OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 8T

1. Abdul B.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Apr 25, 2021

Abdul B. , Apr 25, 2021 :
    Hey everyone,

We're now releasing Open Beta 4 for the OnePlus 8T. For those wondering about OBT3, this build rollout was halted shortly after its release. You can update from either OBT2 or OBT3 without any issues.

Please bear in mind that this is beta software and, as such, may be less stable than stable MP builds. If you are installing this build, we highly recommend you make a full system back-up before proceeding.

Key updates
    • System
      • Fixed the issue that some app's fonts are displayed abnormally after setting customized fonts
      • Fixed the small probability issue where the status bar cannot be pulled down
      • Fixed the small probability issue where the status bar does not display app icons
      • Fixed the issue that the missed calls are not displayed in the notification bar
      • Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
      • Fixed the small probability issue where recording audio with headphones may not work as expected
      • Fixed known issues
      • Updated Android security patch to 2021.04
    • Camera
      • Fixed the small probability issue that the previewed photos are flickering under the photo mode
    • Calculator
      • Fixed the abnormal display with the calculator under the split screen
    • Ambient Display
      • Fixed the issue that the contextual information of AOD is not updated timely
      • Fixed the issue that the ambient display is switched to Canvas after the device owner is changed
      • Fixed the issue with AOD that the time is displayed abnormally when the system language is Hebrew
    • OnePlus Games
      • Newly added the Data Monitor feature, you can find it in the Game Toolbox and monitor the FPS/CPU/GPU changes in real-time
    • Gallery
      • Improved the loading speed of the gallery to speed up the process of previewing pictures
    Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. As always, please share your feedback through https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions please refer to How to report a bug and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community app. If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.
    Do try out the new Feedback tool and if you have any questions or need help, please contact bughunters@oneplus.com.
    [​IMG]

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.

Please note:
    • If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here.
    • Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).
    Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too. We are watching.

Never Settle.

2. abhijit2612_
    Eclair Apr 25, 2021

abhijit2612_ , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 25, 2021 :
    The update is good... But the main thing is battery is poor in oos11. Do something regarding battery drain. Overall experience is good .. just pitch black dark theme missing and battery backup is poor as compared to 4500 mAh battery. I hope you'll fix these issues.

3. abhijit2612_
    Eclair Apr 25, 2021

abhijit2612_ , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 25, 2021 :
    And one more issue is that sound is not that loud. Sound need to be a little more loud... Please oneplus fix this... It doesn't feel like 8T have dolby .. much hope with you

4. Arzzan_Daji , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Apr 25, 2021 :
    Thanks for the update, but what about the Bitmoji AOD. We still haven't received the feature which was promised when the phone was launched almost 6 months earlier. What could be the reason for the delay?

5. erez_biton
    Donut Apr 25, 2021

MTH_SAJAL, ehsan1995 and abhijit2612_ like this.
  6. X1604427652628
    Donut Apr 25, 2021

8. hitesh_jagdish
    Eclair Apr 25, 2021

hitesh_jagdish , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 25, 2021 :
    I understand bro , as being 7T user
    But I wonder does mentioning uha colour of the phone , gets extra privilege !

9. Blu_Spark
    Eclair Apr 25, 2021

Blu_Spark , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 25, 2021 :
    Good lord guys. You guys come on here and complain about your issues. You realize these are betas right? The purpose is to report these bugs that you are experiencing with the steps you took to reproduce the errors in question. Betas are bound to have issues.. More or so than stable ones. Not that stables are perfect by any means. The fact that bi monthly updates are a good thing.
    In case you all have noticed. When a new device launches with one plus. They have a shit ton of bugs and they release 3 or 4 updates. To hot fix serious issues.
    I'm not saying this is excusable but this is what one plus seems to do.
    They don't seem like they have enough people or resources to make the deadline to push new os updates.
    These betas are playgrounds for bug fixes and new features to test with. Some of these changes do make it to the stable builds.
    The fact that the bi monthly stable updates are a good thing.
    I would rather wait 2 months for a stable build where they have had time to iron out bugs and give me a polished update that works really well. No software is free of bugs.
    Believe it or not. One plus does listen to its users. Just take the steps to learn how to report bugs. It's a two way street. That's why these beta programs exist. To source out help without putting in so much money internally and they can speed up the process.

10. Nikhil_Bhilai
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2021

Nikhil_Bhilai , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 25, 2021 :
    Is the battery SOT resetting at 90% or not?? It used to happen earlier on 11.0.5. update and it has been disabled since 11.0.6 update, the battery SOT now is only resetting on 100% charge

11. GirishSL
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2021

12. Jaimykooijman
    Donut Apr 25, 2021

ehsan1995 and AussieAndy like this.
  13. Paul_PL
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2021

Dynameus, ehsan1995, elio55 and 3 others like this.
  14. RonakPawar15
    Froyo Apr 25, 2021

ehsan1995 likes this.
  15. X1604427652628
    Donut Apr 25, 2021

ehsan1995 and Viktor Kovacik like this.
  16. Matteo333
    Eclair Apr 25, 2021

Matteo333 , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 25, 2021 :
    This function would make the 8T kinda perfect. But I remember that they won't do this. Danger of burning in which I can't believe that there ain't a solution to this. Have to use AodNotify as workaround. No burning in, no battery drain...

enjot and ehsan1995 like this.
  17. ArturSantos83
    Eclair Apr 25, 2021

ArturSantos83 , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 25, 2021 :
    If I'm honest, I don't see them fixing this issue, which is very annoying... Still, here's a little tip (not ideal but it works): when above 90%, turn off the phone and turn it on again. This will reset the SOT stats ;) take care!

18. Nikhil_Bhilai
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2021

Nikhil_Bhilai , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 25, 2021 :
    Maybe, they have disabled this feature intentionally...or we should report about this bug (if it is) to them, they may rectify it in future... restarting the phone after 90% of charge seems little awkward to reset SOT😅 they want us to charge our smartphones full up to 100% 😅 they only know the reason why 😅

ehsan1995 and ArturSantos83 like this.
  19. MTH_SAJAL
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2021

ehsan1995 likes this.
  20. DinTrinh
    Froyo Apr 25, 2021

DinTrinh , Apr 25, 2021 :
    I updated the OP4 to the latest and I have restored all settings and data for the best experience ... I discovered one more error When the initial installation steps when going to the fingerprint collection section, the fingerprint is still blurred, not confirming the fingerprinting. (The fix is to lock the screen with the power button, then the new fingerprint will light up and can take the fingerprint as usual. This bug on the stable version never had. Because I am a person who usually performs factory reset every time a new version is updated. because I want the best experience from the most ms OTA Please fix this for me .. thank

ehsan1995 likes this.