OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 7T Pro and OnePlus 7T

1. G1581692857466
    Eclair Apr 13, 2021

girish.bhutiya2005 likes this.
  2. pappurohit99
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2021

pappurohit99 , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 13, 2021 :
    There's a trick to rollback to OOS 10, but it involves wiping your device data. Please back up your data before attempting this

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...l-to-restore-your-device-to-oxygenos.3994835/

It worked for me

3. Nelkadge
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2021

4. AndroidManiac
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2021

rabidhamster likes this.

5. Eazy2
    Eclair Apr 13, 2021

Eazy2 , Apr 13, 2021 :
    I'm unsure if I will update when they (re)release Android 11 on this phone. I'm really happy with how it perform and works. It does all I need. So I'm curious... People that scream, complain, yada yada yada that they haven't got their update yet, when you finally get your update, how will it change how you use your phone? Will it turn into a Ferrari or something? My guess is that it will not make any difference. You will use your phone exactly the same as you do right now. You will use the same apps and do nothing new with your phone. After a few days, you will have forgotten that you have the update.

Tell me how wrong I am!!

6. RaraBunny
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2021

RaraBunny , Apr 13, 2021 :

Throughout Human history, men have found ways to keep themselves distracted.

Some choose wars, others go in search of meaning.

The point being that even if OnePlus releases a perfectly stable update, people will find something to nit pick about and then they'll fight over it.

They say that we evolved purely from Apes, I bet there were some cats in the mix as well.

7. H1593857037593
    Froyo Apr 13, 2021

H1593857037593 , Apr 13, 2021 :
    I feel the same as not bothered about latest Android version though OnePlus have stated security updates are only forthcoming to Android 11.

The current security version in OnePlus Android 10 is already out of date now so unless you're happy having a potentially insecure phone you're going to need to update to 11, like it or not.

This annoys me.

8. Eazy2
    Eclair Apr 13, 2021

Eazy2 , Apr 13, 2021 :
    About security updates. I don't say it might not be needed, but I have never heard/read (I have not actively searched for it) about someone had their Android phone hacked, so i wonder how common this is? I know people using Android Kitkat o_O. Only way I see a regular person have their phone hacked is if they sideload apks, but that would be that person to blame if they got hacked. Security updates is needed!!, but I think people exaggerate the importance of security updates.

cookie_drummer likes this.
  9. R1601923270107
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2021

R1601923270107 , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Still didn't receive the stable OxygenOs 11 update on OnePlus 7t. When is it going to be released via ota for all?

10. H1593857037593
    Froyo Apr 13, 2021

H1593857037593 , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Yes I'm sure your right and as long as you keep updated legit apps on your phone then risks are low.
    Those risks increase over time though and with other options available I'll be looking to those I imagine before too long.

11. sdimitrije
    Eclair Apr 13, 2021

sdimitrije , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Software is a part of the device. Applications evolve through time, and the device needs to stay relevant for a number of years, through software updates.
    Exploits are discovered constantly, and new versions of system software provide some protection against them.
    We don't live in the '90s anymore - new software technologies are equally important as the hardware that houses it.
    People are rightfully pissed of that a critical aspect of a product they paid a lot of money for is an afterthought. We use these devices daily, and they need to be reliable. OnePlus makes them more unreliable as time passes, while the competition does the opposite. It's your choice what you value. If you prefer unstable, broken and featureless software of dubious architecture - great, you picked an ideal company.
    I want a product that will remain relevant for longer, won't make me doubt it's reliability (alarm clock bugs anyone?) and will positively evolve in keeping with industry standards. I can't think of a single company that has regressed as much as OnePlus. Samsung is consistently on an upward trajectory, both in hardware and software. Xiaomi is doing absolutely wild things with their new phones, and while the software is not exactly polished, the depth of customization options is a nice tradeoff. Hell, even google is fixing their previous mistakes. What is OP offering? Completely underutilized hardware, inconsistent UI, and bugs that haven't been fixed for YEARS. They are so far under the rug that they probably never will.
    The oneplus "watch" perfectly demonstrates their philosophy and work ethics. We are expected to buy stuff that is broken on release, and wait for them to fix it in the coming years? While others release an actual working product which they then further improve. No thanks. I'll give my money to serious businesses.

12. Praveen723
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2021

Praveen723 , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Backup data. download the roll back package from os 11 open beta 1 thread depending upon your region and install it manually.

then download latest stable os10 build from official website or other sources and install over it. Factor reset after installation is complete.

You r now on latest os 10 stable which is near to perfect build available so far.

13. Praveen723
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2021

Praveen723 , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 13, 2021 :
    This totally sums it up. OnePlus no more cares or listens to customers the way they used to do (one of my friend is still using oneplus 5 and at that time he was really happy with regular software updates and snappy skin).

14. Baccio
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2021

Baccio , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Thanks!

15. HarshaKasi7
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2021

16. Aaron2017
    KitKat Apr 13, 2021

Aaron2017 , Apr 13, 2021 :
    That's for the nord N10, that's a different series than the "standard" nord.

Sam197 likes this.
  17. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 13, 2021

ghostofcain , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Go back to the OB1 thread and READ the OP, the instructions are really very simple, if you are getting the downgrade message you are not flashing the version you've been told to.

18. Aswin08
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2021

M1576176736678, Drasm19 and bplesa like this.