OxygenOS 11.0.6.7 (and 11.0.6.8) for the OnePlus 8T

1. G_Rohit_Sarna
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2021

G_Rohit_Sarna , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 2, 2021 :
    With every passing day it feels oneplus is on a long break like they haven't updated anything so far.

2. GraveDigger176
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2021

GraveDigger176 , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 2, 2021 :
    Yes I did it when I go back from custom rom to oos or a ota is not that good and the previous version runs better, the tool works like a charm 👍🏿👍🏿 no problems with it

pandian3339 likes this.
  3. ArielLM , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Jan 2, 2021 :
    Yes. Is really a great phone. Is just that the update has messed up a few things.

4. Attaackk
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2021

5. rajanroh
    Donut Jan 2, 2021

rajanroh , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 2, 2021 :
    SOLUTION: Disable google voice matching and record something using the in built voice recorder. do this while battery saver is off. Worked for me. everything running smoothly without battery saver being on. This worked like a charm..

hengtzh likes this.
  6. srini0301
    Jelly Bean Jan 2, 2021

srini0301 , Jan 2, 2021 :
    So you are expecting sorry from oxygen os operations team for messing up with the update and not responding to any one officially . Yeah that sounded very rude to me as well @Abdul B. community is not happy with the update , show them the solution with the hotfix .

7. doooshty
    Donut Jan 2, 2021

doooshty , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 2, 2021 :
    I don't even need an immediate fix. I'm just asking for communication. Acknowledge the problem

Satyakesiraj likes this.
  8. srini0301
    Jelly Bean Jan 2, 2021

It's high time @Abdul B. @David Y. @Gary C. respond to community about the recent update . 8T users are struggling and waiting for hotfix .

burnout123 likes this.
  9. _BlackPanther_
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2021

_BlackPanther_ , Jan 2, 2021 :
    No one gives a damn , keep waiting.

Use the alternate solution to remove the lag.

10. srini0301
    Jelly Bean Jan 2, 2021

Then you giving a damn 🤔 you keep on waiting good luck
    ☮️

11. martis595
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2021

Nikhil_Bhilai likes this.

12. Abhishek@nord
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2021

Abhishek@nord , via OnePlus Nord , Jan 2, 2021 :
    Hey, we are coming to the party💥😂😂. The Open Beta Build is starting next week. My question to you is Are you happy now???

13. bpaterson
    Eclair Jan 2, 2021

bpaterson , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 2, 2021 :
    At least that is open beta. You only have yourself to blame. This was closed beta vetted for public use. They should all be relegated to work on the weather app for six months since they can't do any harm working on that. Maybe the camera app, they can't make it worse right?

14. rkumruj
    Donut Jan 2, 2021

rkumruj , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 2, 2021 :
    I updated to the latest software via ota which is oxygenOS 11.0.6.7 on my 8t. After that I'm facing multiple problem's that are hampering my user experience. I'll point the bugs in numerical order below.

1. Google Assistant is broken after the update. Okay google service no longer works.
    2. Charging speed has dropped drastically, and also getting very poor battery backup.
    3. UI lags here and there.
    4. The device is overheating.
    5. Audio on wired earphone or speaker is stopping by itself for 1sec and starts again.
    6. Chat bubbles aren't working.
    7. Still no support for 90fps gaming.

MarkP12 and stackbase like this.
  15. Abhishek@nord
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2021

Yeah I also don't understand that how they claim it a STABLE build. Ofcourse, nothing is 💯% perfect, there might be a few minor bugs but if the users are facing major/critical bugs, then it's not a stable build but rather a Closed Beta or Open Beta. I hope Nord doesn't recieve this "special" type of stable build 😂😂...

hengtzh likes this.
  16. S1603207012181
    Eclair Jan 2, 2021

S1603207012181 , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 2, 2021 :
    Abhishek, be ready for the experience of turning your working phone into a dumb one no jokes I am serious - , each update on the 8t after 3.4 has been worse than the previous one and we are not talking abut 1 but 3 updates one after another in a month.

hengtzh likes this.
  17. lolomv26
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2021

lolomv26 , Jan 2, 2021 :
    I have a problem, I can't switch from Global to EU .. installs updates and stays at 93%, I restarted my phone when I want to install now it's still 0% ..

18. Abhishek@nord
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2021

I am not gonna update to Open Beta Build of Oos11 right now ( Since after updating to Beta Build, going back to a stable build will cause complete data loss). The MP(official) update will be rolled out somewhere around February or March. The thread will be created by @Abdul B. for Oos11 for the Nord. I will go and check the comments for few days and then if I feel everything is just fine (Nothing is 💯% perfect), I will update my Nord and if something is going wrong, I will wait for sometime before quickly updating.
    You received Oos11 out of the box. You didn't knew about the bugs but I received a stable Oos10 out of the box and I have seen the bugs in Oos11 so I will be a little cautious 😉....