OxygenOS 11.0.5.5 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Mr.Scully
    Froyo Apr 17, 2021

Mr.Scully , Apr 17, 2021 :
    The battery life is significantly better in Android 10 than in Android 11. In 10 the phone can last up to two days. In 11 it's hardly a 1-day phone.

2. miruntel
    Donut Apr 17, 2021

miruntel , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 17, 2021 :
    Thank you! I will wait for other answers too. Do you know how to change from QHD+ to FHD?

3. Karthickzick
    Donut Apr 17, 2021

4. Cidde likes this.
  5. Peterxxx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 17, 2021

Peterxxx , Apr 17, 2021 :
    Go to settings than apps, search for oneplus launcher and there clean cache, try if the touch is fixed. You can also clean cache in recovery.

KloNoS, aoyanb and sdriyaan like this.
  6. isyedriyan
    Donut Apr 17, 2021

isyedriyan , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 17, 2021 :
    Thank You... I will check and let you know if it works.

7. aoyanb
    Froyo Apr 17, 2021

aoyanb , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 17, 2021 :
    Is that green vibe appears in youtube at below 20% brightness? If it is than it is not green tint. They did it to hide black bar at that lower brightness. Turn On DC dimming it wont appear in low brightness. And 60Hz in youtube at the time of watching content is good for battery. It does not need higher refresh rate to watch any video.

8. aoyanb
    Froyo Apr 17, 2021

As I can see from your post is that you are using Oneplus 8. OP8 does not has QHD. It is FHD. OP8Pro has QHD. Another thing is with 6.55 inch amoled and 90hz refresh rate a smartphone cannot survive more than one day if you use it continuously. More important thing is the Screen On Time. What is the Screen Usage since full charge you are getting?

9. aoyanb
    Froyo Apr 17, 2021

Yes these issues happen in low light, indoor and night time condition. They just try to brighten up the picture with higher iso which produces noise. Stock app for front cam is not good at all in low light. Gcam with setting slightly higher exposer compensation produces really good selfie, also has night mode selfie option. You can try that.

10. Mr.Scully
    Froyo Apr 17, 2021

I tested the GCam mod (actually several versions of it) already in Android 10 but the results were actually worse. The photos underexposed and had focus issues. Which particular mod do you have best experiences with? I think there are several versions available - Urnyx05, Arnova, Wichaya etc.

I'm also having some focus issues with the main camera in Android 11 but I've had 11 just since yesterday evening so I'll be doing more tests. But I can say with absolute certainity that the stock app was far better in Android 10.

11. aoyanb
    Froyo Apr 17, 2021

Use the one 7.3 by wichaya. There you can set exposure compensation manually for both front and back camera. The compensation may have to adjust between +1 to +1.2 depending the lighting condition. After clicking you can improve the selfie from the google photos by just doing 3 things. Increase brightness a bit, decrease hightlight a bit and finally increase the skin tone a bit. After that the results are night and day difference.
    Also you can choose the auto white balance for each lense from different model. I use samsung HMX white balance for front cam.
    1618656563817.jpg

1618656563850.jpg

1618656563874.jpg

LimAcki and Mr.Scully like this.

12. SafeerNadeem
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2021

SafeerNadeem , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 17, 2021 :
    People here say that by turning on DC dimming the chance of screen burn increases?

13. aoyanb
    Froyo Apr 17, 2021

I dont know about that. DC dimming is only needed when you are watching some video at only below 15% brightness and you dont want that green vibe. If you are using the device at more than 20% brightness you dont need that.

14. miruntel
    Donut Apr 17, 2021

miruntel , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 17, 2021 :

aoyanb

As I can see from your post is that you are using Oneplus 8. OP8 does not has QHD. It is FHD. OP8Pro has QHD. Another thing is with 6.55 inch amoled and 90hz refresh rate a smartphone cannot survive more than one day if you use it continuously. More important thing is the Screen On Time. What is the Screen Usage since full charge you are getting?​

I succeeded 9hr. But turned off anything that means 90hz display, unnecessary notifications, ambiental display (I don't find it that useful), turned on dark mode. I didn't know it hasn't QHD. It is good for battery life, then. I am surprised how well it survived from 30% battery yesterday night to 10% in the morning, at 11:20, after using it harder than yesterday.
    I managed to find those settings that make it last longer. Data saver seems to improve significantly the battery, and also bedtime mode, and also focus mode. Very nice features on this phone! You have various way of improving it which is nice, but you must search for them.
    However, it is disappointing the fact that even if you won't turn on the screen or even ambiental display, the screen is consuming a lot of battery. It seems like it doesn't have idle time at all. I will see next days, after a few settings, how it works.
    Whatever, even without 90hz I feel like the phone is very fluid, 60hz doesn't bother me that much as I expected. If you know how to set up the phone, it is a huge improvement to battery life.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021

aoyanb likes this.
  15. G1597919115955
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2021

G1597919115955 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 17, 2021 :
    Unfortunately no, it happens in any brightness level.
    It's noticable when I touch the bottom bar that closes the app or switches to another app.

It does a slight flash, and on dev. options i realized why - the phone switches to 120hz from 60hz in a split second when going from youtube to home screen

16. Mr.Scully
    Froyo Apr 17, 2021

Thanks, this indeed does seem to be the best solution among the third party apps. Also the HDR+ mode seems to help a bit. Just the wide cam doesn't work. I tried to import the XML config file but that didn't help.

It's a shame that OnePlus has banned all the third party apps to use the full resolution. The selfies by GCam are quite good now but only in 4mpix mode, not really suitable for printing.

17. G_Стаматов , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 17, 2021 :
    Yesterday after the update, the battery started to drain very quickly.Is there an option to save battery power. Instead of blaspheming, show where the update problems are and let the developers work.

alessan and aoyanb like this.
  18. Shifkan nzr
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2021

19. aoyanb
    Froyo Apr 17, 2021

If you are close to your charger then it is not really needed to push that much by settings for battery life. But its good to know how the things could save battery life. You can also turned of wifi and bluetooth scaning all the time from searching the setting and wifi preferences. That will also help with battery life.