OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T

1. Auristic
    Lollipop Sep 15, 2021 at 4:47 AM

rHITkM. likes this.
  2. _MarcoJ
    Froyo Sep 15, 2021 at 5:39 AM

_MarcoJ , Sep 15, 2021 at 5:39 AM :
    Frankly, OOS 11 has been running smoothly on my OnePlus 6 except Gmail sync issue, which is however very very annoying and, as a temporary workaround, I now use BlueMail to receive Gmail notifications.

Others are just fine – more smoothly, no "notification bar occasionally unable to pull down" bug like OOS 10, dark mode per app, and etc.

K1577555224305 likes this.
  3. Earlyhawk
    Froyo Sep 15, 2021 at 5:45 AM

Earlyhawk , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 15, 2021 at 5:45 AM :
    Gmail is not working since the first update opened couple of thread, made posts sent support request and some admins got in touch but nothing changed. Never ever will buy a OnePlus phone again waiting for s21 Fe

Ronesso17 likes this.
  4. Auristic
    Lollipop Sep 15, 2021 at 5:53 AM

rHITkM. likes this.
  5. Auristic
    Lollipop Sep 15, 2021 at 5:56 AM

rHITkM. likes this.
  6. Earlyhawk
    Froyo Sep 15, 2021 at 6:26 AM

Earlyhawk , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 15, 2021 at 6:26 AM :
    Okay they can do that BUT where is the freedom to choose? Where is the customer first approach? Do I need which apps I should use choosen by my device company? You can be a OnePlus fan it's your choosen life style but don't protect their mistakes with absurdity.

7. Auristic
    Lollipop Sep 15, 2021 at 6:41 AM

Auristic , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 15, 2021 at 6:41 AM :
    You have all the freedom you want to choose whatever e-mail app you like until the issue is solved either by Google, by OnePlus or both: I really can't see what the problem is...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021 at 6:48 AM

rHITkM. likes this.
  8. Auristic
    Lollipop Sep 15, 2021 at 6:47 AM

Auristic , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 15, 2021 at 6:47 AM :
    I'll never hesitate to tag you and your fellow Oxygen Updater dev because I've been using your app for ages, paid for it and trust it 100%.
    Thanks a lot for your implication in this project and keep up the good work!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021 at 7:01 AM

rHITkM. and AnonymousWP like this.
  9. Earlyhawk
    Froyo Sep 15, 2021 at 7:03 AM

Earlyhawk , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 15, 2021 at 7:03 AM :
    Wow! Thanks for the advice.

Do you work for OP?

Auristic likes this.
  10. Gourav23
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2021 at 7:06 AM

11. YashTated
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2021 at 7:23 AM

12. Abhigk
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2021 at 7:59 AM

Luis Hugo and Akshat2793 like this.
  13. rom08
    Eclair Sep 15, 2021 at 8:02 AM

rom08 , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 15, 2021 at 8:02 AM :
    Ok , please argue your answer. What have I said that is wrong? Is oxygen updater an official OnePlus app? Is it open source? No and no.
    I mean no disrespect to the developers they do a great job but I don't know them.
    I want OnePlus to sort this out no third party developers.

14. rohitsharma_j22
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2021 at 8:18 AM

rohitsharma_j22 , Sep 15, 2021 at 8:18 AM :
    Yesterday I was driving my car and was using google maps navigation on my OP6. Withing 45 minutes, phone gone too much hot that i got a notification of excessive heating of device. That too when my car AC was full.
    It is really surprising, before A11 i used the maps a lot but never faced such heating issue ever.
    I restarted the device and put it in front of AAC vent then after around 10 minutes it cool down.
    I am really doubting and suspicious to own any new device from One Plus now. Recent blast incident of Nord devices decreasing my confidence on OnePlus devices now. They are just falling down day by day.

15. V1557485420915
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2021 at 8:35 AM

16. vaibhavmajety
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2021 at 8:46 AM

love1plus1specs likes this.
  17. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Sep 15, 2021 at 9:09 AM

AnonymousWP , Sep 15, 2021 at 9:09 AM :
    Did you even bother reading my reply? Again: it is open source, so stop spreading nonsense. You have no idea what you're talking about.

And the irony: telling him to "argue his answer" while you didn't substantiate anything and you just make baseless claims.

rHITkM. and Auristic like this.
  18. Auristic
    Lollipop Sep 15, 2021 at 9:13 AM

Auristic , Sep 15, 2021 at 9:13 AM :
    Oxygen Updater is indeed open source (read what Oxygen Updater's dev replied to your message). Of course it isn't a Oneplus app but who only uses Microsoft apps on a Microsoft OS? You? And don't tell me you only use open source OSes as this is the same with any OS: you don't use ONLY apps made by the OS developers.

There's always a difference between wanting something and getting it: since your only official means to get the update OTA by Oneplus is to wait, if you don't want to wait then contact OP directly: here you're communicating with users so all we can do is give you workarounds to circumvent Oneplus' lack of communication.

To put it in a nutshell: your device, your choice, but don't advise other users not to update the way they want just because you didn't take the time to study the subject: let them do whatever they want!

Happy waiting and/or good luck to get in touch with OP!

rHITkM. and AnonymousWP like this.
  19. aniketroyal
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2021 at 9:14 AM

20. adhirajsinghchauhan
    Froyo Sep 15, 2021 at 9:27 AM

adhirajsinghchauhan , Sep 15, 2021 at 9:27 AM :
    @rom08 did you not read @AnonymousWP's reply to you? It seems like you're unnecessarily stirring up drama, even after multiple people have corrected your misconceptions.

For the last time, the app is completely open-source, and has been so since 2016. It lets you skip the rollout queue by downloading only official updates directly from OnePlus servers. It even verifies the integrity of the ZIP (MD5 checksums) before allowing you to install — if it fails, the app auto-deletes the ZIP to protect you, the user.

Moreover, even if the app didn't have all its protections, standard Android security measures prevent installing unofficial builds (i.e. not signed by the OEM, or not meant for your device).

A project like ours cannot exist if we haven't established trust with the community. Several major publishers (as outlined in AnonymousWP's reply) have recommend our app to their readers. Do you think they'll blindly suggest things to people? Isn't it obvious they've done more than enough background checks to ensure legitimacy?

Sometimes even OnePlus engineers reach out to us directly, if they need to communicate something or require coordination for certain things.

Hopefully this time you'll take the time to read what others have told you, and stop this baseless drama (especially because it's gone completely off-topic). It's very good to be sceptical of things, but it's bad to be make false claims.

If you have more questions, email us (not linking it here, it's shown on our Play Store page).