OxygenOS 11.1.1.1 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T

1. lucye
    Froyo Nov 29, 2021

lucye , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 29, 2021 :
    Chrome get stuck when i want to visit worldmeter website to see covid 19 situation...guys please release an stable oos11 update 😭

2. DaOldMan
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2021

DaOldMan , Nov 29, 2021 :
    Instead of a rollback just use search and use the very simple fix for whatsapp (which is a problem with Android 11 on ALL devices) please.

drmartin, Auristic and Caomhin like this.
  3. DaOldMan
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2021

Why do you think it's a problem with Android 11 ? It works just fine on my device .....

4. lucye
    Froyo Nov 29, 2021

No it doesn't work well on my phone.. like it never got stuck on oos 10 ..but in 11 when i try to get into that particular website chrome get stuck and feels like it got freezed ...

5. DaOldMan
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2021

They usually just reply like this to be polite and make us feel better. I have not seen them fix any of my bug report. They did grill me to send them logs and screenshots while the result is usually just nothing. But I suspect most companies are the same. I submited few obvious bugs to Google and they say it's not reproducible closing the report. My friend reproduced the bug in 2 seconds, said Google are useless. Which they all are :-( .

Auristic and Caomhin like this.
  6. DaOldMan
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2021

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling it ? Or at least wiping it's data to try and fix the problem ?

Caomhin likes this.
  7. lucye
    Froyo Nov 29, 2021

Yeah i did ..this is like my 3rd time coming back to 11 from 10..hope they fix everything with another update soon... brightness slider issues needs to get fixed.. also those annoying lags

8. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Nov 29, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Nov 29, 2021 :
    Also, post a link to the website and we can test it here too.

Here are some additional steps to try.

Clear Chrome App info Cache.

Also open Chrome, go to Settings>Site Settings>Data Stored, click on Clear Data Stored.

Also clear browsing history in Chrome Settings>Privacy>Clear Browsing Data. Select All Time for the Time Range, then Clear Data.

See if that helps.

ItsRavi25, Auristic and lucye like this.
  9. lucye
    Froyo Nov 29, 2021

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Its the link please check it ..my Device is oneplus 6 8/128

Caomhin likes this.
  10. Caomhin

Have tried on both Chrome and Edge browsers, as I scroll through the site, it does get stuck for a couple of seconds on the Graphs section in Chrome, but then allows scrolling after that on my OP 9 Pro. In Edge it it pauses for a split second and then continues.
    1638188486115.jpg
    However it did this as well, as I scroll further down in the See More Graphs section as well. Worse on Chrome, edge seems to deal with it better. It looks like 2 things, the graph data and whatever script they use to display that data.
    1638188692292.jpg
    On OP 6T it was even slower, but it did eventually scroll after about 10 seconds in Chrome, and maybe 6 or 7 seconds in Edge, so I would imagine the older processor in the 6T is taking a little longer to deal with the data and scripts it uses on the website.

ItsRavi25, Auristic and lucye like this.
  11. lucye
    Froyo Nov 29, 2021

Yeah thats what i was talking about but in oxygen os 10 there was no issues with this site on chrome...hope they fix everything

Caomhin likes this.
  12. Caomhin

Have a feeling its the way the latest version of Chrome deals with those scripts. As a test you could also try Edge, Firefox or both to see how the website displays there. Edge and Chrome use the same engine, Firefox uses a different engine. So your results may vary depending on the browser.

13. lucye
    Froyo Nov 29, 2021

I have tried on opera its the same😶

Caomhin likes this.
  14. Caomhin

ItsRavi25 and Auristic like this.
  15. B_Wrath
    Moderator Moderator Nov 29, 2021

B_Wrath , Nov 29, 2021 :
    Do you have any proof of this claim? When you say "by design", it means OnePlus had malicious intentions, which if they did, should be affecting everyone on the build and not just few.
    This is completely different from acknowledging a bug, which is what the CS rep might have done.

ItsRavi25, rhyd1am, ironass and 2 others like this.
  16. DaOldMan
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2021

I just tried Chrome. I know and use this site since Covid started. It takes time to load even on a PC. It loaded in my chrome on the 6T in about a minute and 15 seconds. It never froze, I could scroll all the time. But it took time to get all the data for the table. I think this is totaly normal.
    I hope you did a clean install of Android 11. It will take care of most of your problems.

Caomhin and lucye like this.
  17. Tom886
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2021

Tom886 , Nov 29, 2021 :
    Proof or it did not happen. Because when they confirmed a bug, then why I don't have it. Frankly, you only post conspiracy theories, but most likely you are more "technically impaired"
    They will release 1 (one) more update and this is the final one. They won't release any update "in between". The 6-series is EOL and then get a new mobile as usual.

Caomhin and Auristic like this.
  18. Matthousef1
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2021

Matthousef1 , Nov 29, 2021 :
    I am also very curious about these Bug for Gmail log emails, screenshots would be appreciated! Because for a company who shouts "Never Settle" everywhere, they should not settle with a bug that's simple, but crazy like this one.
    I see in some remarks in this topic that more Android 11 phones had this problem, it baffles me that Google would not fix that. It's the only annoying thing for me in the A11 update for the 6T, everything else works just fine for me. I know, it's a small thing, but pretty annoying.

I have now gone back again to A10, just for this one thing, it's the 3rd time I now went back. Everything works as intended on A10.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021

19. A1629873720291
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2021

20. FBCH
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2021

FBCH , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 29, 2021 :
    Since i install new update the Phone is slow to open any vedio specially the gallery i cant move any photo to new folder and then the camera sometimes not working , a lot of problem whats going on?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021