OxygenOS 11 – First impressions from OEF participants

1. David Y.
    OxygenOS Staff Member Aug 17, 2020

Stickied Post
    David Y. , Aug 17, 2020 :
    My reply on Reddit here could be useful to address some of our community friends' questions.

"What I don't understand is OnePlus' take on a one-handed UI. For example the settings app will definitely be easier to use now. You can reach the first few rows without much effort with one hand. But as soon as you enter a 'sub-setting', for example Display settings, it's not optimised for one-handed usage anymore."

Nice observation. Aligning the subpages with the main page was our original plan, however we decided not to take such a big step for now.

"Another issue is the the Gallery app. You now have to swipe to switch between sections. If it's that way in one stock app, it should be the same on other stock apps as well."

Sharp eyes. We applied this new UX solution for two reasons. First is, Gallery is naturally a rich content app, by providing this new design, we expect users to focus more on the content, to rewind those beautiful memories. The second is that considering it is a relatively new and bold interaction, we put it on the Gallery to test the water.

2. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2020

HarshKK14 , Aug 17, 2020 :
    Great explanation. But still a doubt, you said didn't took a bold step to implement the one-handed feel in sub menus. Took such a big step in implementing the same thing in the main menu , which is more visible and more highlighting, but couldn't take the same for sub menus

3. David Y.
    OxygenOS Staff Member Aug 17, 2020

David Y. , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 17, 2020 :
    Haste makes waste.

Batman360 likes this.
  4. Zt1
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2020

Zt1 , Aug 17, 2020 :
    I basically like it.
    But there are one two shortcomings.
    The color mode in the menu is gone.
    Sometimes the starting font size in the top line of the menu is very large.
    There are apps where the text window is not visible, so it is useless, e.g. messenger

5. ravisoren007
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2020

ravisoren007 , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Aug 17, 2020 :
    Miui + One UI = Oxygen OS

A total modified copy by OnePlus didn't liked it at all where is the innovative Oxygen OS vibe in this UI I don't get it.

It'll be better for OnePlus team to readjust the some features which are copied from One UI and bit Miui. Me personally loved the oxygen OS 10 it's great unique in it's own way.

6. G_Tejas_More_jIIm
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2020

7. Erajay35
    Froyo Aug 17, 2020

Erajay35 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 17, 2020 :
    Hi one plus
    Me Ajay
    I purchased one Plus nord
    But in this mobile why not add OnePlus dailer and message app and music player and call recorder function so bad google dailer
    And
    Main thing
    When oxygen os with Android 11 in OnePlus Nord

LeptitLoS likes this.
  8. N1593679741757
    Eclair Aug 17, 2020

9. Nik_jp
    Froyo Aug 17, 2020

Nik_jp , via OnePlus 6 , Aug 17, 2020 :
    Looks a lot like One UI and that's a shame. Oxygen OS has always been a strong suit for OnePlus with its clean and quickness. Really hope this isn't the final look and OnePlus stuck to the stock android look.

LeptitLoS, laikexpert and FachriYousa like this.
  10. bcharles99
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2020

bcharles99 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 17, 2020 :
    If you guys don't implement it in the sub settings then what is the use of one handed mode...(personally I don't like the way you guys implemented one handed mode because it's like one ui in Samsung). please use amoled black instead of dark grey in settings menu like oos10
    Please give us unified experience across the entire os..
    Because op's dialer app has tabs..but in gallery app don't have tabs.. sounds weird

LeptitLoS likes this.
  11. F_Brandon_Tobias_jGSG
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2020

F_Brandon_Tobias_jGSG , Aug 17, 2020 :
    Things I noticed as well but I think you guys should take the plunge with the new elements. Settings should be fully optimized.

One thing I noticed is the settings app for dark mode does not seem to render as clean as it should around the edges of the rounded elements look too sharp

For the gallery app, I think it should be cohesive with the other applications like the phone app, etc. I also agree with the point it should be as rich as the content it serves while still having the same visual identity as the other apps.

Unless OP is going to adopt the concept used in the gallery app to the other stock applications.
    Did a mockup to bring the gallery in line with the others? I'm not a pro but I tried.

what would be cool is if you guys did a post with the ideas that you want to try. show us screenshots maybe short videos of how you envision said UI interaction and maybe the community can vote on that next time just an idea.
    Its easier to digest when you have the whole picture and not parts.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020

David Y. likes this.
  12. sanjay.yad2010@g
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2020

sanjay.yad2010@g , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 17, 2020 :
    I am facing some problem in setting and dial keypad and Google voice is not properly working and when I pressing power button Google voice active there is no any option found in setting how can I remove this setting please improve

13. Mobpsy
    Froyo Aug 17, 2020

14. aarish6277
    Eclair Aug 17, 2020

15. bcharles99
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2020

bcharles99 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 17, 2020 :
    Please check your settings menu
    Under settings>buttons and gestures
    1597676897780.jpg

16. F_Brandon_Tobias_jGSG likes this.

17. afogel likes this.
  18. JordHawks
    Donut Aug 17, 2020

JordHawks , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 17, 2020 :
    While I am concerned for this direction. I will first see the update in my hands before I cast judgement. However I do hope we haven't strayed too far from Oxygen OS's routes.

afogel likes this.