Cupcake Jul 4, 2021

Panttera , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 4, 2021 :
    The update was done correctly it just would load android

2. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Jelly Bean Jul 4, 2021

3. Panttera
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2021

Panttera , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 4, 2021 :
    Right, what i was saying is that this is some incredible hoops i need to go through for a brand new phone that should NEVER need any sort of that kind of maintenance from me. It should work without all these problems. Shouldn't it?

4. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Jelly Bean Jul 5, 2021

Tee_Eee_Bee , Jul 5, 2021 :
    I agree, there should be no need for you to go through this solution.

But at least this should restore you to a working device.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021

MENINBLK likes this.
  5. MENINBLK
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2021

MENINBLK , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Jul 5, 2021 :
    In a perfect world, you are right, and this conversation would not exist.
    Sh*t happens...
    No one knows why your phone corrupted the update process and borked your install.
    There are ways to correct it,
    or send it back to Oneplus.

GaryWall likes this.
  6. Frostywuff
    Honeycomb Jul 6, 2021

DPL900, KloNoS, Peterxxx and 2 others like this.
  7. MENINBLK
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2021

MENINBLK , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Jul 6, 2021 :
    Have you tried using Nova Launcher ?
    Lots of users say it increased their battery performance!!

8. Mrjuniornair
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2021

9. Panda_Learns
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2021

Panda_Learns , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 6, 2021 :
    It works. I am on Nova Prime and it has helped alot.

Mephisto02 and MENINBLK like this.
  10. Loutci
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2021

Loutci , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 6, 2021 :
    1625552403371.jpg
    I have updated to 11.0.7.7 even though I read so many negative comments ,my device is fine without any issues I can even say that battery is also better,I haven't wiped cache or anything and the only time that I notice heat warnings or issues are when I open gps-bluetooth- mobile data,which I have the issue from the beginning and it is what it is, overall my whole experience with OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green is pretty awesome having it 4 months now.

KloNoS and Peterxxx like this.
  11. LeslieCHUA
    Eclair Jul 6, 2021

LeslieCHUA , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 6, 2021 :
    This is quite incredible & unbelievable!
    I cld not take OOS11 anymore (since the 11 upgrade) & downgraded my OP8Pro to OOS10 & realised what we are all missing in 11 & of course, many features are also missing in 10 too but at least it is now quicker, battery lasts much much longer, no more heating while charging or screen on time.

In OS10, VoLTE is missing, 5G missing, certain small irritations are there (hide keyboard arrow useless bottom bar) but the rest are still good & the phone is juz more responsive.

In OS11, VoLTE is there, 5G is neither here nor there, but everything else is screwed, BIG TIME! BT don't work well, WiFi does not work in many incidences (resort to data), etc, etc, etc. The list juz goes on & on...

OP team shd juz bring out the OS10, polish up the missing & make it the OOS11 which I am sure many OP fans here will be very happy.

I looked through the OP8Pro online product listing & specs, OP only get the specs correct but the features listed in the product page are all absolute RUBBISH!

I juz took out my 3yrs old Huawei Mate 20 Pro (6gb Ram) to play with it & found it to be more responsive than the OP8Pro. What a shame on OP team!

Looking forward to switching back to Huawei & to kiss OP goodbye forever!

Adeus.

szejker95 likes this.
  12. szejker95
    Froyo Jul 6, 2021

szejker95 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 6, 2021 :
    I feel you mate. I'm already on the way to sell this shitphone OP 8 Pro.

It impossible to using it daily. Battery not even 4h, heating as radiator, buggy software, freezing. This is not what people were saying about OP.

13. MENINBLK
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2021

MENINBLK , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Jul 7, 2021 :
    5G cellular requires :
    5G cellular device
    5G cellular plan
    5G cellular SIM
    5G device has to match 5G frequencies used by your cellular carrier.
    Get all of this, and you get 5G cellular.

Oh, wipe your cache !!!!

Peterxxx likes this.
  14. MENINBLK
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2021

15. Chrisjordan
    Donut Jul 7, 2021

Chrisjordan , Jul 7, 2021 :
    OnePlus deserves credit for releasing an upgrade so fast after 11.0.6.6. 'Optimized Mobile Phone Performance,' it says. I'll be overjoyed if this means resolving the issue of an app launching slowly when you click on a new notification.

16. Peterxxx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 7, 2021

Peterxxx , Jul 7, 2021 :
    It's like you have a complete other phone than the one that I have. Have you ever trying a fresh install?

17. szejker95
    Froyo Jul 7, 2021

szejker95 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 7, 2021 :
    Mate, I'm not noob. i tried all possible way. Even fresh install is not helping. Maybe just my model has manufacture issues.

18. G1623077792831
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2021

G1623077792831 , Jul 7, 2021 :
    The phone heats up to 55 C (sometimes 60 C) when i use it for 5-10 min on web browser, social media etc. Impossible to hold on the phone when it is overheated. The wipe cache doesn't benefit. I have the latest OS version and Oneplus MUST solve the heating issue immediately !!!!!!!!!!!!

19. GaryWall
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2021

GaryWall , Jul 7, 2021 :
    Yes that is likely the case! Contact the seller and send the phone back. There will always be a small number of faulty units as a manufacturer sends out many thousends. I have had to return both Samsungs and other units since i got my first mobile phone in the 1990s. This is no drama, just do it!