_varshney , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Gary Gary Gary! Shh!

8. ds4975
    Froyo Apr 2, 2021

ds4975 , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Visit the service centre.... they will update some patch file which will take 20 minutes without any data loss.....i did the same

9. B1570780088421
    Cupcake Apr 2, 2021

10. O1611736558370
    Cupcake Apr 2, 2021

11. DPL900
    Froyo Apr 2, 2021

DPL900 , Apr 2, 2021 :
    The choice of 5G is purely a matter for your country's mobile company!!!!
    In all update until now I had no problem with the battery ... the only thing I would like to correct the OnePlus is the camera in oneplus 8

12. geoxar
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2021

geoxar , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 2, 2021 :
    You mean you prefer it that way, gray. I suppose it is a matter of personal preference, I love the pitch black. I know that it won't go back like it was in OxygenOS10, but OnePlus could easily provide both color options and let the users choose. Even this is too much for them to implement...

I don't understand what is the madness you refer to...

Anyway, for those loving greatly the pitch black thene there is always the option to downgrade 😉

1617346283082.jpg

13. Tobalou
    Eclair Apr 2, 2021

pm1982 likes this.
  14. aoyanb
    Froyo Apr 2, 2021

aoyanb , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Did you check what was the temperature!! If it was more than usual then it should have stopped by itself with a heating warning. Check the background process which might cause the heating. Wipe you device cache.

Also the sound you are getting because your OIS part of your camera. It moves to adjust your shakiness while taking photos to make it stabilized.

15. aoyanb
    Froyo Apr 2, 2021

Do you refering the battery stat is not reseting after 90% charge? I think that was wrong earlier as the heading says
    "Last full charge", so 90% is not full charge, 100% is the full charge. So they may be actually corrected that. Optimized charging track charging pattern to control the charge flow to your device. It does not related to battery stat.

16. Smit_pathak1
    Eclair Apr 2, 2021

Smit_pathak1 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 2, 2021 :
    I didn't check but it was untouchable. No warning though.
    And for the background this is what i do before doing anything in my phone as i want laser sharp performance on the task i am doing.

Sd Maid pro (paid version) - All accessibility given.
    cleans everything from junk, to ram and clears cacge by going into application settings. it really works check it out.

Manually force stopped 100 apps on my phone.

Used a wired headphone for watching movie, with OnePlus official USB-C to headphone jack converter.

Sitting in my AC room with AC on at 20°C.

Watching At night, After 11.
    Phone was on stand.

after all this care, it heats up to that level that i can not even take a risk to touch it!

No YouTube vanced installed.
    All the apps are genuine versions. Bought Spotify, Bought lightroom, Bought netflix subscription.

I think community can better understand now.
    I consider myself a superuser as previously i owned redmi devices and root access was granted in thos devices. Custom ROMs, you know.

So, heating is really annoying in this high price point flagship phone.

About the sound from camera:

it didn't came for 8.5 months and now its like tack-tack-tack!! you get my point!

17. aoyanb
    Froyo Apr 2, 2021

Seems like may be you have overdone something!! Those issues are not happening for all. So better you take that into the customer service.

Smit_pathak1 likes this.
  18. Tobalou
    Eclair Apr 2, 2021

Tobalou , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Nope , I'm saying optimized charging is not engaging, the phone is charging directly to 100%
    I use the same pattern everyday to put it in charge , tried to wipe system cache without success .
    The OP7 pro of my wife is working very well

19. AvinashThawait
    Froyo Apr 2, 2021