OxygenOS 11.0.5.5 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 19, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 19, 2021 :
    What icons are out of date?

That icon pack only include certain icons. Icons not found in the pack will show the app original icons. It does not need to include new Google icons and such because new icons comes from the apps them self. That the launcher sometimes does not show the newer icons in some cases is not due to the icon pack.
    If that is what you are refering to try any other icon on the app in question. Then revert it to default. This has made some users apps that has been stuck on the old icon update to the new one.
    An alternative if still stuck could be to reset the launcher.

aoyanb likes this.
  2. gadgetgazza_98
    Gingerbread Apr 19, 2021

gadgetgazza_98 , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 19, 2021 :
    The OnePlus icons are outdated when I set my phone to use the oxygen icon pack. If I look in playstore it says it hasn't been updated since June 2020.

The icons seem correct when using the Hydrogen Icon Pack, all icons become adaptive and have the same square outline. On oxygen icon pack this doesn't seem to be the case. Will try your recommendation.

Many thanks for the above information, this is very useful to know. I appreciate your help.

1618846907707.jpg

1618846845747.jpg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021

3. gadgetgazza_98
    Gingerbread Apr 19, 2021

gadgetgazza_98 , Apr 19, 2021 :

After resetting the launcher, I can confirm all icons are updated. Many thanks for your time and help.

Peterxxx and Swejuggalo like this.
  4. Ravish Shankar
    Cupcake Apr 19, 2021

Ravish Shankar , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Making this update was a mistakes, My phone gets hung and reboots after a very short regular interval.
    Tried migrating to lineage OS same thing occurred, tried putting stock os back and get a repair service ended up hard bricking the phone, struggled for a long time managed to restore via download tool, issue was gone, then did a local upgrade, out of the blue got it, brought back my sickness. tired of it @OnePlus please take a look at this issue, Indian version. P.S: my IMEI are erased. SAD AF

5. Scorpiosunset
    Eclair Apr 19, 2021

6. Scorpiosunset
    Eclair Apr 19, 2021

7. HotWingsAndBeer
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2021

HotWingsAndBeer , Apr 20, 2021 :
    Hopefully they fixed the awful media player layout on the Lock Screen and notification shade. It looks terrible on 8 Pro. Also need to switch that ugly gray color to black on dark mode in notification shade. It’s hideous at low brightness.

8. Premchoco
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2021

9. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 20, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 20, 2021 :
    A test for you since I don't have my 8 Pro anymore.
    Try CX Filemanager (or any other 3rd party filemanager). Make any folder anywhere. Inside that folder make a folder named ".nomedia". Is it possible to see or find even if showing hidden files? If creating the same folder again at the same place with Files or Oneplus Filemanager. You are not allowed to?
    If you remove the folder and again make the same steps with Files or Oneplus Filemanager. The issue don't exist and any file manager can see and use the hidden folder?
    CX Filemanager Dev can't replicate it. Nor can I on 9 Pro.

10. vijayrijhwani
    Froyo Apr 20, 2021

aoyanb likes this.
  11. miruntel
    Donut Apr 20, 2021

12. alessan
    Honeycomb Apr 20, 2021

alessan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 20, 2021 :
    Oh, youre lucky.. my battery drain is huge, was getting 5.5 hours with the upfate before, now i m only getting around 4 hours SOT.. 😐
    Sometimes even less...
    Android System uses so much more energy than before.. and yes, i wiped chache.. with less than 4 hours SOT, this phone is getting a pain to use...

I m not the only one that has problems after this update...

F_Teemu_Forsberg_tFal likes this.
  13. Ajin_Grace_Thomas
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2021

Vanshh1 likes this.
  14. LimAcki
    Donut Apr 20, 2021

LimAcki , Apr 20, 2021 :
    Thx 😍

aoyanb likes this.
  15. soumenjr
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2021

16. Swejuggalo

What level of heat? Some increase of temperature is normal. It's hard to charge very cold if the battery already is at around 35°C before charging.
    What is your idle temperatures, ambient temperatures and the temp you get when charging?

1618938039913.jpg
    (sample from Devcheck giving a nice overview of both CPU/SoC activity/temp and battery....while walking a sunny evening at 8°C *almost a tiny bit hot outdoors* 😉)

aoyanb and miruntel like this.
  17. Ján Hirner
    Honeycomb Apr 20, 2021

Ján Hirner , Apr 20, 2021 :
    you have oneplus 9 pro, not oneplus 8 maybe you havent problem due to this, on the other side,wrong thread

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021

18. Vanshh1
    Eclair Apr 20, 2021

Vanshh1 , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 20, 2021 :
    Facing d same issues bro.

Parthkansara likes this.
  19. Swejuggalo

Heat is still heat. And a battery is still a battery. That app also works on 8 series. I've owned 7 Pro and 8 Pro too... Similar issues. Similar reasons.
    Sometimes there are multiple reasons behind heat. I see heat issues everywhere. Magically a higher percentage during hot seasons... All devices, all firmwares.
    Without looking for possible issues and reasons behind the heat what would posting your heat issue here lead to? "Aww. Bad for you 🔥"? 😜
    I prefer to lend a helping hand buy gathering some facts to start with. Like some numbers to know what he is dealing with.

I've used beta on 8 Pro since it opened up until beta 8. Also on 7 Pro. Beta tester until upgrading. I'm not completely clueless on 8 series and basic troubleshooting just because I currently own a 9 Pro. When I have time over I watch my previously owned devices too. Nothing bad with that.

GaryWall, Ján Hirner and Aaron2017 like this.