OxygenOS 11.1.1.1 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T

1. rhyd1am
    KitKat Community Expert Nov 28, 2021

rhyd1am , Nov 28, 2021 :
    If you think it's intentional by OnePlus, then perhaps you could explain why the exact same issue with Gmail notifications was present on my Pixel 3XL and my Pixel 5 before I put them both on Android 12.

The issue is also present on my Find X2 Pro on Android 11 (I'm willing to bet it disappears on Android 12), but is not present on any device in my household running Android 10 🤷🏼‍♂️

The issue has very little IMO (based on my experience with the devices I have) to do with OP 🙂

Caomhin, ironass and Auristic like this.
  2. A1594910915738
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2021

A1594910915738 , Nov 28, 2021 :
    It's not only the Gmail issue that was intented, OnePlus was aware of the issues in beta... But it's not only the Gmail, it's also the battery drain, the caller id lag, the buggy camera app .. OnePlus was aware, they also confirmed in PM those bugs, bit still they released and still force users to update to this buggy software... They should have stopped the OTA or they should never update to 11 in first place...
    Most users are unaware and really think the phone has issues, so they buy a new phone... But actually the cause is by OnePlus... Tactical commercial move for the 80/20 rule.. 80% will buy a new OnePlus, because they enjoyed the 6 series last 3 years

3. rhyd1am
    KitKat Community Expert Nov 28, 2021

rhyd1am , Nov 28, 2021 :
    Of course you can back up your unsubstantiated claims with hard evidence that any bugs were intentional?

Just for reference, my 6T is running fine, the only issue I have with it is the Gmail notifications, which I've already started is not down to Oneplus. I'm not claiming for one second that nobody is having any issues with the update, but you cannot make claims like the ones you have been making each and every day, without hard evidence 🙂

Caomhin and Auristic like this.
  4. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Nov 28, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Nov 28, 2021 :
    My old 6T experiences none of these issues, again maybe some here and there may have issues but everyone has different setups, apps installed etc.

And don't forget the batteries are now over 3 years old so, again depending on the user, battery health on each device will be better or worse dependent on use over that time.

In fact the issues seen here in many cases have been alleviated by, backing up data and doing a full Erase All Data factory reset to refresh your current installation of OOS 11.1.1.1 on the phone.

This has not fixed some users, but it has fixed many user issue.

What we see here as well is a small few users of the overall 6 series phones sold in the last 3+ years. Some will have upgraded to other phones in that time. But after being on this 6 series forum for the last 3 years. The current amount of users having issues is miniscule compared to previous versions in that time.

You only see a small minority of 6 series phone users on here with issues, most of which are fixable. Leaving an even smaller user base with issues overall.

Your conspiracies theories just don't hold any water, seeing as I and many others don't have the issues you mention. And particularly as you can't back them up with actual evidence of any kind. 🤷🏻‍♂️

5. surendra91
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2021

6. P1578740956095
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2021

7. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 29, 2021

Tee_Eee_Bee , Nov 29, 2021 :
    This might help with Whatsapp issues:

Thanks @@Caomhin

Auristic, Caomhin and ironass like this.
  8. A1594910915738
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2021

A1594910915738 , Nov 29, 2021 :
    I don't need to evidence, they confirmed the bugs in PM, i sended logs on the first 11.0 release...
    We compared logs and issues against a clean wiped 10.x and a 11.x release, and the bugs were only there on 11.x...

And indeed some users don't notice the bugs maybe, but then they use the phone differently...
    Like users saying, Gmail works fine ... And after investigation, they don't use the Gmail client for checking mails, or push was not enabled...

So , yes, OnePlus was aware of the issues , and they are still forcing the OTA to people, they should have stopped it after the beta, or never release a 11 at all

9. AmalDurrani
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2021

AmalDurrani , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 29, 2021 :
    Hi. After the recent update my phone has become slow. The camera crashes and the images gallery won't load (it's just a black screen when I open both). Another odd and annoying thing right after the update is that my gallery keeps replicating itself so I have two of each image and it is a very tiresome process to delete this. Is a new update expected and will these issues be resolved? Anyone else experiencing the same?

Thanking you in advance from your time and facilitation.

K1577555224305 likes this.
  10. E1637554939460
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2021

11. Abhishek.001
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2021

12. Royal_RJ

Royal_RJ , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 29, 2021 :
    You guy's didn't get any issues that's good for you but here most of guy's are always talking on the same issue and one more thing after hard rest these issues are stop for some time after that this is happening again.
    You are doing nothing in your phone which is accepted by you but many of us are doing multiple things and we really need a good software support for us.

13. Royal_RJ

Royal_RJ , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 29, 2021 :
    If OnePlus is not able to clear the bug's and all in their devices then why they rollout A11 for us and here we are not alone. Every device's of OnePlus which are getting A11 they all are facing same issue but everyone are clam because they get software support for their devices and they think in next update everything is going fine but here this is not same no one know which is our last update and yet bug's are not fix.most of people's are getting same issues in there device's. It means this is happening after update.

14. A1594910915738
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2021

Indeed , they should have stopped with the 10 series for our 6 series devices
    i dont understand they still released it, while they were aware of all issues/bugs from beta
    and the worst thing is, they are forcing it, i rolled back to 10 , but every few days i get the 11 ota update notification... cant dismiss / disable it

15. meiras
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2021

meiras , Nov 29, 2021 :
    It works perfectly, the phone's performance has improved compared to Android 10, the battery consumption has decreased.
    There is no problem with the applications.
    Install it without clearing cache,

Thanks for this update to the OnePlus team

Caomhin likes this.
  16. Tom886
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2021

Tom886 , Nov 29, 2021 :
    If this is intended, then why I don't have it. No slow down, fast as always. Sounds to me users installed crap or have adware running. Another no-evidence-claim, I doubt OP confirmed that.

Auristic and Caomhin like this.
  17. Tom886
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2021

Tom886 , Nov 29, 2021 :
    So you are "claiming" that OnePlus confirmed that the Gmail issue was on purpose (intended). Battery Drain, well awkward, it normalized for me (took longer than expected, but I also made a dirty upgrade), Camera Issues, none here and caller ID lag was never for me. I think they confirmed that ur mobile has a bug.
    And as about 80/20 claim. Users decide by feature/value and not because it's OnePlus. Because OnePlus is now more expensive than Pixel 6 series.

Auristic and Caomhin like this.
  18. A1594910915738
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2021

Well, they confirmed me the bugs present in the 11 update, and not on my phone, but in general... they were aware of the issues before, and still they update/force users to update from 10 to 11 ...
    in my eyes, thats intended!!
    They also said, the developer team is aware and working on a fix, but that was like 3 months ago ... still no fix today, thats just too long.. they never should have started the OTA

19. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Nov 29, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Nov 29, 2021 :
    So they admitted a Bug for Gmail, please do submit a screenshot of the info given. Would be useful to see what they confirmed exactly 👍

ItsRavi25 and Auristic like this.
  20. janakrule
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2021

janakrule , Nov 29, 2021 :
    @drmartin Hello, I would like to how can I rollback the last version, As my Whatsapp stopped working after the installation of 11.1.1.1 update on Oneplus 6t.