OxygenOS 11.0.7.1 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Cervantes
    Moderator Moderator May 12, 2022

Cervantes , May 12, 2022 :
    Hello
    Please, Use the search engine before opening a new thread: Search

Check and use the latest update thread for questions and comments, read the first post

* this is the last update

Read the forum rules: Rules
    Thread merged

Best regards, Cervantes, Forum Moderator

K+ONE likes this.
  2. Srujansai
    Cupcake May 12, 2022

3. Artemus
    Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Moderator May 12, 2022

Artemus , May 12, 2022 :
    You're on a build with broken OTA system. Download an app called Oxygen Updater from the Play Store and download/install the latest version.

Srujansai and glacialinferno like this.
  4. RockstaR252
    Cupcake May 12, 2022

5. Srujansai
    Cupcake May 12, 2022

6. jsk595
    Cupcake May 12, 2022

7. AhmedOman
    Eclair May 12, 2022

glacialinferno likes this.
  8. Artemus
    Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Moderator May 12, 2022

Artemus , May 12, 2022 :
    Because it's still in closed beta testing. Once it's ready for open beta, you will be able to opt into it at your own leisure.

9. AliRao6
    Eclair May 13, 2022

10. x_jayreghe_x
    Honeycomb May 13, 2022

Nazmul_xodiac and T1570024183543 like this.
  11. Abdulkadir3
    Eclair May 13, 2022

Abdulkadir3 , via OnePlus 7 , May 13, 2022 :
    Facing WiFi issues after this update..not connecting to WiFi.. getting disconnected automatically.. showing no internet on wifi connection anyone faceing the same issue..?also plz provide some solution..

12. Nazmul_xodiac
    Eclair May 13, 2022

Nazmul_xodiac , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 13, 2022 :
    Close beta 2 has already published.. Open beta is on the way after a few days

13. x_jayreghe_x
    Honeycomb May 13, 2022

glacialinferno and Nazmul_xodiac like this.
  14. Blckstrxx
    Froyo May 13, 2022

shashankmishraa likes this.
  15. yoallen78
    Gingerbread May 13, 2022

yoallen78 , May 13, 2022 :
    Is there anyone else facing battery drain issues (someone created a post expressing that they were - but it hasn't gained much traction)?

I have not yet done a factory reset (I have never done one in the past for a security patch) - but I am not sure if doing one will resolve the issue. If there are any tips that can be shared (that does not include doing a factory reset or wiping the data from the factory recovery) - that would be great!

Hopefully OnePlus can issue a patch to address this issue if enough of us sound the alarm!

core25 and glacialinferno like this.
  16. yoallen78
    Gingerbread May 13, 2022

No Wi-Fi issues, but I am having battery drain issues like no other!

17. Artemus
    Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Moderator May 13, 2022

Artemus , May 13, 2022 :
    Without proper details or screenshots to back up your claim(s) it's pretty difficult to help you diagnose the problem. Could you tell us what apps you use on a daily basis, how often you use those apps, and maybe a screenshot or two?

18. yoallen78
    Gingerbread May 13, 2022

There are not many details to provide nor screenshots as it would require for me to record my screen to show how "fast" it's draining 😬. It's not related to a specific app (as the apps installed have not changed since installing the update) - so there's no need for me to detail the apps that I use on a daily basis (and the usage thereof). Not to mention that if I have a problem with an app - I am either going to clear the app's cache, the data, or just uninstall - reboot - and then reinstall the app.

Users know their phone and they know when something is not right (i.e. me asking about battery drain or @Abdulkadir3 stating that he's having Wi-Fi issues since installing the update. We asked a simple question based on our observations of our phone's performance post installing this update (to gauge if anyone else is having the same issue).

The closest example that I can give is that prior to the update - the battery would drain by about 3% overnight - and how that has increased upwards of 10%. OnePlus is more than welcome to do a remote session and capture any logs they need to assess the phone's performance.

core25 and glacialinferno like this.
  19. Artemus
    Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Moderator May 13, 2022

Artemus , May 13, 2022 :
    Yeah, they're most definitely not going to do that. Anecdotal evidence doesn't go very far, sadly.

20. yoallen78
    Gingerbread May 13, 2022

You will have to install Oxygen OS Updater to receive the Global download to install it via a Local Storage Upgrade