OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro

1. DrAshique
    Cupcake Jan 31, 2021

DrAshique , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 31, 2021 :
    I have found the overall user experience to be quite fluid. But video playback on MX Player is faulty and I am not being able to stream or download HD/Full HD on Amazon Prime Video. That's quite a bummer. Also, I would really like to request to add that overlay screen roation button when using bottom navigation (OnePlus' own navigation gesture). That used to be a great help.

yashu0069 and Noah.venn like this.
  2. Sourav._.Pradhan
    Gingerbread Jan 31, 2021

Sourav._.Pradhan , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 31, 2021 :
    You should factory reset your phone once android 11 for better performance.

3. emiliano.sune
    Eclair Jan 31, 2021

emiliano.sune , Jan 31, 2021 :
    Is anyone else experiencing issues with the lock screen? In particular, when the screen goes to sleep the lock screen scaling will be completely off, displaying about 2/3 of the screen and making it impossible to unlock the phone or use it - see here.

I managed to unlock the screen using a screen mirroring over USB and the display scaling remains completely wrong also on the home screen (on the phone, it displays correctly on the mirrored window).

This is so frustrating, it makes using the phone almost impossible since it will be needing a reboot most times it needs unlocking.

4. W1612123854829
    Cupcake Jan 31, 2021

the_reckoner and prajwal@rahul like this.
  5. prajwal@rahul
    Froyo Jan 31, 2021

prajwal@rahul , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 31, 2021 :
    U can change it in developer options under drawing, smallest width.

Lukersik likes this.
  6. W1612123854829
    Cupcake Jan 31, 2021

prajwal@rahul likes this.
  7. E1560234639291
    Cupcake Jan 31, 2021

sicfallacy, the_reckoner and NateDev like this.
  8. intaj935
    Cupcake Jan 31, 2021

9. Artemus
    Community Hero 2020 Jan 31, 2021

10. intaj935
    Cupcake Jan 31, 2021

11. Artemus
    Community Hero 2020 Jan 31, 2021

Artemus , Jan 31, 2021 :
    What do you have now?

12. Sourav._.Pradhan
    Gingerbread Jan 31, 2021

13. NateDev
    Honeycomb Jan 31, 2021

NateDev , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 31, 2021 :
    Report them using the feedback section of the Community app.

14. Microcough
    Froyo Jan 31, 2021

Microcough , Jan 31, 2021 :
    Have you even tried to answer that question your self? It clearly says on first page:

Known issues
    • Potential risks of increased power consumption and instability.

And if you had read through the pages, literally every second page it is mentioned by someone who was unable to read either.

smh

Jav P likes this.
  15. SlimJim67 , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 1, 2021 :
    I wouldn't download the upgrade beta because it doesn't work on the 7 plus pro or it doesn't know mine the screen just flashes constantly and freezes up I try two different times I had to reload everything on my phone I like 11 because I have another phone with it on there but the data version is not working on my phone

16. Microcough
    Froyo Feb 1, 2021

Microcough , Feb 1, 2021 :
    IMHO 1+ needs to rethink the open beta in general.

Back in the days when the brand focused more around enthusiasts, this wasn't much of a problem.
    I remember when I joined the forums for the first time. I was able to learn so much from other people who had way more knowledge about rooting and flashing or Android in general and shared their experience.

Nowadays, since 1+ tried to push more and more into consumer markets, the forum is flooded by people who mostly complain about things not working, without even trying to understand or willing/being able to read what other people wrote including official posts made by 1+.

I read almost every page on this thread because I'm still uncertain if I want to try the beta or just wait are few more weeks. Those who dirty flashed the beta seem like to have problems with screen flashing, wifi or some (3rd party) apps. Also Widevine can cause troubles. But those who made a clean wipe after (which I'd be perfectly fine with) seem to have less, if any, problems.

I have no idea how people like Artemus, akks, Sourav or gdsingh (among others) are even able to stay sane in here. I already feel like some masochist by reading through new posts every other day to get an idea if I really want to take the risk, as my phone runs just perfect the way it is.

I'm glad that 1+ provides some sort of open beta to people who are likely to know what they are doing but reading that some people don't know how to get into beta nor how to get back to stable or that they risk in losing data that isn't backed up, and then asking here the same questions again and again. (Some of them weren't even able to wait for the oxygen beta but flashed hydrogen instead and complained about chinese apps on their phones. Asking for a way to get back into oxygen. That's hilarious..) I'm not sure if an open beta that is just publically available to every customer is really a good thing anymore.

If I was to propose an improvement the downloads should be hidden behind some questions or only provided to users on the forum with a certain post level or smth. Updating the first post with feedback wouldn't help, I'm afraid, as people tend not to read those properly anyway.

kramik and sicfallacy like this.
  17. G1594393280034
    Cupcake Feb 1, 2021

18. Microcough
    Froyo Feb 1, 2021

Microcough , Feb 1, 2021 :
    The phone getting hot was already mentioned by a few people, so I consider this some known issue. If you really want to help - read Feedback Tool - Let's improve OxygenOS together - OnePlus Community and provide feedback to the devs directly. This is a customer forum, mostly made for customers to share information or have discussions between customers - Essentially it's not read by 1+ people.

sicfallacy likes this.
  19. avslanch707
    Honeycomb Feb 1, 2021

avslanch707 , Feb 1, 2021 :
    When do I get stable OS11 ?? 🤐