Froyo Apr 13, 2021

3. aoyanb
    Froyo Apr 13, 2021

aoyanb , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Remove device cache from recovery mode.

4. aoyanb
    Froyo Apr 13, 2021

That is not probably grin tint you are facing. Oneplus did that in previous update. Its turn slightly greenish at the time of playing video in evey apps at below 10% brightness. I think they did it for reducing black bar issue at the time of watching any video. Other than video the greenish vibe is off. You can disable that by turning ON the DC dimming.

5. aoyanb
    Froyo Apr 13, 2021

I don't know its was there earlier before but I have noticed the image quality of telephoto lense is improved at night in low or mid low light condition. The shutter speed is lowered a bit but the result is very good with much better detail.

6. alessan
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2021

alessan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Wow, what a messy battery life.. i wiped cache and everything.. got 3.5 hours screen in time.. before this update i got between 5 and 6... Guess they want us to buy the 9 Pro.. very dissapointed with this update..it seems im not the only one here
    lets see how the device performes the next few days, but i fear Oneplus is capable making their average phone even worse.. 🥴

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021

F_Arun_Bagga_Olxx and noexcusses like this.
  7. Piyush120498
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2021

Piyush120498 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Hey
    1. The green tint i am facing is there on the screen once i turn the brightness below around 20%. It doesn't matter if i am playing a video or just swiping down the notification bar
    The tint is just there .
    2. As you suggested, i tried turning DC Dimming on but unfortunately that didn't change anything at All.

noexcusses likes this.
  8. aoyanb
    Froyo Apr 13, 2021

Then its weird I must say as I did not face any tint issue after or before any update. Tint occurs at a certain part of the display, not all over the display. If its all over the screen then its a different display issue. Dont know what kind you are having. You try cache remove from recovery or try a factory reset or can talk to service center.

9. GaryWall
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2021

GaryWall , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Just turn the brightnes up and the problem will go away. More or less all amoled displays have wierd effects when set extremly low. They are not meant to be used that low.
    If you have set to auto screen brightness turn up the room lightning, then the screen light will go up too and this will strain your eyes less.

aoyanb likes this.
  10. noexcusses
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2021

11. noexcusses
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2021

12. noexcusses
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2021

noexcusses , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Green tint also here at 20% brightness.
    Battery drain and camera Deformance with android 11 updates. I don't care if someone is ok with green tints, just because other screens on other phones have some issues too, that's why I didn't pay to buy a phone from another company and I payed on one plus... If one plus can't offered me a good screen I will say "GOODBYE" to them too.

13. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 14, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 14, 2021 :
    People have a wide spectrum of battery life on 9 series too. Some claim it's worse than their old device. But I find it just as good as when I left 8 Pro on beta 8.
    I never used stable firmware since the beta began on 8 series so I definitely don't know how 11.0.5.5 acts. But most often there should be something you can find that makes a difference that causes more drain. Keeping track on what is normal and what has changed can be helpful. (even if it turns out not to be caused by any of the installed apps and indeed is caused by some fault in the firmware it may be good to know what happens on the phone)

Some monitoring tools could come in handy.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/battery-analysis-and-battery-drain-trouble-solving.1413430/

14. Princevs2
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2021

Princevs2 , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 14, 2021 :
    Yeah mine too!
    Last update was best

15. Piyush120498
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2021

Piyush120498 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 14, 2021 :
    The issue is that this wasn't the case before i instlled the latest update.
    The brightness on the phone is quite high. So when I use the phone after turning lights off, Can't look at it directly without dragging the brightness to 0 and that's exactly how i have been using the phone for 8 months
    It's only after this update that i am facing the issue.

16. aoyanb
    Froyo Apr 14, 2021

aoyanb , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 14, 2021 :
    As some of you having this issue, you should file a bug report from community app. They will ask you for some logs to see why your device is acting like that. Its better to file a bug if you are sure about the issue is occurring for the update. After posting the bug if they find anything they will surely fix it on the next update.

Piyush120498 likes this.
  17. aoyanb
    Froyo Apr 14, 2021

Then you can wait for someday to see if the devive can improve something by learning your usage pattern. If does not improve then file a bug report from community app. They will contact you for some logs of your device.

18. alessan
    Honeycomb Apr 14, 2021

alessan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 14, 2021 :
    Yes i will see where the problem comes from... But i guess its because of the update. It was average to good before, now after the update it is really really bad.. :-/ even thinking about switching to beta because this makes my phone last half a day 😄 lost 22 % of battery life now, during 1 hour of usage.. sad..
    Would be a strange coincidence if this wouldnt be because of this update, since it appears every day after i updated it.. like i said, i wiped chache, everything updated..
    Damn, really annoying.. last update was great, now they made the phone worse again... cant understand that differences with every update

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021

19. noexcusses
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2021

noexcusses , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 14, 2021 :
    Brother phone was working well with android 10.

20. aoyanb
    Froyo Apr 14, 2021

Mine one is working well. I dont face any issue with 11 or the updates of 11. If you are sure about your issue you should file a bug rather complaining here. There must be something wrong going with your device. If you file a bug they will contact you for further investigation.

Peterxxx likes this.