OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T

1. Max.Mar
    Jelly Bean Sep 14, 2021

Max.Mar , Sep 14, 2021 :
    Could you please point down the steps you have taken in this whole process including the factory reset as mentioned. Because I have faced no such issue.

Auristic likes this.
  2. jo_wi
    Eclair Sep 14, 2021

jo_wi , Sep 14, 2021 :
    Google releases the security patches to the manufacturers a full month before they are released to the public, exactly to give manufacturers the time they need to implement and certify the patches. So OnePlus received the September updates on Aug. 1st., for example.

Other manufacturers do publish updates on time, so your point just goes to show one more time that OnePlus doesn't really care for it's customers anymore.
    Either OnePlus cares for their customers, then they adhere to the schedule they published themselves. Or they do not, then things are as they are now.

And about expecting something from OnePlus ... I've been let down by OP too often. I don't expect anything from them anymore. I've flashed the two original OnePlus One phones that have been in our household since 2014 with Lineage long ago (we still use them as internet radio receivers and to control some smart home features). They run better with that than with the original software, and receive weekly (!) updates. Same goes for the two OnePlus 5 that my kids are using as their daily rockers. Weekly updates, no more bugs. And for my own phone, I'm just looking for a free time slot where I can migrate it to Lineage, as OxygenOS 11 is buggy as hell & doesn't receive updates, either.

K1577555224305 and Ronesso17 like this.
  3. friss
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2021

friss , Sep 14, 2021 :
    Yes, OP should be working on it to make it as stable as possible and do a second release before they EOL it.

4. TomasMar
    Eclair Sep 14, 2021

TomasMar , Sep 14, 2021 :
    I agree OnePlus is shity company
    That's not true stay in android 10...Oneplus is shity company, they push out betas as stable one.

5. X1539515729795
    Donut Sep 14, 2021

X1539515729795 , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 14, 2021 :
    After updating to Android 11 , battery drain issue in one plus 6 rises. SOT decreased rapidly and even charging becomes slow.
    Any stable update in pipeline for this issue.

TomasMar likes this.
  6. horotat
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2021

7. W1536531382920
    Donut Sep 14, 2021

8. TomasMar
    Eclair Sep 14, 2021

Don't update...your phone become useless 👍

9. Royal_RJ
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 14, 2021

10. LegolasX
    KitKat Sep 14, 2021

LegolasX , Sep 14, 2021 :
    not all manufacturers provide updates to all their phones at same time, specially those on the verge of eol.

OnePlus has never been better on updates, people are expecting too much if you ask me.

they receive security patch at doesn't mean they can or will release it immediately. they have many devices to work on now.

bi-monthly release also doesn't mean you will get updates at exact dates.

vikram.shah likes this.
  11. popxunga
    Eclair Sep 14, 2021

popxunga , Sep 14, 2021 :
    Hi !

I'd say that at this stage it is a suspended rollout ... and if this is the case, OnePlus should have announced it already.

Anyway from what I've seen so far, I guess that it wouldn't change much the useless amount of posts stating "I didn't received the update yet..." or "When will I get the update?...".

Follow this forums, which seems to be left mostly unmanaged, is no more than a pure and permanent insanity exercise.

OnePlus should care more about communicate effectively with their clients ... while they still have some.

Cheers.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021

Widdl and logonzalo like this.
  12. TomasMar
    Eclair Sep 14, 2021

....this post is paid 👌

Ronesso17 likes this.
  13. TomasMar
    Eclair Sep 14, 2021

...this post is useless too 😂...such a shame OnePlus 👍

Ronesso17 likes this.
  14. popxunga
    Eclair Sep 14, 2021

15. imaginary_aman
    Eclair Sep 14, 2021

16. AmitMohanty
    Froyo Sep 14, 2021

AmitMohanty , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 14, 2021 :
    Apart from all the bugs and defects of the new Android 11 update, is there anything good in A11 on OnePlus6? Any useful visual changes or performance tweaks or anything noticeable ??

17. Andrei Agulescu
    Donut Sep 14, 2021

Andrei Agulescu , Sep 14, 2021 :
    By factory reset I mean.... Well, a factory reset (<erase all data> option from the system / reset options menu in the settings app).

The Oxygen OS 11 ROM was the stable one as downloaded from the Oxygen Updater app. It was an official stable version for my device.

To rollback to the previous version (oxygen OS 11), I downloaded a rollback package from the OnePlus official forums which installed android 10.

Interestingly, after reinstalling android 10, no OTA update was found for oxygen OS 11 so I'm assuming OnePlus is well aware that there are issues with this update and general availability has been delayed. So my advice to anybody who has not received this update is to wait a bit longer because you're not missing out on anything major or revolutionary with oxygen OS 11.

18. Andrei Agulescu
    Donut Sep 14, 2021

Andrei Agulescu , Sep 14, 2021 :
    Yes, I think this is what is happening. I've noticed many issues myself when I updated to oxygen OS 11 (I used the Oxygen updater app). There were a lot of annoying things that didn't work well and I think OnePlus is aware of this and they're trying to fix it. I don't mind if it takes them longer than expected but hopefully what we get in the end is a solid update.

stupidaakash likes this.
  19. R1543561124312
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2021

20. TomasMar
    Eclair Sep 14, 2021

Be happy...android 11 on OnePlus 6 is garbage 👍

Sheldon_88 likes this.