OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 9 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Abdul B.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Apr 22, 2021

Abdul B. , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Hey everyone,

Here are the latest open beta builds for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.

Please bear in mind that this is beta software and, as such, may be less stable than stable MP builds. If you are installing this build, we highly recommend you make a full system back-up before proceeding.

Key updates
    • System
      • Fixed the issue that some app's fonts are displayed abnormally after setting customized fonts
      • Fixed the small probability issue where the status bar cannot be pulled down
      • Fixed the small probability issue where the status bar does not display app icons
      • Fixed the issue that the missed calls are not displayed in the notification bar
      • Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
      • Fixed the small probability issue where recording audio with headphones may not work as expected
      • Updated Android security patch to 2021.04
    • Camera
      • Fixed the small probability issue that the previewed photos are flickering under the photo mode
    • Calculator
      • Fixed the abnormal display with the calculator under the split screen
    • Ambient Display
      • Fixed the issue that the contextual information of AOD is not updated timely
      • Fixed the issue that the ambient display is switched to Canvas after the device owner is changed
      • Fixed the issue with AOD that the time is displayed abnormally when the system language is Hebrew
    • OnePlus Games
      • Newly added the Data Monitor feature, you can find it in the Game Toolbox and monitor the FPS/CPU/GPU changes in real-time
    • Gallery
      • Improved the loading speed of the gallery to speed up the process of previewing pictures

Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. As always, please share your feedback through https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions please refer to How to report a bug and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community app. If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.
    Do try out the new Feedback tool and if you have any questions or need help, please contact bughunters@oneplus.com.
    [​IMG]

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.

Please note:
    • If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here.
    • Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).
    Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too. We are watching.

Never Settle.

2. ManuPoonia
    Froyo Apr 22, 2021

ManuPoonia , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    As usual No Improvement. No any new features. It's open beta 9. Where is the ideas 2.0 that oneplus promise to bring in OS 11. Now a days oneplus is only fixing the bugs whole year. And then next android version is released then again repeat it's bug solving problems. Whole year we can't experience the smoothness of Oxygen OS. Wtf oneplus ??

3. kr0naa
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2021

kr0naa , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    thanks for the new update regarding showing FPS in the game mode! i really dig it! for me open beta 9 works fine and thanks for polishing some of the bugs. keep it going :)

4. philos64
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 22, 2021

philos64 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Euh.. The Android 12 version is just out of its Beta Developer Preview
    The beta version for developers is available since 18 February 2021.
    It will take several months to install the public beta. Android 11 was made available on 10 June 2020. The final version of Android 12 is expected this summer, between August and September. Android 11 was released on 8 September.
    So, don't be in such a hurry :p

5. ManuPoonia
    Froyo Apr 22, 2021

ManuPoonia , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    I am talking about fake promises of oneplus. In October 2020 they released android 11 and till now the OS is so much buggy.
    In between they announced in 2019 that they will introduce oneplus pay in 2020 but now it's 2021 and no chance to come oneplus pay. From last 2 years oneplus software department is not doing anything.

6. akks
    KitKat Apr 22, 2021

akks , Apr 22, 2021 :
    The only thing, some people want :D

7. Vanstra
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2021

8. LoveThakur
    Froyo Apr 22, 2021

LoveThakur , Apr 22, 2021 :
    some people maybe they are wrong but most of them are right... they still haven't bring it back the coolest camera feature.. live object tracking in video mode.....
    OnePlus is focusing on new products, they don't care about their previous devices.

9. NekoKurumi
    Froyo Apr 22, 2021

10. shwongdi
    Honeycomb Apr 22, 2021

shwongdi , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Yeah they're days of glory are done. This company is heading towards another Nexus like situation where after all that hype, suddenly they're gone

11. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 22, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 22, 2021 :
    What data monitor are you refering to? Digital gene (or what it was called)? The one linked into the account settings with steps, traveled cities and so on?

12. Aaron2017
    Lollipop Apr 22, 2021

Aaron2017 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    The added a data monitor to the game toolbox, to see the fps etc in real time

1619111479756.jpg

Attached Files:

13. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 22, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Ah. Somehow managed to miss that part in the change log 😉

Then I assume it could stay in beta for some time in the devices that currently run betas. In some cases some features that come in betas now may in worst case need to wait for Android 12 before reaching stable versions on older devices. I would guess this reaches 9 series first as stable version.

14. Aaron2017
    Lollipop Apr 22, 2021

Aaron2017 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Yeah, you're probably right. The optimized charging feature for example, i had it already in the beta's based on OS10 on my 7t pro, and it only made it's way to the stable build with the first version of OS11

15. humejames
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2021

humejames , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Are others still getting the UI crash/freeze issue? I've just reset my phone after updating and it's still causing an issue sometimes.

EbyPrasad7 likes this.
  16. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 23, 2021

Tee_Eee_Bee , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Installed, no major issues as yet (maybe I'm just lucky).

Gallery loading speed is indeed improved.

abd211211 likes this.
  17. wildecooke
    Eclair Apr 23, 2021

18. bpwest80
    KitKat Apr 23, 2021

bpwest80 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Not since beta 7 for me. Thankfully. It was so annoying.

humejames likes this.

V1595960753315 likes this.
  20. abhikothari111 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Apr 23, 2021 :
    It occurred to me 1 time, i was scrolling through reddit and everything was freezed, even power button didn't work. Waited 2-3 mins and got got popup with system UI not responding
    Was fine after that

EbyPrasad7 and humejames like this.