OxygenOS 11.0.6.7 (and 11.0.6.8) for the OnePlus 8T

1. Abdul B.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Dec 29, 2020

Abdul B. , Dec 29, 2020 :
    Hey everyone,

We are starting to push the incremental rollout of a new OxygenOS update for the OnePlus 8T in IN and NA regions now, EU region will soon follow:

IN: 11.0.6.7.KB05DA
    EU: 11.0.6.8.KB05BA
    NA: 11.0.6.7.KB05AA​

Changelog
    • System
      • Optimized the experience of full-screen gestures
      • Increased fingerprint unlock success rates for faster unlock speed
      • Newly added keyboard height adjustment where you can raise or hide the bottom shortcut bar for a better input experience (Go to Settings-System-Language & input-Keyboard height adjustment)
      • Updated Android security patch to 2020.11
    • Camera
      • Optimized the image quality on nightscape
    • Gallery
      • Fixed a small probability issue that photos don't display in the Gallery
    • Network
      • Fixed the issue that the WiFi connection failed in a specific situation
      • Improved the stability of communication
    • OnePlus Store (---IN only)
      • An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
    We look forward to hearing your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/.

Do try out the new Feedback tool and if you have any questions or need help, please contact bughunters@oneplus.com. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions please refer to How to report a bug and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community app.

[​IMG]

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.

As always, this OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and we'll begin a broader rollout in a few days.

Your feedback is appreciated. We may not always be able to respond to every comment in the forums, but please be assured that we take your comments and feedback seriously. Hope you enjoy and let us know how you feel about the update in the comments below.

Never Settle.

2. AstroBee
    Froyo Dec 29, 2020

AstroBee , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 29, 2020 :
    Ah man the update ruined video playback. All offline and online videos are stuttering. Also when someone calls the ringtones are stuttering.
    The forums are flooding with the same complaints. How can we downgrade??

3. Ishan_Shelke_ , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Dec 29, 2020 :
    I Didn't Face Any Of These.

4. AlfaMicFoxtrot
    Cupcake Dec 29, 2020

AlfaMicFoxtrot , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 29, 2020 :
    Hello devs. My experience after this update is as follows:
    Videos, audio, games are all lagging. They pause abruptly for a few seconds before resuming as though nothing happened.
    SOLUTION: Disable google voice matching and record something using the in built voice recorder. do this while battery saver is off. Worked for me. everything running smoothly without battery saver being on.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020

5. Khanjan_Adhia
    Froyo Dec 29, 2020

Khanjan_Adhia , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 29, 2020 :
    *Volume button with earphones connected not working properly , keeping volume button pressed don't increase volume but have to manually increase volume pressing button again and again
    *Gestures are not working properly
    *Variable battery life
    *Bluetooth turning on randomly without asking for permission
    Why did OnePlus release Android 11 as stable software on 8T if they didn't prepare it for daily usage why?????

6. Linkin1994
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2020

Linkin1994 , Dec 29, 2020 :
    try wipe cache in recovery

I1586608725989 likes this.
  7. AstroBee
    Froyo Dec 29, 2020

8. mtbgus
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2020

mtbgus , Dec 29, 2020 :
    Ah, here we go again, why O why didn't I learn after the 3 and 5T, I had to sell my Samsung S10e and get an 8T, now the usual updates... Fix one bug, end up with two more bugs..... fix those two bugs, end up with 3 new bugs...

9. pinayak pati
    Froyo Dec 29, 2020

10. sadhanap
    Cupcake Dec 29, 2020

sadhanap , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 29, 2020 :
    Team, can you please help us with the video lagging issue as early as possible.
    EDIT - Someone in the thread suggested to take a video for 20 sec and watch it in the gallery. This worked for me. When I started recording the video it gave a pop up saying can't record the video as it is already playing in the background. Click ok. Swipe up to see the opened apps and press clear all and then start recording the video.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021

benfowler1989, eyemyt, AYC88 and 38 others like this.
  11. Abhishek@nord
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2020

Abhishek@nord , via OnePlus Nord , Dec 29, 2020 :
    Why majority of the OnePlus 8T users complaining about the Oos11?
    Are there infinite number of bugs in OnePlus 8T?
    Why are the users wanting downgrade?
    Any 8T user reading my comment, reply then because in the OnePlus Nord, people are dying for Oos11 😂,it seems they will die if they didn't get Oos11 right now.

12. Marouf11
    Froyo Dec 29, 2020

Marouf11 , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 29, 2020 :
    I face every thing this man said in his post and more when phone Ring the ring tone not work normal and in Facebook when try to make like or love face delay and the option of choose not appearing

1609248557497.jpg

13. naveen_12k
    Cupcake Dec 29, 2020

14. jyo777
    Donut Dec 29, 2020

jyo777 , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 29, 2020 :
    When I unlock my phone the lock sound doesn't come and even when I lock the phone the same thing is happening not before I got the update when I received the update and I updated it starts to work like this and even my volume buttons when I press them it takes 2 seconds to display it whats wrong so please sort this thing out

15. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Dec 29, 2020

camohan , Dec 29, 2020 :
    Hi there, thread merged. Please search before creating a new thread.

hlfbloodprince and Starcommander like this.
  16. Marouf11
    Froyo Dec 29, 2020

Marouf11 , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 29, 2020 :
    Man after last update phone lag with every thing it's like samsung A11 or worse 😭😭

17. Khanjan_Adhia
    Froyo Dec 29, 2020

Khanjan_Adhia , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 29, 2020 :
    You're lucky not to have Android 11 on Nord series

18. jyo777
    Donut Dec 29, 2020

19. Abhishek@nord
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2020

Abhishek@nord , via OnePlus Nord , Dec 29, 2020 :
    Can I call this situation "Irony" because you guys are complaining about Oos11 and the people having Oos 10 are going nuts on not having Oos11???

dmateo1, drl431, kashff and 4 others like this.
  20. Vinay_Vish007
    Froyo Dec 29, 2020

shubham123098 and Tirathfaldu98 like this.