OxygenOS 11.0.6.6 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Ekdoteenplus
    Donut May 28, 2021

Ekdoteenplus , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 28, 2021 :
    There was no discharge issue on Day 2. Only an acceptable 3-5% discharge overnight.

Gillysixpence likes this.
  2. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 28, 2021

Does!Compute , May 28, 2021 :
    I am from India, and have the 8 Pro. No issues on my end either (I run Beta though). I follow the basic steps to keep the phone running properly (occasional cache clear, a reboot once in a while, most apps set to Optimise in Battery settings). I get excellent battery backup, no lag, and the camera quality is pretty decent too (although the crushed shadows/high contrast in the images clicked by recent OnePlus flagships isn't to my taste. Thankfully, Gcam rectifies it)

Peterxxx, DPL900, ottafish and 2 others like this.
  3. alessan
    Honeycomb May 28, 2021

alessan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 28, 2021 :
    Hey, i dont have this update yet, i will wait for OTA.
    I just notice one thing more and more:

Has the camera quality gotten worse these last updates on Oneplus 8 Pro? I really liked the cam when i got the phone, but now most of the pics have very bad colors.. looks almost like there is a filter on it..

Even my girlfriend said my pics are really bad, and she mostly doesnt have a clue when it comes to camera quality 😂 but she is right.

Furthermore, battery life is very bad, hope this gets fixed with this update.. (it was good on Android 11)

Although i dont think the next updates change much..
    I feel like Oneplus is making their phones worse as soon as a new one is out, to make people buy their newer ones.

At least Pixel 6 Pro is on the horizon ..!

tanweerezaz1991 and Shouvik1plus like this.
  4. Partha_De
    Cupcake May 28, 2021

Partha_De , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 28, 2021 :
    Ya man! It's still missing. All I can see is gallery update 🙄. Come on!

5. PTuT
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2021

PTuT , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 28, 2021 :
    Which gcam do you use?

karleez likes this.
  6. anmol.butta
    Honeycomb May 28, 2021

7. karleez
    Cupcake May 28, 2021

8. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 28, 2021

I keep on shifting between Arnova 8.1, Wichaya 8.1 and BSG 8.1. Currently on the latter (very smooth and fast, and the nrG XML lifts the shadows up quite well)

PTuT likes this.
  9. PTuT
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2021

PTuT , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 28, 2021 :
    Aha, I used both of these on my OP3. Do they work with all 4 cameras, including IR?
    Also, where would I get nrG XML?
    Thanks

10. aoyanb
    Froyo May 28, 2021

aoyanb , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 28, 2021 :
    Updated to this version last night. Noticed that the camera version has changed from 5.8.23 to 5.8.96.
    I took some photos before this update and compared those with this update and noticed some little improvements here and there. The details in both low light and day time is got slightly improved. It is now more detailed and sharp than my gcam in most part. The white balance consistency improved for both front and back cam. Slow shutter of front cam in low light got improved. All these are little improvements and you can only notice that by pixel pippin to images side by side before and after update.
    I did not face any issues with my 8Pro and not facing any after this update too. Have to test more with camera, battery etc and will update If I notice more improvements.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021

Seremedy, Andnthu and ayushnayyar48 like this.
  11. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 28, 2021

The IR camera ie pretty much disabled on Gcam (there is a lengthy process to get it working, but not worth it for me). All work with the remaining 3 cameras, as long as you use the snapcam version.
    You can get the nrG XML file in the OnePlus 8 series Gcam group on Telegram

PTuT likes this.
  12. Ananthu6
    Froyo May 28, 2021

Ananthu6 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 28, 2021 :
    Yeah .... atleast give us system wide black ui 🙄 or improve battery life after the last update

PTuT likes this.
  13. aoyanb
    Froyo May 28, 2021

aoyanb , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 28, 2021 :
    Do the 8.1 versions of gcam support the telephoto lense! In 7.3 versions telephoto does not works. It always do digital crop zoom from the main lense.

14. Shouvik1plus , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , May 28, 2021 :
    No improvements on *Battery drain, Heavy grains in Camera, Heating issue* . Is it okay to fool us like this ? We are one plus users not any other phone users. Plz remember this that why one plus and its users are different from other users. PLEASE HIRE THE PREVIOUS SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT TEAM , OVERCONFIDENT KILLS ALL .

tanweerezaz1991 likes this.
  15. tomerrr
    Froyo May 28, 2021

tomerrr , via OnePlus 8 , May 28, 2021 :
    it sure took awhile but at last my phone is running the latest Android security update (May 21) while it's actually still May..! at least for a couple of days 😶
    also, widevine security is still at L1

16. Shouvik1plus , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , May 28, 2021 :
    This idea of them will losse the market share mainly in India by next year . No one will buy a premium flagship device for 1 year and after that his all features will get slow down .

alessan likes this.
  17. Shouvik1plus , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , May 28, 2021 :
    Don't compare with Samsung. They are the real premium and customer driven company .

Last edited: May 28, 2021

Madutzu25 and alessan like this.
  18. sp5it
    Gingerbread May 28, 2021

sp5it , May 28, 2021 :
    I never expirienced this.
    I'll check that.
    Works here. Checked a few times yesterday and today on different AP's.
    Mike

ottafish likes this.
  19. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 28, 2021

They seem to be working fine on my 8 Pro

20. Hemuzz
    Froyo May 28, 2021

Hemuzz , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 28, 2021 :
    Call function not working on my oneplus 8 pro mobile

I request you to someone check. If i called someone from the contact list the screen is coming out of the screen and call not placing.

Anyone facing the same issue?

Regards
    Hemu.