OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 7T Pro and OnePlus 7T

1. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 13, 2021

ghostofcain , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Go back to the OB1 thread and READ the OP, the instructions are really very simple, if you are getting the downgrade message you are not flashing the version you've been told to.

2. Aswin08
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2021

M1576176736678, Drasm19 and bplesa like this.
  3. Drasm19
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 13, 2021

Drasm19 , Apr 13, 2021 :

Security updates are vital.

Even if you download all your apps from playstore, you can't be sure that they are all safe.
    On average, Google finds atleast 20-30 malware infected apps on playstore everyday.

Some popular devlopers have gotten greedy in the past and injected their apps with malware and spyware. (ES file explorer, DU apps, Cheetah mobile software, UC Browser and CamScanner to name a few)

Only apps with significant number of downloads makes the headlines.

Google's Security updates have gotten very effective in last couple of years in tackling these threats.

This, coupled with the fact that more and more financial/banking apps are relying on these updates to make transaction environment safer is reason enough to take security updates seriously.

As someone in this thread explained, some banking apps check for your phone's security status, and refuse to log you in until you update your security patch to the latest available version.

I don't mind not having the latest and greatest software features, as long as I'm getting regular monthly security patches.
    This is one place where OnePlus really struggles and Samsung/Pixel shines.

Hope this helps you to understand the significance of monthly security patches.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021

4. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 13, 2021

ghostofcain , Apr 13, 2021 :
    So people claim, I haven't seen stories of hordes of unpatched no name phones, bereft of up to date patches, though. Care to share some?

Not at all, serious bugs should be patched at once! Monthly patches are a sop to counter apples up-to-date security regimen.

5. bplesa
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2021

bplesa , Apr 13, 2021 :
    It is a bit surprising, not that the product is bad, but that the "reviewers" are saying it!
    Usually they are the first to recommend the OP devices for their "good price, good (LOL) software, timely (LOL) updates".
    Apart from the hardware (except camera), not many good things about OP, not the devices to "Settle" with.
    And for the first time it makes sense to me: "Never Settle" for the previous version, get the next one!
    I will surely not "settle" with an OP device though. Never again

bhattpratik likes this.
  6. Aswin08
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2021

Aswin08 , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Reviewers are not going to hide the Oneplus's fall for long.

MKHBD's camera software comparison between Mi 11 ultra vs OP9 Pro shows how OnePlus is trying to sell below average stuff for a huge price through extreme marketing.

OP9 Pro has a terrible camera shutter lag and average quality while OnePlus is portraying it as a camera beast at a ridiculous price.

The sad thing is there is no good alternative to OnePlus phones currently with similar OxygenOS experience.

bplesa likes this.
  7. Oksygen
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2021

Oksygen , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 13, 2021 :
    The same question has been asked in this thread hundreds of times. Read the 2-3 last pages, maybe you learn something new.

ghostofcain likes this.
  8. bplesa
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2021

bplesa , Apr 13, 2021 :
    That's what I meant to say. The hardware is decent, except the camera. The screen, the charging, even the slider are ok, but the camera is as bad as it gets.
    On the software front, I've never been a fan of Oxygen OS, mainly due to very bad support, but you are right it is / was the closest to a clean Android. This was the only reason I chose to get the OP7T instead the Samsung note 10. Now I think that was a big mistake.
    ... But, as it happened with OP, there is still the possibility that all these reports about Samsung updating lots of devices are as true as the story that OP7T has a stable Android 11 update 🤣. I'll know better in about a year[e]1f609[/e]

bhattpratik likes this.
  9. rupankardey13 , via OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition , Apr 14, 2021 :
    Gallery app is super laggy , everytime I open the app, it refresh every time and count the pictures 😑 cleared cache once, no difference. Another thing is,McLaren boot animation, I guess the quality is decreasing with every update. Battery usage increased and less SOT as well.

Yadnyesh_mandlik likes this.
  10. King_Waz
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2021

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021

11. V1577762668908
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2021

12. Sanyamfar
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2021

13. Q1595954016286
    Froyo Apr 14, 2021

14. ashudev360
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2021

GarikOnePlus likes this.
  15. AndroidManiac
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2021

AndroidManiac , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 14, 2021 :
    Bah humbug I say to you my good friend. I for one pledge to change the world with my new updated device. All I need is the update to proceed.

But, seriously, how about a gosh darn security update patch P L E A S E!!!! THAT IS ALLLLLLLLL I really really really really really really wouldn't mind .

Just security update me properly and I STFU.

WHERE'S MY SECURITY PATCH(S)????????????????

STILL ON JANUARY... NOT HAPPY - NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

NeverSecurityPatch

H1593857037593 and Vishal_Zadte like this.
  16. ktk89
    Honeycomb Apr 14, 2021

ktk89 , Apr 14, 2021 :

U were surely the cat to stay on this forum even if It is utterly useless...damn

B k, bplesa and JeevaOnePlus like this.
  17. Nixios
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2021

18. Rishi317
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2021

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021

19. Yadnyesh_mandlik
    Donut Apr 14, 2021