Cupcake Aug 31, 2020

Leon Lwd , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 31, 2020 :
    It's what u want, I love the new style in oxygen os 11

2. bcharles99
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2020

3. nabigh.nilawar
    Eclair Aug 31, 2020

nabigh.nilawar , via OnePlus 7 , Aug 31, 2020 :
    Oxygen OS 11 dp looks absolutely great in most of the part but some part feels odd, annoying, outdated such as
    notification centre looks like it's inspired from android 10 although it does provide separate conversations catagory but categorising style is same old android 10 style in android 11 division is done using transparent background which looks much cleaner and awesome compared to android 10 solid GRAY/WHITE colour background
    ... then some part of settings UI is one hand use oriented and other uses same old design hopefully this all will get fixed in final release 🙂
    1598901225845.jpg

1598901225875.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Leon Lwd
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2020

Leon Lwd , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 31, 2020 :
    Like olso more space between.

nabigh.nilawar likes this.
  5. J1590069444539 , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 1, 2020 :
    Very disappointed. As a former Pixel user I was thrilled to get the extras in my OnePlus while keeping the best thing about Pixel: the stock look and feel. That's the main reason I've avoided Samsung, the UI. Now I'm sad to have to wait 1.5 years to escape faux Samsung UI.

LeptitLoS likes this.
  6. Grilled_Trout
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2020

Grilled_Trout , Sep 1, 2020 :
    I don't understand all this fuss coming from "stock Android" arguments.

What is even "stock Android?" How do you define an OS "stock?" Does it have to look like and imitate the Pixel UI, year after year, in order to deem it as such? Does OnePlus have to abide by how the Pixel UI looks, year after year, in order to satisfy those who keep crying out "stock Android?"

So, my guess is then... if Pixel UI changes to look like OneUI, we shouldn't be hearing any complaints then... because Pixel is made by Google and if Pixel UI changes to look like OneUI, then it should be considered "stock Android," yes? Ridiculous.

Not even Pixel phones run "stock Android" in my opinion. There is Android, and then companies apply whatever themes and skins and UI elements on top to make things work for them and set themselves apart from competition. I believe Pixel phones are no different.

I thought Android was all about being open and flexible. I thought that this open-ended nature of Android defined what it is and sets itself apart from iOS, which is a closed and walled garden.

I am using OneUI now in one of my phones, and I have to say that it vastly improves on one-handed use. It also feels and works much better and snappier than TouchWiz and Samsung Experience of the past.

Android experience has improved over the years, partly due to its openness and adaptability. What works well has been copied, modified, tweaked, and improved. The presence of multiple different OEMs with their own ideas and implementations helped drive it forward. Heck, even Google copies from other Android OEMs and bakes those features into the Android OS.

All one should care about is performance and ease of use. It matters not whether an OS should look and feel "stock Android." If "stock Android" is so important for you, there is always the option to buy the Pixel phones....since it looks like anything that remotely looks different from Pixel UI is being criticized for not conforming to some closed-minded people's definition of not being "stock Android" enough.

7. R1530321310917
    Donut Sep 1, 2020

R1530321310917 , via OnePlus 5 , Sep 1, 2020 :
    The Gallery app has a share this picture feature. However, the only place you can share it on is the OnePlus community. I'd like to be able to share a photo on WhatsApp and other apps without having to first upload it to Google Drive.

8. Crusherman
    Donut Sep 2, 2020

Crusherman , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 2, 2020 :
    I love democracy

derLenno and Mobpsy like this.
  9. Y1591349299460
    Cupcake Sep 2, 2020

10. B1592561522228
    Cupcake Sep 2, 2020

11. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2020

12. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 2, 2020 :
    After android 11 has been released on the 8 September, the open beta is expected to be released around this date and a stable version released Mid October all gong well.

13. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Sep 2, 2020

14. SuvamSingh98
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2020

SuvamSingh98 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 3, 2020 :
    Hi there OnePlus, I have recently bought Oneplus Nord for me and from the day when i have bought, i am getting the amazing experience. However I came to know that Oxygen OS 11's interface will be different from what we are getting on our existing Oxygen OS 10 which is close to the stock experience. We some of the Oneplus users don't want that the interface should changed, we want the same close to stock interface like what we have. This is a request on behalf of all the Oneplus Users out here. I am really proud to be the part of the Oneplus Community. Lots of Love [e]2764[/e]️

LeptitLoS and OnePlus8_IN like this.
  15. Paulmihai
    Froyo Sep 3, 2020

Paulmihai , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 3, 2020 :
    Then buy pixels or flash roms let the rest of us enjoy cool features. I really don't get this "stock" Android thing. As long as the softwear is well optimized what wrong can more features do ......

Grilled_Trout and SteveCP like this.
  16. V1597219411694
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2020

17. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Sep 4, 2020

18. Montu001
    Froyo Sep 5, 2020

19. bcharles99
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2020