OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7

1. Adi_2019
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2021

Adi_2019 , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 12, 2021 :
    At some point of time during the OOS 10 cycle, Noto Sans fonts by Google were introduced in OnePlus devices. It replaced the old font Roboto. Now Roboto is back with OOS 11. Does anybody know what happened? Just wondering.

Ajdi likes this.
  2. 290779
    Donut Apr 12, 2021

3. jatin0990
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2021

4. yogeshvaza
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2021

5. AndurianSM
    Froyo Apr 12, 2021

AndurianSM , Apr 12, 2021 :
    From the over two weeks we can complain about "where is an update". Never Settle! Yeah!!!

6. RutujSave
    Donut Apr 12, 2021

Attached Files:

Bhatsaurabh07 likes this.
  7. Satrajit Chakraborty
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2021

Satrajit Chakraborty , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Please give them a feedback by using the feedback tool.
    Yes point 4 seems necessary as I was well used to that clear all button at the bottom. As they are focusing on one handed mode, then removing it was a bad idea.

8. HashimQC
    Donut Apr 12, 2021

9. Satrajit Chakraborty
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2021

Yeah there are some battery related issues in this current build which I have already provided them a feedback. Sometimes I feel charging seems slow like it takes more than 2 hrs but not all the time. There are some stuttering problems here n there but seems there are more problems which everyone may not have faced. So it may take some time to get a hotfix update.

10. Satrajit Chakraborty
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2021

There is an option for data connection switch during calls. You should have checked whether it was turned on or not!
    Were you facing the issue during calls or in normal cases?

11. NaveenKadali
    Donut Apr 12, 2021

NaveenKadali , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Everytime, doesn't matter whether on calls or not, whatever I'm doing, whether it's watching YouTube or checking mails or going through Instagram, it keeps switching in between itself and whatever I'm doing pauses for a moment.

12. Satrajit Chakraborty
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2021

1618233470258.jpg
    Sometimes it may happen due to this dual channel network acceleration mode. Check whether it is toggled off or on. If not then you can provide them a feedback.

13. NaveenKadali
    Donut Apr 12, 2021

NaveenKadali , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 12, 2021 :
    I've tried this thing also, but of no avail, I've already sent them feedback a long time ago but it hasn't been addressed anywhere in the community so far, only by individuals with the same problem, you can type "WiFi" in the search bar and see some more people having the same to receive problem.

14. SriharshaMarrapu
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2021

15. A1563634052754
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2021

16. U1581850587729
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2021

17. Abhik.b02
    Froyo Apr 12, 2021

Abhik.b02 , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Guys, honestly speaking, I'm relieved to be back on OOS 10.3.8 on my OnePlus 7 since this morning.

I had been using the new OOS 11 stable for the past few weeks and believe me, this version was not up to the mark. It was a clean install and still I had been troubled by bugs, which I had reported the Dev's as and when I saw them.
    It's not that the device is completely unusable, but I'm someone who is bothered by slightest of delays in animations and responsiveness. Normal user might not even notice that. No sugar coating the bugs, the haptics were straight up trash. Speaker output is freaking low. Launching the apps took ever so slightly long time, and the same was seen with notifications as well. I still prefer Amoled black rather than grey overlay in dark theme. The camera optimizations were kinda meeh... there was considerable noise in the image. ( having OIS can push slower shutter speeds keeping ISO at the minimum and sharp images at low light) Clearly, this wasn't the approach in the algorithm, and being a photographer it was easy to point out in the beginning itself. Selfies, were a bit more crisper though! Software sharpened image, but I'll take it!

Unable to drag that anymore, I decided to rollback to Android 10, this morning. The device feels much more responsive, the haptic feedback is sweet and the battery life is surprisingly better! Even when the device is indexing the newly installed apps, I'm constantly seeing similar battery life as a month ago with OOS 10.3.8. It's very optimised.

So, folks who are eager to jump on the Android 11 bandwagon, hold your horses... I know the wait sucks, but still. The new OS is not yet optimised.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021

18. pajkus
    Donut Apr 12, 2021

pajkus , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Could you please describe how to rollback to 10.3.8? Thank you

19. Tedinetto and SinghJagseerGill like this.
  20. Abhik.b02
    Froyo Apr 12, 2021

Abhik.b02 , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Sure, Thanks to @Zex85. The XDA link shall drop you on the various rollback packages available. I chose the one for my device (GM57AA). Rename the package to ending with .zip if not already. ( I had to do it as the downloaded package ended with .jar)

That downgraded to Android 9 ( OOS 9.0.3, if I'm not wrong). Then I installed Oxygen updater from the playstore and it downloaded 10.0.3. I updated it through local update. Then I searched for an OTA for 10.3.8! Et voila! It's the good old Android 10!

One word of caution though, it will factory reset your device. so take a call judiciously. Take backups if needed.

I don't, I always fresh install the OS.

Hope this helps!

GJM2 likes this.