OxygenOS 11.0.8.8 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Shadow120503
    Donut Aug 20, 2021

Shadow120503 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 20, 2021 :
    They will completely reinstall the os on the device. It will delete all the data hence back up the data before you send it to the service center.

2. C1601950868367
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2021

otto2 likes this.
  3. F123456789
    Froyo Aug 20, 2021

4. I1625983954888
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2021

5. Ronak_Jhatakia
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2021

6. Namy12 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Aug 20, 2021 :
    Effects like adding some background sounds in slow motion video after recording, If possible reduce flickering and adjust brightness and contrast for video captured in low light / wrong artificial lights.
    I am currently using 4.0.180 of gallery. Trim is the only option I can see during slow motion video editing.

7. Parthkansara
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2021

Parthkansara , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 20, 2021 :
    Same issue with me...

8. razorrahul1 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 20, 2021 :
    There is one way you can fix widevine issue which worked for me. Uninstall all the play store and google services data force stop it. Then start and try again. It should work then

9. Dimi Dimitrov
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2021

Dimi Dimitrov , Aug 20, 2021 :
    Last year when I bought
    8pro,in my area was not have 5G yet.
    Now 5G is here.
    Because I was on open beta and when finish,I must go to stable.
    But link was wrong and flashed global version instead EU.
    So I return to Android 10,funny thing it was on oxygen 10 I have 5G.
    When update to 11.0.8.8 5G disappeared like on every Oxygen 11 update.
    Lol.
    About VoWiFi and VoLTE,with logkit 1.0.1 just check VoWiFi and VoLTE square, restart and worked for me.
    For Hi Google,in Google app have two options Google must be default application.
    And must be checked both.
    I have this issue,now work fine.
    But yes,5G is pain in ***.

German1982 and AndyRM like this.
  10. AndyRM
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2021

AndyRM , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Aug 20, 2021 :
    I did part same. Let loaded 11 beta then wiped phone to go to stable version. Then No VoWiFi and VoLTE and with the os11 version no switches to activate. Eventually found a non OnePlus link that allowed me to download an old log kit and then was able to get volte and VoWiFi . Point being this was no thanks to OnePlus. The link I followed could have been full of malware for all I knew. All because OnePlus chose not to support a phone that at that time was only six months old.

I think my 8 pro hardware really good and been problem free . Problem is total lack of support.

Contacted oneplus multiple times. All they do is ask for log files then you never hear from them again. If you try and follow up for an update on your enquiry all they do is ask for more log files. I think it must be on auto reply for everyone asking for support and no one Manning support.

If you buy cheepo phone you don't expect support but when you pay for what is supposed to be a flagship phone you expect a response.

German1982 and Dimi Dimitrov like this.
  11. Beeri
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2021

12. lkysmruti
    Eclair Aug 20, 2021

lkysmruti , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 20, 2021 :
    Update manually using Oxygen Updater app from Google Play store

Beeri likes this.
  13. Dimi Dimitrov
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2021

Dimi Dimitrov , Aug 20, 2021 :
    Or if not have nearly service center,they suggest fix through remote control.

14. Beeri
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2021

Beeri , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 20, 2021 :
    I'll wait another day or two. If it doesn't appear then I'll update via the app.

15. lkysmruti
    Eclair Aug 20, 2021

lkysmruti , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 20, 2021 :
    Its the same way brother, whether you do from the app or wait for the official OTA update.

Its upto you. ✌️

Beeri likes this.
  16. otto2
    Photography Expert Aug 20, 2021

otto2 , Aug 20, 2021 :
    You can't beat physics. Use a proper light,if you want shoot slow mo videos. in dark situations. That s it. And for effects: avidemux and audacity are you tools: free of charge and open source. (There may be other tools available, I just pointed the ones prefer.)

17. Namy12 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Aug 20, 2021 :
    Well I don't want to beat physics, Its just like another brand already provides an in-built option to reduce or remove flickering and no normal person who is not a professional pre plans with lights to use camera features like hyperlapse and slow motions videos. Sometimes some moments looks nice indoors like my dog is jumping out of my bed to catch a ball and my grandmom cake cutting ceremony which I captured in normal room light at that point of time.

I am completely satisfied with outdoor shooting of slow motion videos during day light. It was just a suggestion to provide an option to edit and adjust those to improve video quality.

Thanks a lot to suggest video editing app, Its just like feel more safe and secure with in-built apps and options rather using 3rd party app from Play Store. I wil still try one of the app you suggested.

@PriyanshuSaxena likes this.
  18. BetoCarvalho
    Donut Aug 20, 2021

dsproul likes this.
  19. otto2
    Photography Expert Aug 20, 2021

otto2 , Aug 20, 2021 :
    The tools i mentioned are PC programs,not Apps. When I want a good video I edit it on my Linux PC and check them on several different screens.

Aaron2017 and Namy12 like this.
  20. anmol.butta
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2021