OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro

1. L1572455631723
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2021

2. Shazaibbhat33
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2021

Shazaibbhat33 , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 29, 2021 :
    Well first things first the new update is outstanding. It didn't wipe my data which is excellent. Surely comes with bugs and a lot of them. My 7t lags which is crazy because OnePlus phones don't lag at all, so its a bit bizzare seeing something like this. Secondly the touch seems unresponsive while making calls the screen just freezes and the call drops after 5 6 seconds after you press the end call button. I don't see bubble notifications at all, no AOD, the screen lock takes a while sometimes. Bluetooth connectivity takes its time, sometimes you have to manually open the bluetooth and connect it with accessories. The battery drains wrap quick (see what i did there) and takes a lot of time to charge than usual. I am thinking of resetting but wouldn't that wipe my data? I am in no position to wipe the data. Please help!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021

3. VB1
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2021

VB1 , Jan 29, 2021 :
    Its a beta update so you should expect bugs in this build. Factory reset is not necessary after the update but it is recommended to provide you with seamless experience after the upgrade. Recommend you to wipe cache or go for a reset. (Do backup your data) Bubble notifications ain't working for all the apps. So its a work in progress. Regarding AOD its still on internal testing so we might expect it in the future builds. Turn off Optimised Charging in the battery section and reboot to get the device charge quickly. I did a factory reset so not facing lags or stutter in the UI. Gaming experience is slightly affected though. Do share your feedback in the appropriate section to iron out the bugs. 👍🏻

nswarnendu and Shazaibbhat33 like this.
  4. nswarnendu
    Froyo Jan 29, 2021

5. Hieminga
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2021

Hieminga , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 29, 2021 :
    Works like a charm for me. No trouble with wiped data. Don't know what everyone is talking about. Like the changes in interface.

Nickynikk likes this.
  6. X1570717455902
    Honeycomb Jan 29, 2021

X1570717455902 , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 29, 2021 :
    Resetting is the only way and frankly you should do it cuz It irons out most of the bugs

7. Shazaibbhat33
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2021

Shazaibbhat33 , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 29, 2021 :
    Ah man! I don't have an external source where i can save the data

8. sunhziev
    Donut Jan 29, 2021

sunhziev , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 29, 2021 :
    I upgraded to beta few days back and it is working awesome expect I am experiencing a bit faster battery draining than usual, other than that it's pretty good.
    NOTE: It didn't wipe anything from my phone, those who experienced it must see if there was any other issue.
    Happy to provide any further information if anyone needs it.

Hieminga likes this.
  9. sunhziev
    Donut Jan 29, 2021

sunhziev , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 29, 2021 :
    Yes you are right about this, it takes longer than usual to both shutdown and start. Previously it used to take less than 10 seconds each to shutdown and start but now it's taking around 18-20 seconds each for starting and shutting.

nswarnendu likes this.
  10. Rakesh_Jay
    Donut Jan 29, 2021

11. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jan 29, 2021

ghostofcain , Jan 29, 2021 :
    Clear cache and app data in chrome, restart device.

T1609019079004 likes this.
  12. Rakesh_Jay
    Donut Jan 29, 2021

Rakesh_Jay , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 29, 2021 :
    1611904065811.jpg
    I did it, now it opens like this, before the update it was perfect! Help me please

13. philos64
    Community Hero 2020 Jan 29, 2021

philos64 , Jan 29, 2021 :
    Pfft don't use Chrome !
    Brave and Opera browsers are much better for your privacy and for all the rest.
    No problem after the update.

ghostofcain likes this.
  14. TahirSY
    Froyo Jan 29, 2021

TahirSY , Jan 29, 2021 :
    Hey everyone,

I am the person with hard of hearing and bought Oneplus 7T pro 5 months ago.

The Live caption function is working great with Oneplus 7T pro with most apps like Youtube and others.

However, the issue here I owned Pixel 3A XL device and there is a very useful option or function on the live caption settings for hard of hearing and deaf people can easily communicate via phone call with normal people called Caption calls.

3 days ago, I update my Oneplus 7T pro to Beta 1 and I was expected the Oneplus OS with recent Android 11 the provide the same full Live caption settings like Pixel OS. However, there is no option on my phone called Caption calls in Live caption settings.

For the whole 5 months, I can't use my new phone without this option because of my hard of hearing during many calls and This is a very important option or function needed to be added in Oneplus OS before releasing Beta 2.

I have made an example video explaining the Caption calls option on Pixel vs Oneplus for understanding. Also, I added a screenshot of the Live caption settings for Pixel 3A XL and Oneplus 7T Pro in the attachment below.

I hope the Oneplus developers to add or activate Caption calls option as soon as possible.

Attached Files:

WFred likes this.
  15. ASHOKWARRIOR
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2021

16. L1602462321453
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2021

17. Neitred , via OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition , Jan 29, 2021 :
    Use the feedback button

VB1 and ghostofcain like this.
  18. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jan 29, 2021

ghostofcain , Jan 29, 2021 :
    When it's stable

Coming? It's here you can download it from this very thread.

Neitred likes this.