OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 7T Pro and OnePlus 7T

1. sujit sah
    Eclair Mar 25, 2021

2. jrosen325
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

jrosen325 , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 25, 2021 :
    You do know you can get it anytime via the oxygen updater app...

goofnugg likes this.
  3. goofnugg
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

goofnugg , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Tried. Couldn't figure it out and I'm not abundantly tech savvy. Might be because I have a tmobile OnePlus 7t

4. jrosen325
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

So do I and I updated last night ... What are you currently running?

5. MahadyHossain
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

6. goofnugg
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

7. goofnugg
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

8. Perit0s_log1
    Froyo Mar 25, 2021

Perit0s_log1 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Since you were using gcam, is there any chance you had also rooted your phone or used magisk etc previously?

9. jrosen325
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

Looks like you didn't convert to global firmware so that's why. You'd have to do that first before you can get the updates from oneplus directly. You're at the mercy of t-mobile otherwise

goofnugg likes this.
  10. poncedeleon
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

poncedeleon , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 25, 2021 :
    So far so good. I really enjoy the new UI changes especially within the camera software which I feel is essential. I've noticed however the video playback has some stuttering issues. I would like to see smoother video in the final product. Also I feel it's time for 4K video recording to have the 5min limit removed once and for all! No excuses! The camera now days is the most important feature of any smartphone." Please continue to improve in this area". Other wise great job so far!

jim1024 likes this.
  11. goofnugg
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

goofnugg , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Makes sense

12. tarkzy
    Gingerbread Mar 25, 2021

tarkzy , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Yes to both don't see how that would break camera Hals 🤔

Perit0s_log1 likes this.
  13. Perit0s_log1
    Froyo Mar 25, 2021

Perit0s_log1 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Hmm it would be interesting to know if all people experiencing camera issues had rooted or performed other mods to their phones previously in general. That was my first thought when I heard about this bug affecting only some users and not all of 7t user base..
    Edit: Yeah I'm not sure how that would conflict with the camera hal in general as well and it's just a simple thought I had, not be taken too seriously 🙂🙂

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021

tarkzy likes this.
  14. tarkzy
    Gingerbread Mar 26, 2021

tarkzy , Mar 26, 2021 :
    Please don't blame magisk all your are going to do there is dodge the issue. Half the people asking about the camera issue don't even know what root is. The problem lies with the OnePlus software being incompatible with all variants they have messed up yet again please stop trying to blame users 😱😠.
    My phone is HD1903 standard 7t Global rom variant clean install by flashing rom then going to recovery and wiping data and cache. My camera is broken rom side not camera app.
    Will do a logcat tomorrow and ask someone who knows to take look for me and see what they think.
    Maybe l am wrong but don't think so🙄

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021

Perit0s_log1 likes this.

15. Perit0s_log1
    Froyo Mar 26, 2021

Perit0s_log1 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Mar 26, 2021 :
    Oh nah dude don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to clear OnePlus of any wrongdoings or anything like that. It's just my stupid brain trying to figure out a possible solution to a problem without having all the clues, and without spending any real effort on it. 😁😁 Anyway the two possible scenarios I had come up with were: first the possibility of OnePlus having 2 or more different variants of the camera hardware modules( I had experienced a similar thing a few years ago with Xiaomi and my redmi note 3 and its fingerprint reader and screen if I'm not mistaken) and screwing up the driver of one of them, and second the possibility of user error/intervention (rooting and modding in general). Now I don't have evidence to support any of these two theories so that's what they will probably remain, just theories of a random person on the internet. Finally when it comes to most users complaining about the camera not knowing what rooting is, I might actually agree with you. However even though they might not know what it is doesn't mean that they didn't try to do it anyway, or someone else didn't do it for them. And that complicates things even more unfortunately.. anyways I hope I didn't offend you or anything, I was simply really interested to know if any of my theories could possibly be true. 🙂

16. Maddog241
    Froyo Mar 26, 2021

Maddog241 , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 26, 2021 :
    I got the notification yesterday for OTA but I ignored it due to what I read. Today, I used Oxygen Updater app and did the update. I haven't found any real issues that others have reported. Global HD1905 in US.

Sam197 and coparooniYT like this.
  17. coparooniYT , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 26, 2021 :
    is that a 3rd-party app?

18. Maddog241
    Froyo Mar 26, 2021

coparooniYT likes this.

19. Maddog241 likes this.