OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8

1. Neeraj.ku.yadav
    Eclair Oct 27, 2020

2. Ján Hirner
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2020

3. Jamy23
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Oct 27, 2020

Jamy23 , Oct 27, 2020 :
    We would like to check this further and have got in touch with you via personal conversation for more details and would request you to respond the same.

Regards,
    Jamy

4. Bianca_C
    Donut Oct 27, 2020

Bianca_C , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Got update via oxygen updater last week and ever since i got problems with the oneplus launcher not responding and sometimes my phone just randomly restarts itself

FNunes likes this.
  5. Jamy23

Jamy23 , Oct 27, 2020 :

It would be our pleasure to resolve the issue that you are facing. We have dropped you a message for more details required to get this sorted out. Hope you would get back to us at the earliest.

Regards,
    Jamy

6. W1576853702525
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2020

W1576853702525 , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 27, 2020 :
    I recently buy oneplus 8 (green) module, past week i got the android 11 OS update, after (Android 11)update my fingerprint scanner totally not working, this fingerprint scanner issue many be bugs or any device issue? i can't find, yesterday i do factory reset also, still same issue in my oneplus 8 so please help me solution oneplus team..i'll spend lot of money in this device, i'll so disappointment on this device..

7. MrGRV
    Donut Oct 27, 2020

MrGRV , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 27, 2020 :
    I m tired of Oxygen OS 11 , please guys bring our older Oxygen os back bcoz this new os has lots of bugs and glitches , sometimes launcher hangs automatically and I am playing PUBG and have continued framedrops in 90 fps and there is a buzz sound sometimes while Playing . Please fix these in upcoming update

8. MrGRV
    Donut Oct 27, 2020

MrGRV , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Downgrade to Oxygen OS 10 , if u don't know how to do , search on YouTube . Oxygen OS 11 is only named stable but it has a tons of bugs and glitches.

shwongdi and W1576853702525 like this.
  9. cls55
    Froyo Oct 27, 2020

10. IamNadii
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2020

11. cls55
    Froyo Oct 27, 2020

IamNadii likes this.
  12. Ján Hirner
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2020

Ján Hirner , Oct 27, 2020 :
    You can go back to Android 10 from 11 by downgrade. read:
    Make sure you follow the instructions in the first post of the Open Beta 1 thread (included below) and download the correct version for your device/region. Also, as stated in the instructions, roll back will wipe your device, so back everything up first.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...eplus-8-series.1296568/page-214#post-22148701

Note: OBT is open beta, MP is Android 10
    OBT to MP rollback guide—via Local OTA update
    Note: This upgrade method will erase all the contents of the phone, please be sure to backup first
    1. Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server
    2. Copy the Rollback package to the phone's internal storage, and remove the '.jar' file name extension if present so that the file ends in '.zip'
    3. Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%
    4. After the upgrade is complete, click Restart
    5. Update successful

Want to go back to MP? Download the Rollback package from the links below:
    Download links for OnePlus 8:
    OnePlus 8 NA Version
    OnePlus 8 IN Version
    OnePlus 8 EU Version

Download links for OnePlus 8 Pro:
    OnePlus 8 Pro NA Version
    OnePlus 8 Pro IN Version
    OnePlus 8 Pro EU Version

Tee_Eee_Bee likes this.
  13. Nick086
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2020

Nick086 , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Any idea how to sort out proximity sensor issue I am facing since the update? The screen doesn't go off while on a call. Help if possible.

14. Jamy23

Jamy23 , Oct 27, 2020 :

We would like to check this further and have got in touch with you via personal conversation for more details and would request you to respond the same.

Regards,
    Jamy

15. shwongdi
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2020

shwongdi , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 27, 2020 :
    It's best to stay on Oxygen OS 10 for now as the new update is honestly the crappiest ota I've ever seen. Idk what OnePlus's goal is here but it feels like they're moving away so far from their originality and uniqueness. The whole brand is turning into another mainstream Chinese smartphone company.

In regards to the new OS, I'm seeing about 90% of the people in this thread and around the internet complain about the overall problems and issues being faced after the update but I haven't noticed OnePlus acknowledging anyone yet. This company is supposedly good at solving customer problems and provides good support, but ever since the update was released their approach to fixes has been a horrid experience. I personally have messaged and contacted OnePlus support but they all seem to either give the same answer to every problem or they just don't respond at all. The number of times I've contacted and submitted feedbacks to any one of the support staff, the answer I've gotten always was "reset your device cache", or something similar in terms of that.

I RECKON WE CALL OUT ONEPLUS ON THEIR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES AND START TO RAISE SOME PUBLIC CONCERNS. IF YOU GUYS HAVE A TWITTER ACCOUNT, PLS GO AHEAD AND RAISE YOUR VOICE AGAINST THEIR POOR SUPPORT AND ABSOLUTE NEGLIGENCE ON CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. CALL THEM OUT AND TAG THEM ON TWITTER, FB, AND EVEN YOUTUBE IF YOU GOT A CHANNEL! OUR VOICES NEED TO BE HEARD.

Kudos [e]270c[/e]🏼

16. Jamy23

Jamy23 , Oct 27, 2020 :

Regards,
    Jamy

17. GaryWall
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2020

GaryWall , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Just played PUBG with my OP8 and OOS11 and it is as smooth as it ever was with OOS10. Now with the OP Gallery app updated I can not find a single thing to complain about.

MrGRV likes this.
  18. Siddhant_SP
    Froyo Oct 27, 2020

Siddhant_SP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Yes nobody has acknowledged the fact that the update has bugs . Atleast they should have come out with a reply saying that the update has bugs. It's seems nobody is interested in solving the problem.

shwongdi likes this.

19. LordBeggar
    Honeycomb Oct 27, 2020