OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7

1. Piseth000168
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2021

2. duraikdnl
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2021

3. UnicornZ
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2021

UnicornZ , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 27, 2021 :
    Buddy. You just bought the phone. Happy that you liked. Nothing wrong. All first time users says this. But ask any OP7 pro users here who are using from May 2019. Story will be different. Our concern is not the mobile itself. It's a great peice of hardware. No question about that. We are questioning the software support. Understand that first and argue then. Enjoy your phone.

xenover7 likes this.
  4. Z1596293157631
    Donut Mar 27, 2021

5. pritamashwani
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2021

6. stangweb
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2021

7. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Mar 27, 2021

Artemus. , Mar 27, 2021 :
    5G devices have their own updates due to the 5G radios and smaller install base.

8. Adity@2012
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2021

9. Yash Narain
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2021

Velu03 likes this.
  10. Naif12
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2021

Naif12 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 27, 2021 :
    90hz is unstable after android 11 update and when we put 60hz the lock screen gets zoomed and we cant unlock the phone forcing to restart the phone everytime and whatsapp voice messages is always playing on loudspeaker even if we are placing it to our ears...Please fix these issue or Send a rollback

Dakshvarshneya likes this.
  11. Sanjit biswad
    Eclair Mar 27, 2021

12. Yazu
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2021

13. Sanjit biswad
    Eclair Mar 27, 2021

Sanjit biswad , via OnePlus 7 , Mar 27, 2021 :
    Just reset your phone , all problem maybe gone !!

14. sam311
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2021

sam311 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 27, 2021 :
    @dsmonteiro Android 11 seems to be fluid but still there are few issues and bugs needs to be fixed ASAP.

The camera the capability of the camera is great of the quality is worse after the update. Not at all good.

15. saikiran4ever
    Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2021

saikiran4ever , Mar 27, 2021 :
    Very slow charging after 75%.

Attached Files:

16. bikashpu89
    Froyo Mar 27, 2021

17. karna11
    Eclair Mar 27, 2021

imyuraviniki143 likes this.
  18. Adi_2019
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2021

19. Abhik.b02
    Froyo Mar 27, 2021

Abhik.b02 , via OnePlus 7 , Mar 27, 2021 :
    Having used the new OOS 11 on my OnePlus 7 for a about half a day, here are my initial thoughts.

Note: I've performed a factory reset after the installation. None of the backups were restored and I did a fresh setup on the device.

1. The device is buttery smooth in general performance! Works great, IMO.
    2. 2. As much as I thought I would hate the new OS layout, I find it slowly growing on me.
    3. 3. Idle drain at night seems to be same for me. (4%). I don't have a problem with that. The network reception at my place is a bit dodgy, understand the radios have loads of work to latch on to signal. Also, I have both the SIMs active.
    4. 4. Camera performance seems to be same, maybe a slight bump in details captured in daylight shots. Haven't got to test them much! Anyway, for me, the photos will be dumped to Lightroom for post processing! I'm not worried much. The good part is I didn't experience any shutter lag as such, and the gallery app seems to be quite responsive and loads up instantly.
    5. 5. Call quality seems to be great, both through the earpiece and the loudspeaker. I don't find any decrease in earpiece volume during calls.
    6. 6. The chat bubble works for Telegram, I'm loving this android 11 feature.
    7. 7. Apologies for not able to test the charging speeds, I'm working from home these days and don't mind extra couple of minutes to fully charge the device.
    8. 8. The device did heat up during initial set-up and app indexing activities, that's normal and it quickly cooled down. I don't see any instance of elevated temperatures! I don't play games, maybe gamers have a different opinion.

9. Haptics are gone for a toss in this update. I usually keep vibration intensity in medium. Swiping gestures for back and multitasking are cheaply calibrated and gives an impression of budget handsets. The same goes for typing experience. Earlier, there used to be a solid feedback. However, haptics in toggles in settings sometimes do give a solid vibration feedback. IMO, this needs a well executed calibration in upcoming builds.

10. Ringtone volume seems fine as earlier builds. But the notification tone is tuned down too much. I usually keep the ring volumes at 50% ( don't prefer the ringtone blasting off in the room), and I can barely hear any new notification/ SMS chimes. This again needs some work. The horizon light is a sweet adition and works well, however few more seconds of flashing would be cherry on the cake!

These are somethings I noticed in limited time using the device after the clean OOS 11 installation. For the most part, it's a good update but there's still few steps to near perfect OS. Fingers crossed 🤞