OxygenOS 11.0.8.8 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. alessan
    Honeycomb Sep 4, 2021

alessan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 4, 2021 :
    With this update battery life became even worse.. waiting dor Pixel 6 Pro, this will be the way to go. Clean OS, fast Updates, nice cam, and good battery!
    Oneplus lost it with Android 11

2. _Naresh.p_
    Donut Sep 4, 2021

KloNoS likes this.
  3. SafeerNadeem
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2021

SafeerNadeem , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 5, 2021 :
    Why you guys are always crying
    There are thousands of other people living happily with their devices and yet everyone here bashing 1+ when you dont even know how to handle the device.

4. speedlever
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2021

speedlever , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 5, 2021 :
    I learned a new trick yesterday even though I've had a OnePlus phone for the last 5 years. I've always used the wipe system cache from recovery as a general fix-all and also after every OTA upgrade to keep things running smoothly. And very successfully so far.
    But for a while now I've had more battery drain overnight than I was happy with and just assumed it was a consequence of having 200+ installed apps and 15 widgets running all the time. My battery usage graph showed continual drain overnight whereas it used to flatline. Again, I just assumed it was something in the mix of my apps\widgets causing the drain.
    Yesterday, I booted into safe mode, then booted right back into my normal mode and last night got back my flatline battery usage overnight. (I never charge overnight. Not needed with warp charge.)
    I am on 11.0.8.8 IN11AA on an in2025 phone.
    I didn't initially notice that when I booted back into normal mode my phone was left in airplane mode and I had to recreate all my widgets. Not sure if there's a connection there or not. But even so, it was worth it to get my overnight flatline battery usage back! said:

1630843100783.jpg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021

Mephisto02, SafeerNadeem and aoyanb like this.
  5. Darshitpatel74
    Froyo Sep 5, 2021

6. geoxar
    Honeycomb Sep 6, 2021

geoxar , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 6, 2021 :
    Pixels cost a fortune to get a plastic body... No way to get a pixel instead of OnePlus.
    I think it is too generic to simply say that it doesn't work. Does it mean you cannot lock satellites at all, both indoors and outdoors? Please be more specific.

7. Peterxxx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 6, 2021

Peterxxx , Sep 6, 2021 :
    How do you set up your display? 120hz or 60hz and qwhd or fhd.
    thank you in advance

8. Darshitpatel74
    Froyo Sep 7, 2021

Darshitpatel74 , via OnePlus 8 , Sep 7, 2021 :
    As you have said, I would say that a GPS/Location doesn't work during driving. If i am moving somewhere else and from my starting point to the destination, My position doesn't move and stays at the starting position where else i already move from that place.

geoxar likes this.
  9. Darshitpatel74
    Froyo Sep 7, 2021

Darshitpatel74 , via OnePlus 8 , Sep 7, 2021 :
    Hello, This is Darshit here. I need your help and would like to share something about what is happening in my OnePlus 8.

A few days ago, I have upgraded my OS in OnePlus 8/12-256, with a Recent Stable Version but after a couple of days i have started facing GPS/Location Problem. ( In case if you want to move somewhere and using Google map or Any other third party map at that time my real position doesn't move in the map but it stayed at the same place and I get confused what to do or not.

I have full reset my phone 2 times but still i am facing a same problem.

Need a beat suggestion

10. Alk3n3
    Donut Sep 7, 2021

Alk3n3 , Sep 7, 2021 :
    Quick question:
    The device came out of the box with OxygenOS 10.5.9 IN11BA. Can I locally update directly to 10.5.14 IN11BA or do I need to update one by one until reach 10.5.14 version?
    Cheers.

11. geoxar
    Honeycomb Sep 7, 2021

geoxar , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 7, 2021 :
    said:
    I see, thanks for the detailed answer mate! I faced a similar issue with the latest OxygenOS11.0.8.8 when going out of the aircraft few days ago. The GPS was displaying our location perfectly during the flight (although I had the device in flight mode). I have disabled the flight mode after we have landed and then GPS was keep telling me I was in the airport although we were miles away to the city centre. A restart fixed the issue for me 😉

12. Imsensation
    Eclair Sep 7, 2021

13. Dimi Dimitrov
    Honeycomb Sep 7, 2021

Dimi Dimitrov , Sep 7, 2021 :
    Update from Oxygen Updater.

14. Athul_George
    Eclair Sep 7, 2021

Athul_George , via OnePlus 8 , Sep 7, 2021 :
    After the latest update, sometimes after getting a call my device gets hanged for sometime. And also sometimes Google assistant will be activated automatically

15. Shskib
    Cupcake Sep 7, 2021

16. tsumeone
    Froyo Sep 7, 2021

tsumeone , Sep 7, 2021 :
    Another week (so 21 days now), still nothing for IN21AA. Not even in Oxygen Updater

17. DevourerOS
    Eclair Sep 7, 2021

DevourerOS , Sep 7, 2021 :
    Fixed nothing, made everything worse. Added garbage, and focused on useless features. Other than 16 year old thots, who uses a front facing camera? Who uses slow and useless gestures? Fix the OS and allow us to use our cameras, and uninstall stupid apps that we don't need or want, like the Buds app the gaming app, ECT... The OP Buds are horrible if you turn your head they cut out, and there is no support!

18. SmrutiranjanDash , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 8, 2021 :
    Dude according to my source inside oneplus, the camera tuning for oneplus 8 pro is done in between the pandemic. Thats why we dont get the results correct. And to make the front camera hole small. The aperture oneplus went for was f2.4. which is very small.

Because of bad software tuning and bad hardware the camera is very bad in front in Oneplus 8 Pro.

And now they are focusing on next flagships like Oneplus 9 series and 10 series. So forget about major changes in cameras 😅.

19. Rehbar Azam
    Donut Sep 8, 2021

_Naresh.p_ likes this.
  20. Zubair.k
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2021

_Naresh.p_ likes this.