OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7

1. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 18, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 18, 2021 :
    I haven't been able to try a 7 series on 11. Would have been fun.
    Things may need some time to settle in. Possible issues and sources or drain can often be found. Forcing some maintenance work, view the processes using the CPU can be parts of solving it.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/battery-analysis-and-battery-drain-trouble-solving.1413430/

2. Vkriz
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2021

3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 18, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Seen cases in the past where top -m 10 found a system process hammering the CPU at 100% on one core. The process seemed to be mentioned in crash dump logs and stuff... So no real solution found since the user could not link that activity to any certain app or process. I guess that case ended up with a factory reset.
    Personally I always start clean and just copy important files manually after a major OS upgrade (10-11).
    I deliberately rolled back on my 8 Pro to 10 and did a dirty upgrade to last 11 beta only to see what issues I could trigger. Some issues I did not have before the rollback seemed to emerge. Dirty flash or just coincidence who knows.

Artemus. likes this.
  4. Deactivated User
    Apr 18, 2021

F_Castro_EICP likes this.
  5. Einstein730
    Eclair Apr 18, 2021

Einstein730 , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 18, 2021 :
    The update is pretty good. Only problem I noticed so far is that gaming performance has been just ruined. I'm not able to play high end games like fortnite smoothly after the update

6. Lokikandati
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2021

Lokikandati , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 18, 2021 :
    In Oneplus 7 - 6GB RAM, observed a delay in opening applications and usage after software update and battery also drains fast even without using anything. Not sure if this is happening to other oneplus 7 phones.

Loved the UI of OS 10 than the updated version's UI.

7. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 18, 2021

Artemus. , Apr 18, 2021 :
    After every new major OS version, a factory reset is highly recommended. Back up your data, move it over to your Drive account, wipe it, go through the setup process, download your data after setup, restore, boom.

8. F1577552428275
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2021

9. Softcubs , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Just upgraded to android 11 via OTA UPDATE GM1915 my phone now feels unstable. Smoothness is gone. The phone is over heating. Performance has taken a hit. I haven't tried a factory reset yet. I'll try that next

10. Vkriz
    Cupcake Apr 19, 2021

Vkriz , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 19, 2021 :
    After a factory reset, overall its good now, battery standby has been back to life, phone doesn't heats up. I can feel the smooth,

11. Hitaish1
    Cupcake Apr 19, 2021

12. sksivakumar1
    Eclair Apr 19, 2021

sksivakumar1 , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Updated has been under hold for bug fix it seems,still no official confirmation on futher release

13. OneplusParvesh
    Eclair Apr 19, 2021

OneplusParvesh , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Heating issue is still persistent while playing games even low end ones. I have restart the whole phone to let it cool down and leave it on the table to do so. Will definitely want Oneplus to resolve this issue and provide us the hotfix for this also as this problem has been pointed out by nearly all of the 7 series users.

14. neelabhraj97
    Froyo Apr 19, 2021

neelabhraj97 , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Honest review for 11.0.2, please comply if same,
    Device ui is smooth as compared to the earlier update but the storage is still very slow. Takes longer to boot, and to perform any storage operation. said:
    Apps are snappy but the device heats up whilst updating a long list of apps on Playstore.
    After the hotfix, device takes lesser time to charge overall but the battery backup is poor.
    Call bug has been fixed finally, but the haptic feedback motor is tuned very badly and hasn't changed since 11.0.0.
    All in all the fixes are there but so do the bugs.
    Requesting OnePlus to notice all the details this time and push an update/fix really soon. As 7series users are really unsatisfied with the delays and buggy updates!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021

Deactivated User and Shalin05 like this.
  15. sarahmic
    Honeycomb Apr 19, 2021

sarahmic , Apr 19, 2021 :
    What do you mean by 'battery backup is completely destroyed' ?

16. neelabhraj97
    Froyo Apr 19, 2021

Did I choose the wrong words? It pretty much means whatever is written.

17. akks
    KitKat Apr 19, 2021

akks , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Battery backup means an alternate source of power to your device. Destroy means end the existence of, as per Oxford dictionary.:rolleyes:
    So your alternate source of power got destroyed. Please enlighten us, what backup battery you used to use for your phone. I haven't heard of any smartphone having battery backup.:D and how it got destroyed! :cool:

Artemus. likes this.
  18. neelabhraj97
    Froyo Apr 19, 2021

Focusing on the pity things my frnd, used ur lame sarcasm for powering up. And that got destroyed too!

19. akks
    KitKat Apr 19, 2021

akks , Apr 19, 2021 :
    It wasn't me who focused. I just cleared your lame doubt. Was it sarcasm anyways?

Artemus. likes this.
  20. sarahmic
    Honeycomb Apr 19, 2021

sarahmic , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Thanks for being unhelpful.

Thanks for being helpful akks although, like you, i just couldn't understand what he said!!

akks likes this.