Eclair May 30, 2021

ottafish , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 30, 2021 :
    None that I've found.
    Unlock ok
    Banking apps ok
    Gpay ok
    Other apps that need f/print sem fine.
    But, they were all fine beforehand too

Ps, took phone off wireless charging this morning, nice and cool.

2. kashifkashif
    Cupcake May 30, 2021

alessan and cyberman_5145 like this.
  3. ChristelleBanza
    Cupcake May 31, 2021

ChristelleBanza , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 31, 2021 :
    Yes, that's true, especially for call video the camera doesn't give a good look, so sad

4. cyberman_5145
    Honeycomb May 31, 2021

cyberman_5145 , via OnePlus 6T , May 31, 2021 :
    Battery drain continues to be a challenge. Did try keeping device on charge overnight for 2 days and I still see 12% battery drop on standby during night.

Had my device at 100% last evening at 9PM and I kept my phone off the charger. This morning without any use the device is at 88% battery with usage status as below.
    1622431745739.jpg

Tower-1. likes this.
  5. cyberman_5145
    Honeycomb May 31, 2021

Tower-1. likes this.
  6. kashifkashif
    Cupcake May 31, 2021

7. Fitchew_
    Cupcake May 31, 2021

Fitchew_ , via OnePlus 8 , May 31, 2021 :
    After the update on my OnePlus 8, the shortcuts (thumnails) above the icons of each application from Google disappeared. The phone began to lag where everything was smooth before. Gallery app became more slowly than before, it still opens very long, then loading photos and images, and i can wait till the end forever.

8. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Jelly Bean May 31, 2021

Tee_Eee_Bee , May 31, 2021 :
    If you haven't done it already, try clearing the Launcher app cache and see if that helps.

9. Fitchew_
    Cupcake May 31, 2021

Fitchew_ , via OnePlus 8 , May 31, 2021 :
    Nope, it doesn't help.

10. ottafish
    Eclair May 31, 2021

ottafish , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 31, 2021 :
    06:00, off wireless charger.
    Now 16:45

Full days work @ 72%
    Phone calls, music playing
    Web browsing.
    Normal usage.
    No games, no videos.
    I can normally get just on 2 days
    Maybe a little less if I have a overly busy day.

For me, no issues for battery. Charges up, doesn't get hot. Lasts long enough for me.

11. PTuT
    Jelly Bean May 31, 2021

PTuT , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 31, 2021 :
    I would not base my action on such a vague response that was provided to you (no details). Better to read this thread and then decide. For me, it works just fine. Nothing spectacular to write about but good to get security update. That's all.

Yussuan, ottafish and DPL900 like this.
  12. DPL900
    Froyo May 31, 2021

DPL900 , May 31, 2021 :
    OnePlus 8 ( IN21BA )

Also For me no issues for battery ....
    I think it's better update from 11.0.5.5
    •more smooth
    •no lag
    •wifi and networks better performance
    •bluetooth still works good for me

ottafish likes this.
  13. Langesmalle
    Eclair May 31, 2021

Langesmalle , May 31, 2021 :
    Again, for those having lots of issues, consider to perform a factory reset which is recommended when upgrading to a major Android upgrade!

Make a backup of the necessary things before performing the factory reset.

If that does not solve your problems, then consider to visit an OnePlus service center.

I also ran on an upgrade from 10 to 11 for a while and never had much issues except less battery performance.
    As I mentioned in an earlier post, after performing a factory reset 2 weeks ago, I do not have any issues of any kind anymore.
    Phone might feel a bit warmer during charging (cable), but once at 70-80% it begins to cool down.

For the minor updates for 11, I always use the oxygen updater app and have selected to use the full size file.
    And after each upgrade (major/minor) I also apply a clean cache.

ottafish likes this.
  14. kashifkashif
    Cupcake May 31, 2021

kashifkashif , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 31, 2021 :
    Good to know. What is your phone international version?
    Also, did you face any battery issues on first version of Oxygen 11? I actually was on Oxygen 11 initially but was getting 2 hrs SOT, so I rolled back to Oxygen 10, that was back in Nov 2020.

15. alessan
    Honeycomb May 31, 2021

alessan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 31, 2021 :
    Cant tell much yet, but it seems bad.
    I can only get around 4 hours SOT (same as previous update).. compared to Android 10 where i got 5.5 to 6 hours SOT...

Oxygen Os 11 is just so poor in battery life, same for other Oneplus phones

16. alessan
    Honeycomb May 31, 2021

You know that Oneplus Service Center will not care, right? Their battery life is so poor under Android 11, and they just dont fix it... Even other Oneplus phones have bad battery life under Android 11..

Battery life stays bad eventhough i whiped chache. Cant tell me that the soltuion is to make factory reset 😂 if thats the case, this only shows how bad Oxygen OS 11 is... Never had such problems with my 6T..
    Good that Pixel 6 Pro is on its way, this will crush Oneplus in every single point!
    Even many youtubers already seem to admit that Oneplus is getting worse when it comes to updates..
    oneplus should not just throw that many devices on the market, and not care about software! they are just not able to habdle that many devices, but they dont care as long as people buy their phones..
    i guess many people here defending Oneplus are new users, or just harcore fans..
    because everyone that owned Oneplus phones before knows their support was once miles better than now.

Last edited: May 31, 2021

Himanshuchamoli and geoxar like this.
  17. Peterxxx
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 31, 2021

Peterxxx , May 31, 2021 :
    I think +/- 7 hours is not to bad. ( Android 11, oxygen os 11.0.5.5 IN11BA OnePlus 8 Pro )
    [​IMG]

18. alessan
    Honeycomb May 31, 2021

I m sorry to say, but this is probably not the daily behaviour from a normal user.. Not even youtubers got that much battery life in their tests..
    You have to admit youre surley above average SOT of users!
    Some people just trying to push their SOT as far as it goes (especially users with Oneplus Logo in their profile pic, sorry to say..):
    if i m watching youtube videos with wifi for hours i may achieve such a high SOT to, but that doesnt reflect the daily usage of an average user..
    said:

turning of bluetoth, using only under wifi, setting it to Full HD, switch of 120 hz... there are many ways to push SOT.

Last edited: May 31, 2021

19. ottafish
    Eclair May 31, 2021

ottafish , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 31, 2021 :
    8Pro
    Used as a business tool, not a gaming console or personal streaming video player.
    Gets used for music streaming and playing local music files. Gets used for YouTube. Not loaded up with rubbish apps.
    Maybe I'm old school, but I don't have any issues.

1622462176005.jpg

chto44 and sp5it like this.
  20. Zwe23
    Donut May 31, 2021

9000003797 likes this.