OxygenOS 11.0.6.6 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Langesmalle
    Eclair May 28, 2021

Langesmalle , May 28, 2021 :
    Hey,
    I did not noticed lots of problems on my 8 pro after upgrading from 10 to 11.
    However, battery was not that good as in 10 with less SOT.
    I always do a cache clean after each upgrade and the last couple of updates i always downloaded the full upgrade using oxygen updater.

Two weeks ago i decided to do a factory reset.

First thing I was surpriced of is that i could see some things were changed in layout which were not applied after the upgrade from 10 to 11.

After a few days i could see a big improvement in the battery performance.
    I had 7h40 SOT and this on a single full charge which lasted for almost 4 days.
    Ok, i do not use the phone for gaming, but the difference was amazing after the factory reset.

As it was already mentioned a lot in previous posts, it is better to perform a factory reset after upgrading to a major android version.

So, for those experiencing a lot of issues which were not the case in version 10 i really recommend to think about performing a factory reset. Be sure to backup the things you don't want to loose.

A colleague, having a 7t, confirmed that after upgrading to 11, his battery was also poor, but once after applying a factory reset all was back normal as before.

Last edited: May 28, 2021

Gillysixpence, ottafish and alessan like this.
  2. strikieg , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , May 28, 2021 :
    I for one am very happy with the 8 Pro. It's probably the best phone I've ever owned after 10+ years on Galaxy S devices. Support is not great but it's not terrible either, and bugs get fixed, not sure what your expectations are from phones, but it all seems a bit too unrealistic.
    Samsung and most other brands are no better at dealing with problems from my experience.
    Don't be lazy and clear the cache after each incremental update, and factory reset after switching android version. This goes for every phone.
    The only downside is this forum, really.

Yussuan, miruntel, Hdfxsts and 7 others like this.
  3. M1592471288494
    Cupcake May 28, 2021

4. D1588432254405 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , May 28, 2021 :
    Ive gone back to Apple, the phone has been fine but lack of updates and new features have finished it for me, my first OP device and unfortunately my last. Shame, as the device is great but I enjoy new updates, security and features to go with it [e]270c[/e]️

5. R_d_M
    Gingerbread May 28, 2021

6. Aaron2017
    General Support Expert Award 2021 May 28, 2021

Aaron2017 , May 28, 2021 :
    Try cleaning it out with a wooden toothpick or non metallic object. There might be some dust or something like that there that's barely visible.

Shouvik1plus likes this.

7. ottafish likes this.
  8. Shouvik1plus , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , May 28, 2021 :
    How to clear cache in one plus 8 pro ? In settings-storage , cache is not showing

9. strikieg , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , May 28, 2021 :
    Turn off your device.
    Press and hold the Volume down and Power button at the same time.
    When the OnePlus logo appears, release the Power button, but continue holding the Volume down button.
    At the Password screen, enter the Password or PIN number that you use to unlock your device. ...
    Tap English.
    Tap Wipe data and cache.

10. Shouvik1plus , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , May 28, 2021 :
    Noted . Thanks a ton bro

strikieg likes this.
  11. R_d_M
    Gingerbread May 28, 2021

R_d_M , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 28, 2021 :
    Nothing wrong with hardware...
    Slider works perfect, clicks when it should but phone os does not change to vibrate mode or silent mode ...

12. muharrem1961
    Honeycomb May 28, 2021

muharrem1961 , May 28, 2021 :
    The People app is not working.
    same with me.

13. Aaron2017
    General Support Expert Award 2021 May 28, 2021

Aaron2017 , May 28, 2021 :
    So you've tried it already? Even when it clicks as it should, in pretty much all cases this fixes it, that's why i suggested it.

14. muharrem1961
    Honeycomb May 28, 2021

15. Carrierwave
    Froyo May 29, 2021

Carrierwave , via OnePlus 8 , May 29, 2021 :
    Used the Updater App, and installed EU incremental update with no issues.

Phone working with no noticeable issues.

Still happy with it and can't believe the amount of posts here expecting blood. I think some need to go to the dark side and experience other manufacturers support or real lack of it.

Here we have a active beta program which i have seen already 2 updates in only 1 month. A stable rollout roughly every 2 months with mainly some bug fixes and security patch. Hopefully as time progresses some of the beta fixes will find their way to the stable release.

With my experience of my previous phone from another manufacturer, still seeing bug fixes a year into the life of the phone is good.

Hopefully my phone will continue to behave and not experience some of the issues unfortunately a few seem to suffer.

Yussuan, J. Ram, sp5it and 3 others like this.
  16. GaryWall
    Gingerbread May 29, 2021

GaryWall , May 29, 2021 :
    Totally agree with you. If you want to continue reading this forum you will soon be able to identify the infamous posts already after a few words and then skip to the next. Or you can without any love lost stop reading this forum and go to a moderated forum where the offending posts are weeded out and a respectable tone is implemented by the moderators.

17. R_d_M
    Gingerbread May 29, 2021

R_d_M , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 29, 2021 :
    Gallery bug, still NOT fixed...
    This is getting really sad Oneplus... Almost 1000€ phone and a basic system app (gallery) doesn't work like it should.
    You guys are losing me.
    Probably my last Oneplus

18. L1604741068424
    Eclair May 29, 2021

L1604741068424 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 29, 2021 :
    After your new update in one plus 8 pro I am not able to call to some one .. The dialer page gets hanged ..this kind of useless updates are you providing us after two months .. there is nothing new you are providing to us and secondly when are you giving updates there is nothing new and nothing is upgraded .. so one plus company is degrading day by day in updates .. stop providing this kind of updates to the customers .. you are only focussing on your feed back and our feedback is 0 towards one plus ..

19. britestar
    Donut May 29, 2021

britestar , via OnePlus 8 , May 29, 2021 :
    My wifi connection keeps disconnecting automatically randomly. I tried to reset my router and have removed and re added wifi network but still it keeps disconnecting.
    Any idea how to resolve it?