OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7

1. Netsky60
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 26, 2021

Netsky60 , Mar 26, 2021 :
    It's not written but it can save your *** as it's how Android sometimes works. If you don't want to, and i can easily understand this, stick with A10 ;)

2. DeeJaaWoo
    Honeycomb Mar 26, 2021

DeeJaaWoo , Mar 26, 2021 :
    You are probably a teen who doesn't use his device for office use etc. No update should req a factory reset. that's why its called "Stable OTA Update"

Shvetan likes this.
  3. Henrik_Andersson , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 26, 2021 :
    Wake up this morning and had a firmware update to 11 (EU-Version) Downloaded it directly and have tested it for ~ 10 hours now.
    Did a wipe of the cache ( I always do after updates) said:
    No heating issues
    Everything works like a charm
    The normal battery drain in this version also, but there is ALWAYS battery drain in every updates. After the phone adjust itself for some days it will disappear...No problems
    Thanks Oneplus team for a great Android 11 update 👍
    PS - My son now have my old OP3 and it's still working, unbelievable good quality. Keep up the good work.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021

JNiemi likes this.
  4. DeeJaaWoo
    Honeycomb Mar 26, 2021

DeeJaaWoo , Mar 26, 2021 :
    I did not get an update yet but if that guy is having issues then it must be serious ... Wiping data is not a solution ... its a STABLE OTA UPDATE !!! if there's any issues its OnePlus to be blamed

5. Hercule2248
    Cupcake Mar 26, 2021

Hercule2248 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 26, 2021 :
    After i installed the 11 update all my Fonts are huge in comparision to 10. And yes, i already checked and rechecked Display and other settings. Also taskbar is way bigger even if i had it in the smallest size.....FeelsBadMan

6. Rattlesnake7501
    Cupcake Mar 26, 2021

7. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Mar 26, 2021

SoniaB , Mar 26, 2021 :
    Ok thanks. That's helpful.
    Will update once if I have anything to report back

8. AnonymousAnas
    Froyo Mar 26, 2021

AnonymousAnas , Mar 26, 2021 :
    You live in India, right?
    Well..FYI, the Oneplus 9 pro launched in US for around 970 dollars.
    In India, although the prices are kept a little lower compared to US market (64,999) roughly around 900 USD...they excluded some features like the no. of 5G antennas (or something like that) to compensate for that.

Coming to Oneplus 7 Pro, it was launched around 50k INR.
    How is that supposed to be a midrange device at that time?
    When you could get a Galaxy S10 for 56k INR around the time 7 Pro was launched. Let alone the comparison between them.
    I also live in India and the last time I checked something around 30k INR was considered a midrange segment.
    So, either you're living a decade ahead of us where 1000 USD phones are categorised in the midrange segment or you're living in denial.

fusionls and shikhan_sarkar like this.
  9. hellcat50
    Froyo Mar 26, 2021

hellcat50 , Mar 26, 2021 :
    I am rooted so this may not affect non-rooted users. Please test this and report back, thanks.

The issue is as follows: When selecting no assistant app, the rounded corners still appear and activate google assistant (although i clearly disabled it in the settings). if i select another assistant app it doesn't work. even if the apps are disabled (google and google assistant), it still appears but does nothing when the apps are disabled. In Android 10 it didn't have this issue

10. runforfun
    Gingerbread Mar 26, 2021

11. Vbj_OP_7
    Gingerbread Mar 26, 2021

Vbj_OP_7 , via OnePlus 7 , Mar 26, 2021 :
    How to make canvas work in my OnePlus 7. I selected a photo and preview was also fine...but when I apply it, it is only updating my lockscreen Wallpaper and home screen wallpaper but not on Ambient display...it is telling that your ambient display will be set to default...but it is not changing anything on Ambient display... and my ambient display has no canvas...
    How to fix?

Yunusrg likes this.
  12. kramik
    Honeycomb Mar 26, 2021

kramik , Mar 26, 2021 :
    No, I'm not a teenager, and no, I don't use the phone for work, just for my daily life.
    But I keep saying, you choose the one you prefer...

13. AlexBayon
    Cupcake Mar 26, 2021

14. B1616777837385
    Cupcake Mar 26, 2021

15. Kruzer
    Gingerbread Mar 26, 2021

Kruzer , via OnePlus 7 , Mar 26, 2021 :
    You live in India, right?
    Well..FYI, the Oneplus 9 pro launched in US for around 970 dollars.
    In India, although the prices are kept a little lower compared to US market (64,999) roughly around 900 USD...they excluded some features like the no. of 5G antennas (or something like that) to compensate for that.

Coming to Oneplus 7 Pro, it was launched around 50k INR.
    How is that supposed to be a midrange device at that time?
    When you could get a Galaxy S10 for 56k INR around the time 7 Pro was launched. Let alone the comparison between them.
    I also live in India and the last time I checked something around 30k INR was considered a midrange segment.
    So, either you're living a decade ahead of us where 1000 USD phones are categorised in the midrange segment or you're living in denial.[/QUOTE]The phone I purchased comes in midrange as it's around 30k range so I am good in that matter

16. AnonymousAnas
    Froyo Mar 26, 2021

AnonymousAnas , Mar 26, 2021 :
    You must have purchased Oneplus 7 or maybe 7 pro after almost an year of its launch.
    I purchased 7 Pro right when it was launched and it costed my 53k (which cannot be considered a midrange budget by any mean)