OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7

1. Pranjulrajput , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Brother stay on android 10 because android 11 have aloooooots of bug like
    Battery
    Ui lag
    Camera quality downgrade
    Heatup issue. And many more.

2. G_Roberto_Bianchi_TVRE , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 9, 2021 :
    It happened even to me. Is the AMOLED Pixels that have burned because the images has been always the same for a long time.
    It doesn't have anything to do with temperature. Whoever told you that, has given you an inaccurate information.

OP7 and OP7 Pro (like many other phones) have the notification bar always active with the same static icons.

If you have the battery, network or Wi-Fi notification icons active, those pixel show the same image all the time. That picture can remain imprinted in the Amoled Screen if it stays long.

Opening a document, a picture or a pdf with a white background in fullscreen you will see those burnt pixels. Usually if the icons are white, on a white background you will see them in shades of red. I guess someone will test their screen after reading this and they will get the bad surprise. Sorry.

I play a lot F1 Mobile.
    In the game there is a place where you see constantly the speed and gears during the game.
    Because of that, I have imprinted in my phone, not only the notification bar, but also those 888 numbers where the game shows the speed.
    Is too bad, but it can happen with some type of delicate Amoled Screen.

In the past I had the OP3 with Amoled, but playing the same F1 Mobile game I never had burnt pixels problems.

I guess the screen for OP7 Pro with the 90 Hz. refresh rate might have not been able to handle it and the pixels burnt (like in mine)

The same problem occurs with 4K TV with Amoled.
    To protect them, if the same picture or logo appears for over 2 hours, many TVs detect that and they shut themselves down for 10 minutes before restarting, otherwise the screen would be compromised.

So, there nothing wrong wigh your screen.

Just poor planning from OP when they decided to put a high refresh rate on a too delicate Amoled without doing the right calculations.
    Or who knows, maybe they knew about the problem and did nothing, hoping that after one or two years the problem would push people to buy a new phone (hoping you would still buy a OP... good wish)

Samsung used to leave some faults in purpose in the past. That's the reason I stop buying Samsung.

Anyway, OP3 has been the best phone I ever had in my life until 2019.

That motivated me to spend 800 Euros to buy this OP7 Pro I have. It was not worth at all. This phone has been a big disappointment, screen pixels burnt, volume button got out 6 months ago and is impossible to fix.
    A big disappointment and I had it for only 18 months.

I bought a Xiaomi for my wife at the same period with almost the same specs for less than half of the price I paid my OP7 Pro and it works now better than mine (and her phone got Android 11 stable release already in December 2020)
    OP should get back to Pete Lau way of doing things.
    They took a suicide road bevause of greed.

I will definitively not buy OP anymore in the future

3. Pranjulrajput , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Oneplus start his journey from 20k that time they launched oneplus one as a flagship killer

Now its they launched oneplus 9 pro at 79k

Whenever they push new update they downgrade all things and also bugs as a gift

F1565112785438 and Dodimo like this.
  4. Aadi.Khan
    Donut Apr 9, 2021

Aadi.Khan , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 9, 2021 :
    My OnePlus 7pro 1915 getting irresponsive dark screen when I'm switching 90 hz with fhd mean I can only use 90hz with Qhd. I've done many steps but succeeded and forced to restart the cell.
    Is there anyone help me out?

5. I1617992672153
    Cupcake Apr 9, 2021

I1617992672153 , Apr 9, 2021 :
    I got my update notification, when I was ready to download it, It said my system is up to date without me updating it, it just dissapeared. I'm still on 10.0.11 eu device one plus 7 pro...?

6. Nitika Agrawal
    Donut Apr 9, 2021

AashishKanxyakar likes this.
  7. Shaoyang
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2021

Taras K. likes this.
  8. Shaoyang
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2021

9. R.Peter
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 9, 2021

10. P1617994489693
    Donut Apr 9, 2021

P1617994489693 , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Hi, the only big bug i see on my OP7 is a ramdomly black screen flickering when use some apps like gcam, mxplayer pro, etc. The only solution i find is restart the phone. Other minor bugs are a slow unlock screen respect Android 10 and little noticeable battery hot due bad ram and processor settings by OnePlus OS 11.

rayprayas03 likes this.
  11. rayprayas03

rayprayas03 , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Your Welcome

12. rayprayas03

rayprayas03 , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Hope they release Hotfix Update soon

Bierten77 likes this.
  13. rayprayas03

14. karim.Fadel
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2021

15. anurag_shatakshi
    Cupcake Apr 9, 2021

16. Artemus
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator Apr 9, 2021

Artemus , Apr 9, 2021 :
    This has been answered multiple times. OTA got halted to fix bugs. Want it now and deal with the bugs, download it and install via app called Oxygen Updater.

drl431 and Q1574902262133 like this.
  17. D_Koushik_Biswas_M
    Cupcake Apr 9, 2021

18. caillean.byrne , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 9, 2021 :
    I know what amoled screen burn in is. I don't have burn in. Someone was trying to claim their phone was getting to 50°C+ and that it damaged (burnt) the screen. Then they described amoled screen burn in. I think they were confused and jumping to wrong conclusions.

My 7 pro has had no serious bugs for the past year I've had it. It's running android 11 perfectly (minus a little battery drain, but I still get 1-2 days out of it easily). I'm very happy with my experience.

I paid at least 33% less than the apple and Samsung rivals at the time and I would pick oneplus for my next phone in a heart beat, unless something extreme happens by the time I want to upgrade.

P. S. About the battery drain. I used to get up to 10hrs sot, now I get up to 7hrs sot, but I fully expect it to go back to normal in a few months with future optimisation updates.

19. Q1540649008261
    Cupcake Apr 10, 2021

Rishi_Pisces likes this.