OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8

1. 222onetwo
    Honeycomb Oct 26, 2020

222onetwo , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 26, 2020 :
    I don't know man they say that before it was there and now the update is suddenly gone so what can i say after listening them .

Shourya_Shashank likes this.
  2. sabersoul1217
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2020

sabersoul1217 , Oct 26, 2020 :
    I know it's probably been asked (but 263 pages is a lot to go through without a good search feature) but will the update work on the Verizon OnePlus 8 5G UW or when it will be released for that device OTA?

3. Panda_Learns
    Gingerbread Oct 26, 2020

Panda_Learns , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 26, 2020 :
    It's a good pace bad update.
    Battery life is way down. I am running at 1080p and 60hz and just getting 4-5 hours SOT. Android 10 gave me 7 hours. Well, that and I cannot update apps. Asphalt 9. MS office, OP Gallery, Injustice 2 are few which don't get updated. I have tried with a clean machine. (Wiped cache +data) same issue after installing.

I understand it would take few more weeks to sort out the issues (being holiday schedule and all). It's not like phone is unusable, so I don't mind. Would love to have these issues fixed. Phones are complex devices, so such smalls issues are good enough bench mark.

cls55 likes this.
  4. AnnaB345
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2020

AnnaB345 , Oct 26, 2020 :
    Why is there so much space between the title and the actual "stuff" in apps like Settings, Text message, and Gallery? The title is too big and then there's just this huge space of nothing. Is this a customizable setting? If it's not - please make it one. Because this looks hideous and I did not buy a phone with a big screen because I wanted empty spaces on it.

Attached Files:

5. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Oct 26, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 26, 2020 :
    It will come when Verizon release it, your updates are down to the carrier not OnePlus.

6. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Oct 26, 2020

One handed use requires this space due to people with midget hands.

7. The_Chosen_One914 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 26, 2020 :
    OOS 11 STABLE SERIOUS GREEN TINT IN LOW BRIGHTNESS ON LOCK SCREEN IT WAS FINE ON THE BETA SO I JUST WANTED TO POINT THAT OUT THIS STABLE RELEASES SO BROKEN THERE'S A LOT OF BUGS I FEEL LIKE THIS WAS SO RUSHED

8. Saurabh_002
    Gingerbread Oct 26, 2020

Saurabh_002 , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 26, 2020 :
    Why Oneplus is moving away from near stock android with Oxygen Os 11. They copying One UI . Oneplus known for near stock android experience and smooth,clean experience . Why they add junk in UI. One plus loose their track with Oxygen Os 11.

9. Nitingup00
    Eclair Oct 26, 2020

10. FlugzeugSK , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 26, 2020 :
    well, we can only guess why Carl Pei leaved the company...
    Oxygen os change,
    beta program reduced,
    buggy Oxygen OS without any update released
    some cheap nonsense phones no one needs released...

i dont like the direction Oneplus is taking...

i purchased something, that is moving to something completely different.

sad sad story...

11. kpangercic
    Froyo Oct 26, 2020

12. FNunes
    Eclair Oct 26, 2020

FNunes , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 26, 2020 :
    Please fiz the bug that restart the smartphone because of bugs. After the uptade has been terribel experience. I am thinking this would be my last oneplus.

13. Shahenyans
    Donut Oct 26, 2020

Shahenyans , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 26, 2020 :
    Hi thear i have android 11 but..
    1-battry not Good.
    2-crashing app likes Facebook and Gmail.
    3-blootooth conaction it's not like android10

14. Zubair.k
    Gingerbread Oct 26, 2020

Zubair.k , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 26, 2020 :
    DO NOT UPDATE TO ANDROID 11. UNTILL A COMPLETELY STABLE UPDATE COMES.
    ONEPLUS'S DEVELOPERS PUT MORE ATTENTION ON GAMING. THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH PRODUCTIVITY. IT ALL IS JUST THE GAME OF NUMBER'S (benchmark).

AND I ALWWYS FIND SOME ONEPLUS'S A**... LICKERS IN EVERY THREAD REPLYING MOCKINGLY TO COMMON PEOPLE(VICTIM) WHO REPORT BUGS.
    THESE A** LICKERS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH BUGS. THEY JUST WANT TO WIN THE NEXT ONEPLUS EVERY YEAR.

cls55, Shourya_Shashank and shwongdi like this.
  15. Zubair.k
    Gingerbread Oct 26, 2020

Zubair.k , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 26, 2020 :
    It was my first. But last. I thought samsung was bad because they had slow user experience. But after switching to OnePlus I realised that samsung may be slow but they had no bugs.
    Well I am not promoting any company it's just that for years I have used samsung .
    What I hoped from OnePlus was just a smooth experience in calling, messaging, social media and music. There is always a bug in every third app except games. So basically this phone is just for games. So beware if you are not interested in just games then don't buy OnePlus.

Shourya_Shashank and roserosh like this.
  16. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Oct 26, 2020

I don't think anyone would disagree that this update for the majority of people is terrible, they can't even make it compatible with their own apps.

17. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Oct 26, 2020

Even games have bugs so it's not a phone for gamers either.

18. FNunes
    Eclair Oct 26, 2020

They put more attention to send out oneplus 8T than to improve their UI.

shwongdi likes this.
  19. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Oct 26, 2020

Always the way, they will always pay more attention to the new phone as it is that they are trying to sell

FNunes likes this.
  20. FNunes
    Eclair Oct 26, 2020

My Next phone probably won't be an Oneplus. This is my first and last. They need to improve a lot.

Zubair.k and B3nno like this.