OxygenOS 11.1.2.2 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T

1. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Jelly Bean Jan 22, 2022

Tee_Eee_Bee , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 22, 2022 :
    OnePlus have already announced that the 6/6T WILL NOT be receiving an Android 12 based Oxygen OS 12 update.

If you want Android 12 on your 6T, then you will need to install a custom ROM.

Caomhin, Auristic and ironass like this.
  2. diwakar2u
    Donut Jan 22, 2022

AshishPrinz and Hellvisde like this.
  3. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Jan 22, 2022

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 22, 2022 :
    Yep the 6 series is dead, long live the 6 Series. My old 6T still has life in it yet. Will go custom in a year after I get bored with 11. 💪😎👍

Auristic likes this.
  4. A1594910915738
    Honeycomb Jan 22, 2022

A1594910915738 , Jan 22, 2022 :
    They need to release a bugfix for all known issues , we sended logs on first release of android 11 and they still didn't fix it..
    Like Gmail notifications, battery drain, camera app , calling lag ... Those need to be fixed , they were already aware since beta... It's like they don't care and force us to buy new phone

5. Hellvisde
    Donut Jan 22, 2022

Hellvisde , Jan 22, 2022 :
    This i really bad... Startet with the oneplus 3t (damged camera with no focus) and now my family is running 8t.

But i never thought that my 6t will not get any email via gmail without manuell check... (Open the programm in focus).

This sucks... !

AshishPrinz likes this.
  6. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Jan 23, 2022

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 23, 2022 :
    Personally don't see the Gmail issue. All notifications come through without issue on my old 6T. Not sure what may be causing your issues. Maybe worth considering Backing up your Data and doing a full Erase All Data factory reset to refresh your current installation of OOS on the phone.
    Other than that, support has ended.

ironass and Auristic like this.
  7. DaOldMan
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2022

DaOldMan , Jan 23, 2022 :
    Install another email app (Aqua Mail, Blue Mail) , done. Cheers mate.

8. DaOldMan
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2022

DaOldMan , Jan 23, 2022 :
    If OnePlus were playing fair they would close bug reports for 6t and release a rom fixing all possible reported issues that were reported during the service period of the device. Because otherwise why do they say it's a service period ? But, unfortunetly, they don't play fair. They got their bug reports, they got their useless logcats and they didn't do anything at all. All I can do is decide to punish this behaviour by not buying OnePlus anymore and also persuade everyone to do the same. When they fix those policies, I will more then happy to come back. I must say OnePlus 6T is a great device. If people care about polution and carbon impact there should be laws to prolong their life, instead of making us toss them away to get a supported device.
    Fortunetly there are custom roms :).

9. Tom886
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2022

Tom886 , Jan 23, 2022 :
    You don't need TWRP to root the mobile, simple patching of the boot image in Magisk is enough. My 6T is rooted (without TWRP) and pass SafetyNet

Cheers

Caomhin and Auristic like this.
  10. A1594910915738
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2022

A1594910915738 , Jan 23, 2022 :

You should not notice the issue if you boot up your old OnePlus 6 device, all looks fine at first sight... Bit after several hours, like 14 or more, you see sync services are being killed by android 11 system, and you need to manually open the Gmail app to check for new mail.... Reset/wipe doesnt help...
    This issue even occurs on a clean installed system with no other apps pressent... Only 11..

So the same process on 10, and it works...

This bug was submitted already since beta, ...

AshishPrinz likes this.
  11. UDM
    Donut Jan 23, 2022

UDM , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 23, 2022 :
    It was famous of Apple to release new OS update and kill old models by slowing them to a level users would be forced to go for higher version.

OnePlus while copying everything has copied this attribute the best

After updates Camera is so difficult to operate, by mistake if you click portrait then nothing works, phone just freezes

Flickering anyway was a issue

Multitasking is no more a phone, more than 2 apps and phone just stops responding.

Battery doesn't last more then 6-7 hours

On top of all that, OnePlus just ran away by giving this worst update... actually intelligent update from their side.

OnePlus 6 has officially been killed by OnePlus and as a owner of this phone the only option is to go for new phone as this ditches when it is required the most, question is should I go for OnePlus or some other brand

PRAJWALOFFICIAL and AshishPrinz like this.
  12. Auristic
    Lollipop Jan 23, 2022

ironass and Caomhin like this.
  13. Caomhin

Conspiracy theories for killing models is nonsense. My old 6T still functions great on OOS 11

Try the following suggestion and see if they can help.

Clear the Camera App info Cache and App info Storage.

Also Clear the OnePlus Camera Service App info Cache and App info Storage as well.

Restart the phone. Check if this can help.

Enable or Disable Ram Boost for Flickering and App memory multi tasking issues.

Battery is now 3 years old so may be degraded by as much as 30%. Oneplus approved repair centres were and still could be offering either free or 50% off a battery replacement.

14. AmitMohanty
    Froyo Jan 23, 2022

AmitMohanty , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 23, 2022 :
    How safe are custom ROMs wrt Security ? I am a bit concerned about running banking applications on such OS.

15. UDM
    Donut Jan 23, 2022

Well thanks for calling out Non Sense

I wrote that after trying everything in last 1 month.

If you think I am alone complaining I can still think I am non sense as per your declaration here but i believe there are hundreds other who qualify to be non sense as per your definition which leaves a question..who actually is?

These problems are not isolated and has been reported from the trials builts and even after full OS update
    OnePlus failed to resolve these and suddenly announced no more support.

They should not give us V12 it's all good as per their rules but leaving people with a bad software update is really a NONSENSE thing and whoever supports that his/her thinking as well

So be happy and address people with respect before calling them by names on a public platform

AshishPrinz likes this.
  16. Caomhin

No name calling just calling out the conspiracy nonsense 🤷🏻‍♂️

As per the rules it was 2 updates plus one year of security as per OnePlus schedule when the phone was released. And the OP 6 had 3 updates released on OOS 8, got 9, 10 and 11. 6T was part of the series and came out with OOS 9, got 10 and 11. As per update policy schedule.
    1642952512106.jpg
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-software-maintenance-schedule.862347/

This has changed to 3 updates +1 year security last year for 8 Series and later flagship phones.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...se-and-software-maintenance-schedule.1462181/

Auristic likes this.
  17. UDM
    Donut Jan 23, 2022

You are not getting the point so explaining one last time

I am not asking them to give us 12 or for that matter even 11 but the point is they gave us a faulty, full of bugs update and ran away.
    They couldn't have rolled out 11 and left it on stable version of 10 but to tell that see we have given you 11 and then leave people with broken apps and phones half of the time non working definitely looks to done on purpose.

If you still are not getting the point......

K1577555224305 and AshishPrinz like this.
  18. AshishPrinz
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2022

AshishPrinz , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 23, 2022 :
    1642951805197.jpg
    I was approached yet again by a Bug Hunter this morning, and asked me to report all the bugs & provide logs - I just did.
    Maybe, there is still some hope left. Maybe, there's still a silver lining.
    Let's just wait a little longer. ☮️

19. Caomhin

I get your point, but killing phones is a complete conspiracy theory. And I can't see there any going back on EOL. If you want to gripe, best to do it directly to OnePlus, they will be the only ones who you may influence on this, as its their product and their EOL policy decision.

Scroll down the page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

As it stands I am happy enough with the my old 6T functions on OOS 11.

20. UDM
    Donut Jan 23, 2022

I wrote to OnePlus community. You only jumped here and started nonsense etc
    I didn't invited you to comment. You are happy be happy but why are you becoming philosopher by commenting here and there.
    Enjoy

K1577555224305 and AshishPrinz like this.