OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 8T

1. Abdul B.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Mar 19, 2021

Abdul B. , Mar 19, 2021 :
    Hey everyone,

Here is the latest open beta build for the OnePlus 8T

Please bear in mind that this is beta software and, as such, may be less stable than stable MP builds. If you are installing this build, we highly recommend you make a full system back-up before proceeding.

Key updates
    • System
      • OnePlus account now can be registered with the phone number in more countries or regions
      • Optimized the startup speed of some apps to improve the user experience
      • Fixed the noise issue of 5G calls
      • Fixed the issue that the fingerprint pattern is not displayed on the screen (OP8 series only)
      • Fixed the issue that WhatsApp cannot receive messages when it is in the background for a long time
      • Fixed the issue in which the "Turn on automatically" in Dark Mode is disabled after the system update
      • Fixed the disappearing issue with the animation of the voice assistant wake-up gesture
      • Fixed the issue that no caller ID is displayed from the favorite contacts in Do Not Disturb mode
      • Fixed the issue that the Setting interface displays abnormally under the split screen of call forwarding
      • Fixed the flash issue with the Quick Reply in Landscape
      • Fixed the issue that the status bar is displayed abnormally when using split-screen with the Chrome
      • Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
      • Updated Android security patch to 2021.03
    • Camera
      • Newly added time watermark (Go to: Camera - Settings - Shot on OnePlus watermark - Time)
      • Gallery
      • Fixed the issue in which pictures are not displayed in the Gallery after they are copied to the DCIM category
      • Fixed the issue that the Nearby Share button may disappear when using Google Photos
    • Bluetooth
      • Fixed the issue that the SCENARIO-BASED ENHANCEMENT switch is not displayed in the settings when OnePlus Buds is connected to the phone
      • Fixed the issue that the device cannot be searched by other Bluetooth devices
      • Fixed the issue of the incomplete dialog box displayed in landscape mode
      • Fixed known issues with the SMS to improve functional stability (OP8 series only)
    • Clock
      • Improved the touch range of stopwatch buttons and improved the user experience
    • Ambient Display
      • Fixed the issue in which the AOD displays the wrong time sequence after setting up some languages as system languages
      • Fixed the issue with AOD that the screen may flash when unlocking with fingerprint
      • Fixed the issue with AOD that the screen may display red in some scenes
      • Fixed the issue of blurred lines in AOD
    • Network
      • Fixed the failure issue with Wi-Fi
    • Zen Mode
      • Newly added the Tide Voice Medal (Complete 3 Zen Mode challenges with white noise to win this medal)
    Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. As always, please share your feedback through https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions please refer to How to report a bug and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community app. If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.
    Do try out the new Feedback tool and if you have any questions or need help, please contact bughunters@oneplus.com.
    [​IMG]

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.

Please note:
    • If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here.
    • Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).
    Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too. We are watching.

Never Settle.

2. dikoscilator
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2021

haya805 and Akshay_Sindhu like this.
  4. 7_Tanishq
    Eclair Mar 19, 2021

5. Waffle Toaster
    Gingerbread Mar 19, 2021

haya805, northbay5566, Paul.S and 4 others like this.
  6. Some_Random_Username
    Community Bug Hunter Mar 19, 2021

Some_Random_Username , Mar 19, 2021 :
    Allow me to provide an alternative changelog for the following points

Should be "Introduced back time watermark feature" which was not present on OB 1 due to an old APK being used whilst latest stable 11.0.7.9 APK had the feature already live. (Thanks @adhirajsinghchauhan for checking on his device after I went through strings difference). Also not mentioned, but some camera filters should be back too, since the relevant strings weren't present in OB 1 Camera APK.

version_umber.png filters.png timestamp.png timestamp_2.png

Should be "Updated old built in Gallery APK to 4.0.131 version". As of writing, latest APK on PlayStore stable track is 4.0.152 whilst beta is 4.0.167. Considering PlayStore updates are automatic, I fail to see a point at mentioning this in OxygenOS changelog since most users are most likely already on a newer version than built in one. (Thanks @Tefzors for checking on his device PlayStore stable APK version number)

version_number.png Screenshot_20210319-190314.jpg

Should be "Updated built in Zen Mode to 2.0.1.5 version". as that APK already rolled out to PlayStore stable at least two weeks ago https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...new-medals-new-challenges-new-prizes.1394953/
    version_number.png
    ---------

Other changes not mentioned:

Added back SystemUI and Settings strings related to Bitmoji AOD that were not present in OB 1. Not sure if feature is still not live though.
    bitmoji_aod_strings.png

-----------

One may wonder what is the point of presenting as new features already live/that got reintroduced as missing in OB 1, besides creating hype straight before 9-series event in order to maximise sales.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021

7. chtsarts
    Eclair Mar 19, 2021

ConnectMrMJ likes this.
  9. Akshat Sehgal
    Gingerbread Mar 19, 2021

Waffle Toaster likes this.
  10. XxvEnKaTxX
    Eclair Mar 19, 2021

11. Matteo333
    Eclair Mar 19, 2021

ConnectMrMJ likes this.
  12. ConnectMrMJ
    Gingerbread Mar 19, 2021

northbay5566 likes this.
  13. xkiddoh
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2021

xkiddoh , via OnePlus 8T , Mar 19, 2021 :
    Nice to see this but I think new stable version should ve had the priority after the first beta..its been a few days after all..not more than a month like the stable.

AashishT likes this.
  14. Some_Random_Username

FYI @dsmonteiro and @David Y. , as tag notifications don't come if post is edited

15. P1614001060469
    Cupcake Mar 19, 2021

P1614001060469 , via OnePlus 8T , Mar 19, 2021 :
    Bug with telegram notifications of the following nature. On the locked screen, a notification comes from one user, I do nothing. After that, another user writes to me, but on the locked screen I see a message from the previous user, not from another one, which should be. I tried reinstalling the app, resetting the telegram notification settings, resetting the cache - nothing helps

16. Some_Random_Username

Bug reports should go to https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/ as per OP.

17. W1609399978326
    Cupcake Mar 19, 2021

18. P1610488723312
    Cupcake Mar 19, 2021

19. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Mar 19, 2021

20. Shidapu
    Cupcake Mar 19, 2021

Shidapu , via OnePlus 8T , Mar 19, 2021 :
    Nice list of fixes. I still have font issue though, see printscreen.
    Text cut in the bottom right corner. Has to do with no bottom bar.
    Also, please be the good guys and add support for 48MP in PRO mode, that would mean OnePlus is one of the few that actually supports that, i don't know any brand supporting it. The phone has the hardware, why not use it. said:
    Thanks for the really quick updates, and i love the One hand GUI being a former Samsung user, was really surprised to see that available after the switch from S10.
    Keep it up Oneplus. 👍 You have my respect so far.
    1616186645829.jpg

santy__ likes this.