OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 7T Pro and OnePlus 7T

1. VenkyRam
    Eclair Apr 13, 2021

VenkyRam , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Yeah I did the same in the last month. 2.4 works well than 5G. 5G drops very frequently than 2.4G.

2. H1593857037593
    Froyo Apr 13, 2021

H1593857037593 , Apr 13, 2021 :

3. Rishi317
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2021

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021

4. Tomas8891 likes this.

5. NazrulIslam1
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2021

6. hsy78
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2021

hsy78 , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Using OOS 11 since 2 weeks and overall, it's working fine. The battery life could be better but the few bugs I got were on the launcher which was sometimes crash and needed 2 updates to be fixed. I made a clean install between.

accuphase likes this.
  7. meshariful
    Donut Apr 13, 2021

Tomas8891 likes this.
  8. Rockstarviibes
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2021

VenkyRam likes this.
  9. Drasm19
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 13, 2021

Drasm19 , Apr 13, 2021 :
    After going through 5766 posts on this forum regarding the update, I decided to bite the bullet and update my secondary devices (OnePlus 7T/7T Pro) via Oxygen updater and see for myself how bad things could get.

I do not recommend anyone to follow my instructions and I'm not responsible if you brick your device or start a nuclear apocalypse, I'm just sharing the steps I took to update two devices (OnePlus 7T/7Tpro) that I had lying around.

I have other flagships that I use as my daily driver, hence it wasn't a risky endeavour for me, but if it's your only/primary device, I'd suggest that you wait for the update via OTA.

I will also share the instructions that I've been personally following as a ritual since my OnePlus One days, it has always ensured a smooth transition between different android versions and incremental updates.

So, how has been android 11 based on OOS 11 for me?

To be honest, I haven't seen anything to complain about. Phone isn't overheating, there's been no data loss, apps are responsive and they load fast, games are just as fast as they used to be, no issues while calling or using any third party apps, no visible lag in scrolling in social media apps.

Only few small complaints that isn't a deal breaker in my book:

1) WiFi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on 7T, I've used the suggestions (resetting network settings) given by fellow community users and now, it isn't that prevalent.
    Not to mention, I had this issue prior to upgrading to OOS11. I know this might not be the case for everyone.

2) On 7T Pro, I've seen slow charging speed after hitting 90% mark, I later discovered this to be due to "optimised charging" and things went back to normal after I disabled it.

3) SOT after my upgrading was close to 6.5 hours, after a week, it has been cycling between 6.5 to 7 hours, not very different from what I had on OOS 10
    (Bluetooth, WiFi/Mobile data and GPS kept on all the time).

4) I hate the grey "dark mode", I really hope that they fix it.

If you want to update your device and can't wait for the OTA, I highly recommend that you follow my personal 7 step procedure for updating a OnePlus device (Major/incremental):

Some of these steps might sound like an overkill to you, but I urge you to follow through, I've owned close to seven OnePlus devices and I've updated them countless times, long story short, my methods are time tested and haven't failed me so far, so here we go:

1) Make sure that your device is Atleast 80% charged. Do not skip this step.
    Keep your device close to a table fan/ or in a air conditioned room to avoid over heating during the whole process.

2) Install SD Maid (buy the pro version, if you can) app from playstore. Go to Accessibility> apps> SD Maid> enable accessibility services for SD Maid.

3) Open Quick scan on SD Maid, and when it completes the scan, hit the "run" button and let it clean your device of any large junk cache files.

4) Head to Oxygen Updater, download the update.
    After update is completed, reboot your device to recovery mode and wipe device cache once again.

5) Once the phone turns back on, Go to Settings>System update> select local update and choose the update package that you downloaded via Oxygen updater. The update process takes a bit of time, when the device asks you to hit the reboot button, do as told and wait for the reboot to complete, DO NOT PANIC, IT TAKES AROUND 10 MINUTES FOR THE REBOOT TO FINISH, so be patient, have a cup of tea in the meantime.

6) Once the device reboots, enter your pin and wait for the System to complete the update ( You can check the progess of the update from the notification panel). ONCE THE UPDATE IS COMPLETED, HEAD OVER TO RECOVERY AND WIPE CACHE ONCE AGAIN, REPEAT THIS STEP TWO MORE TIMES.

7) After wiping cache for three times, restart your phone and let it charge to 100%. In the meantime, check for app crashes, camera performance and overall responsiveness.

Once you've followed all the steps, you are ready to rock your device.

Remember, it takes usually 5-8 charging cycles for your phone to become battery efficient after a major software upgrade.
    Same goes for performance, once the hardware and OS becomes fine tuned, you should expect your device to function properly (usually takes about 2-3 hours).

If you encounter any trouble, feel free to ask for help, the key is not to panic and to keep a calm mind.

Always be respectful when you ask for help, as there are no official tech support teams/Oneplus employees on this forum, and always remember that you are being helped by fellow community members who are human beings, just like you.

Peace.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021

10. ShyleshBare
    Eclair Apr 13, 2021

ShyleshBare , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Tell me this was sarcastic 🙂

Q1517069861984 likes this.
  11. Sam197
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 13, 2021

ghostofcain likes this.
  12. VenkyRam
    Eclair Apr 13, 2021

ikrarhussain55 likes this.
  13. Rudrakshjr
    Donut Apr 13, 2021

Rudrakshjr , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 13, 2021 :
    I got the solution bro go to settings search reset then their will be an option of reset network settings reset it and then turn off you mobile....then press and hold power plus volume down button for 5 seconds their will be a option of wipe data and cache tap on that thn their will be option of 1 wipe data and cache
    2 wipe cache only click on that and then choose reboot option then your phone will be just fine ! It worked for me tried it today only.

Drasm19 likes this.
  14. VenkyRam
    Eclair Apr 13, 2021

Bro did this. It seems working fine now. There is no wifi crashing as of now. Thanks for the help.

Rudrakshjr likes this.
  15. Log1cX
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2021

Log1cX , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Wtf...In my phone 5G works well but 2.4G drops frequently...may be you are 7T pro user that's why the opposite thing happen with you. Don't worry... Hope so Oneplus will fix it very soon.

16. VenkyRam
    Eclair Apr 13, 2021

Yes I am OP 7T Pro owner

17. G_minesh_kushwaha_ePFw , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Hi team,

I feel the phone response is bit slow post new update of Android 11. Game crashes in between, touch response feels low, scrolling gives a bit lag. Also when someone calls it rings for first 4 5 seconds and then the contact number appears. Can you help me with solution.

18. juanncar13
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2021

JvdBeemt likes this.
  19. Deessandhu
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2021

Deessandhu , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 13, 2021 :
    But I am not failed to switch back to downgraded version (oxygen 10)