3. Sanil_Mehra
    Honeycomb May 23, 2021

Sanil_Mehra , via OnePlus 8T , May 23, 2021 :
    It might b come next week... As per trend

G_Tasin_Leon_hmxu likes this.
  4. Blu_Spark
    Eclair May 23, 2021

Blu_Spark , via OnePlus 8T , May 23, 2021 :
    Hi guys. I want to make a post on the merits of a perspective that I hope anyone can use or pick apart to help them on their way with life. And the use of a smartphone that has in the past 12 years have been a vital aspect of our way of lives. As smartphones get more powerful they also become more expensive. This is where expectations have been driven so high to the point of our own ideals of what perfection is. When we plan to spend what is now the norm of about 900 to 1000 dollars on a smartphone we want everything to be perfect. The kind of features we want. The hardware specs. The frequency of software updates. I truly see that the entire world, companies and consumers are locked into a struggle. A battle. Never satisfied with their lots. Companies want to make more money off of us and we need to be convinced that spending a 1000 dollars on a smartphone is justified.
    Nothing lasts forever and nothing is perfect. We only have to look back and see every major tech company has dropped the ball somewhere down the line. Remember when the note 7 used to catch fire because of faulty battery tech? Or the bendgate of the iPhone 6 when they would literally bend in half in tight jeans. Who wears those anyways. Like chocking to death lol. Gosh remember TouchWiz? Or Google's less than savory tech specs compared to everyone else who's hardware was better? Oneplus is no exception. They are not perfect. They have recently in the last couple years screwed up big time with software updates and support. As a oneplus device ages. Updates come slower and slower. Companies like Apple and google can get away with pushing incremental hardware updates because they know that you will buy their devices because of loyalty and or familiarity. They can regurgitate the same display specs, ram specs and battery specs and still charge you 1000 dollars because they know you will buy it. Do you see where I am getting at? We are getting caught up in having the latest and greatest and we believe having these things gives us some kind of identity. The value we place on ourselves is becoming how big our wallets are and what we have. We forgot about the experience. We forgot that android is a diverse ecosystem of experiences and we have the ability to choose what we want to experience. All it takes is a little soul searching and sticking with what we value the most. We need to balance that out. So we can stop tearing our hair out in anger when Oneplus takes a long time pushing a stable update or complaining that this will be our last oneplus device. Everyone has a right to decide what they want to experience. Your experience is valid. Life is an experience full of lessons and we can choose to get pissy and stay angry and put ourselves through hell over atoms and particles assembled to take advantage of a state of mind that we have been Brainwashed into believing is real. Rant over. I don't care to argue with anyone. Take this and use it or leave it alone. Everyone have a nice day.

Last edited: May 23, 2021

5. MilonKabir
    Cupcake May 24, 2021

6. smallsmx3@gmail.
    Gingerbread May 24, 2021

smallsmx3@gmail. , via OnePlus 8T , May 24, 2021 :
    Flashed my first custom ROM since my Nexus 6p days. While 1 or two things don't work quite as well as oxygen os and the allert slider is still broken, the overall experience is much better. Not sure if this is my last one plus device. The hardware is still top notch. At least we still have options....

fadhlirez and PrashantKarma like this.
  7. makkhan110
    Gingerbread May 25, 2021

8. Y1615467437857 , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , May 25, 2021 :
    Where is the may security patch for oneplus 8t also where is the camera improvements with your incremental rollouts. Your updates are very slow I am starting to believe that maybe by decision to purchase oneplus 8t has been in limbo

9. smallsmx3@gmail.
    Gingerbread May 25, 2021

10. smallsmx3@gmail.
    Gingerbread May 25, 2021

11. peaky blinders , via OnePlus Community App , May 25, 2021 :
    If you want lots of updates your best going with Pixel or Nokia

Loki10 likes this.

12. Igor W
    Cupcake May 25, 2021

Igor W , via OnePlus 8T , May 25, 2021 :
    My 8T is my first and my last One Plus because of the update strategy. I come from a Google Pixel and my next phone will be a pixel or a Samsung. They know what an update strategy is.

Kostas14 and Arun_R like this.
  13. nolem
    Eclair May 25, 2021

nolem , via OnePlus 8T , May 25, 2021 :
    Hi I am looking for the shelf card tool. Anyone know where it went? Previously using 7t pro open beta still there first time to switch to 8t and I can't find it anymore. Thanks in advance guys.

14. Arun_R
    Gingerbread May 25, 2021

Arun_R , via OnePlus 8T , May 25, 2021 :
    Long press home screen(Launcher settings)> Home Settings> Swipe down to access> you can choose between shelf or Notification & quick settings

15. smallsmx3@gmail.
    Gingerbread May 25, 2021

smallsmx3@gmail. , via OnePlus 8T , May 25, 2021 :
    Because for some reason every month is the best? What is one plus adopted every other week? Would that be your new best strategy?

Yashdolas likes this.
  16. Nix_Esteves
    Froyo May 25, 2021

Nix_Esteves , via OnePlus 8T , May 25, 2021 :
    C'mon dude just accept that the new OxygenOS Team after Carl left is lame af. Imagine 2 months delay.

Xiaomi every month or 1 and half
    Pixel every month
    Samsung every month

Imagine the timeline? I have old oneplus 3 that era is different, different team, different strategy.

burnout123 likes this.