OxygenOS 11 – First impressions from OEF participants

1. Q1596890885320
    Eclair Aug 12, 2020

Q1596890885320 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 12, 2020 :
    I might be picking blindly my first O+ device for a change and as per user end feedback. Mostly from my friends. Also for a change as I was stuck using Samsung products. Indeed it exceeds my expectation although I have other options like the 2 gaming phones ... Xiaomi BS3 & ZTE BM5g. Legion and the latest ROG Asus reviews just came... Still I picked O+ 8P for balance. Gaming and work related purposes. For a week use, it didn't fail my expected performance on the phone so far.

derLenno likes this.
  2. derLenno
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Aug 12, 2020

derLenno , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 12, 2020 :
    The original version was even harsher :D

actor90, rarog and JelleZon like this.
  3. sahilgupta12sa
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

4. bcharles99 likes this.
  5. bcharles99
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2020

bcharles99 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 12, 2020 :
    I agree it is Useful because people want one handed mode. There is lot of other ideas for implementing one handed mode but their choice is wrong . It will be the reason become people to move away from the brand like One Plus

6. Chirag bajaj
    Froyo Aug 12, 2020

Chirag bajaj , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 12, 2020 :
    One of the main reason to purchase this was to get that stock android look.
    The dark mode is now not even close to good as Oxygen os 10 had it.

7. WINDOWSPHONE466
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

WINDOWSPHONE466 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Hello,

I am from INDIA and currently using Oneplus 8 pro and installed the Developer preview 3 .

After the update i am facing some bugs so kindly please resolve them ASAP.

1. UNABLE to install any of the AMAZON related apps , ex - Amazon shopping, Amazon music and Amazon prime video App.

2. UNABLE to use And Verify Mobikwik UPI , whenever I try to verify it says INVALID REQUEST .

3. UNABLE to download resorce packs and maps on PUBG MOBILE app.
    There is only one option in the app permission section of PUBG MOBILE which is media only so please give us the storage permission for PUBG MOBILE so that we can download the resource packs and maps .

PLEASE RESOLVE THESE ISSUES ASAP..

THANKS...

8. JelleZon
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Aug 12, 2020

Attached Files:

Snoere and actor90 like this.
  9. Q1596890885320
    Eclair Aug 12, 2020

I might be picking blindly my first O+ device for a change and as per user end feedback. Mostly from my friends. Also for a change as I was stuck using Samsung products. Indeed it exceeds my expectation although I have other options like the 2 gaming phones ... Xiaomi BS3 & ZTE BM5g. Legion and the latest ROG Asus reviews just came... Still I picked O+ 8P for balance. Gaming and work related purposes. For a week use, it didn't fail my expected performance on the phone so far.

10. WINDOWSPHONE466
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

WINDOWSPHONE466 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Hello,

I am from INDIA and currently using Oneplus 8 pro and installed the Developer preview 3 .

After the update i am facing some bugs so kindly please resolve them ASAP.

1. UNABLE to install any of the AMAZON related apps , ex - Amazon shopping, Amazon music and Amazon prime video App.

2. UNABLE to use And Verify Mobikwik UPI , whenever I try to verify it says INVALID REQUEST .

3. UNABLE to download resorce packs and maps on PUBG MOBILE app.
    There is only one option in the app permission section of PUBG MOBILE which is media only so please give us the storage permission for PUBG MOBILE so that we can download the resource packs and maps .

PLEASE RESOLVE THESE ISSUES ASAP..

THANKS...

Q1596890885320 likes this.
  11. Harsh Ramesh
    Donut Aug 12, 2020

12. Dhruv Kashyap , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Aug 12, 2020 :
    OEFs are truly an integral feature for OnePlus to involve community and listen to them, i really like OnePlus for this. Eager to gets my hands on the latest build for my 7T as and when it will be available!

13. LeptitLoS likes this.
  14. TarunShukla7
    Eclair Aug 12, 2020

15. Tilak R Hegde
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2020

Tilak R Hegde , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 12, 2020 :
    The reason why people love Oxygen OS is that it is kind a close to stock with perfect zest of customisation.

KINDLY PLEASE DON'T jeopardise good reputation by including unremoveble services or apps like Netflix Facebook services etc. Atleast for a premium flagship phone, let the choise be on the users hand to keep the app or not.( I know it can be disabled but still I do not want it on my phone).

Even call app, contacts, message app, gallery bring in the google stock apps itself which works best as you guys already know, therefore you guys don't have to do aditional investment on developing special apps for these purposes and also helps user some storage resources insted of disabling or having multiple apps for same purpose.

Staying stock is the new mantra (I believe) people have grown fond for stock UI with stock apps with no bloatware and ability to remove any unnecessary app of user choice, BTW Influence from pixel phone and androidONE phones(still the best software experience on android, especially moto One series for budget user ).

As you guys have nailed the physical specifications BUT
    Remember every android fan boys dream phone will be a pixel phone
    Because of stock user experience(you guys were doing good until now) and regular software updates( and also you guys are still doing great job on Updates) and not to forget GCam.

Bringing that experience to one plus phone will be GOLDEN

UPDATE: The latest Android 11 DP 3 looks horrible for me you guys have completely moved away from stock experience.

Actually I was excited for Android 11 Now I am regretting buying OP8Pro. The new UI looks like ripoff Samsung's One UI which I hated and the reason why I shifted from samsung ( and aslo main reason was too many uninstalable bloatware and ads).

I know some lazy people out there saying the UI is great for one hand use. But i am not feeling it 😐 for me it never made a difference. Now you guys are losing the originality of Oneplus brand by imitating other competitors.

Hope I am not the only one feeling this way....

BTW display color shift issue has increased in Android 11 My suggestion is insted of using gray background using complete black one for dark mode might help.

1597260564739.jpg

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020

16. jimmy123322
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2020

jimmy123322 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    What is that?

17. Sharifshams19
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

mayank_002_ and domestoboto like this.
  18. JelleZon
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Aug 12, 2020

JelleZon , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 12, 2020 :
    People want more customizable settings, more features, more fonts, more colors to change, everything new and more of it

But that's not stock Android

when you use Oxygen OS 11 you will notice that there aren't even that much changes. Everything feels the same. Just because the settings label is now above and the icons to reach moved down? Are you kidding me?
    This is really useful for one handed use!

Snoere, Demon_hunter, actor90 and 2 others like this.
  19. jimmy123322
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2020

jimmy123322 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Just read 10 pages before bro! :) I wrote many posts with arguments for defending stock OOS. But i look at OnePlus activity latest year, and understand. There is now no more OnePlus as it was 5 years ago. No it's Samsung #2

LeptitLoS, bcharles99 and ashish77363 like this.
  20. Q1596890885320
    Eclair Aug 12, 2020

Let it be the choice for users to stick on the OS they preferred as well. And more on security updates only. That should be fair enough. [e]1f604[/e]

Saikat Karak likes this.