OxygenOS 12 C.40 update for OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro

1. oscarparker
    Donut Jan 14, 2022

oscarparker , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Lmao, came from a Oneplus 6 to 9 Pro (EU) and both devices are still technically (I'm on C.38 🙃) running the same software. I find it extremely disappointing that we aren't being given the support we should expect from such an expensive device.

I sincerely hope that Oneplus/Oppo manage to turn this around with the unified OS and align themselves with the amazing things Samsung has been doing update wise.

I really don't want to have to say goodbye to Oneplus on my next upgrade but it's looking more and more likely every time they make an announcement these days.

Great shame to see a once great company dismantle themselves at such a pace.

welforj, Berat666, yc010 and 3 others like this.
  2. D1617826607719
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2022

D1617826607719 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Could not have said it better myself!

tobyshhh likes this.
  3. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Jan 14, 2022

Stickied Post

4. G_Jeff_Merheb_qZnO
    Eclair Jan 14, 2022

G_Jeff_Merheb_qZnO , Jan 14, 2022 :
    I was that close to swap my 10 old months old S21U exynos with a new 9 Pro given I pay ZerO $ because s21u are petty much demanded in the used market and the 9 Pro is now at 770$ in my country
    Though when I read the complaints here and that A12 is not ''officially'' out for the 9 Pro until now, I wonder if I am not doing a huge mistake, what do you think guys?
    Custom Roms can transform the 9 Pro to a solid performer?
    I really missed OP and the fact it's ''Knox-less'' for headache free rooting and the fact that I can swap a flagship with a flagship for 0$ is tempting

5. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jan 14, 2022

ghostofcain , Jan 14, 2022 :
    The 9 pro is a solid performer on OOS11, you don't have to update to 12 yet so I'd go for it.

6. zidagar
    Eclair Jan 14, 2022

7. itsraveendran
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 14, 2022

8. Caomhin

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Have gone through it, and responded to each issue. For clarity here is your post, including my replies. My experience is different to yours, though I don't use all of the features you do.

Launcher:
    - impossible to disable Google news.
    This is by design, submit suggestion via Feedback to developers to request disable option.
    - keyboard disappear when you clean text in drawer. Don't Experience this issue
    - for example if you search "mail" the app "gmail" is not showed again submit via Feedback
    - canvas image centered with border, not correctly adjusted
    Don't use this feature.
    - Shelf crash after some days (to restore I've cleaned the storage memory of the app)
    Have disabled Shelf as I have no use for it.

Gallery:
    It's more better, speed and reactivity but there are 2 regressions:
    - no maps to geolocalizate the photos, now we have useless list of places (useless because I don't know all the name of small places and is impossible to navigate without a search bar)
    - when you scroll the photos we don't have the date in the scroll bar
    Need to submit Feedback to developers on this.

Alarm:
    Literally doesn't work correctly, not showed on the locksceen and is necessary to click on the alarm notification to see the alarm. This is crazy
    Submit via feedback

Google Assistant:
    - impossible to open, crash every time
    Don't use Assistant, have disabled it.

System:
    - sometimes the quick bar show overlapped icons,
    don't experience this issue, though others have
    - Sometime the smartphone loose mobile connection and it's necessary to restart the device.
    Don't experience this issue either.

- The battery is drained too fast.
    I get 8 to 10 hours SOT.
    - I've a lot of RAM and I don't want to see the notification of the cleaned memory in MB when I clean apps from the history, it's a insult
    Do you mean from Recents, this can be turned off in Launcher Settings, Recents Task Manager
    - battery notification spam when you plug/unplug the charger (double notification if you have work profile enabled!!!)
    Only see one notification don't have work profile enabled.
    - About device show Qualcom 855 instead the 888. Ridicolus
    Mine shows 888

9. zidagar
    Eclair Jan 14, 2022

zidagar , Jan 14, 2022 :
    My post is only a report in the forum, every bug can be reported to the developers but it's not the point.
    There are a lot of design problems in this update and a lot of small bugs. Your single personal positive feedback is irrelevant in the ocean of problems that has this build.
    This is a flagship phone for OnePlus and should be the point of reference, instead at this time it's only a product of a lot of products in the OPPO world.

note: the amount of cleaned memory when you clean app from the recents is showed every time as a toast notification, the settings only show/hide the amount of used memory in the bottom of the recents list. This is a tipically useless information for a top gamma smartphone, this is a design problem tipically in a low range chinese smartphone

Rey16 likes this.
  10. ttttghgg
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2022

ttttghgg , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 14, 2022 :
    I installed the Oxygen update program, and it says that I do not use the firmware, although I have the latest firmware installation oxygen os 12 C.40 . who knows what this means or how to fix it? and another after updating to 12 androids I changed the version was Le2120 or 23 (Chinese became le2125. How to fix it, who has the same problem?

11. Shrijal Shrestha
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2022

12. Caomhin

And as a user the same as you, I can only give you my opinion on my 9 Pro on C38 EU build. Currently mine functions very well. Others are experiencing issues on this build and other builds in other regions as well.
    Yes I agree its a mess. But giving as much feedback as possible will help identify and highlight those issues. Hopefully there will be a focused approach by OnePlus and OPPO to get everything back on track as soon as possible.

As I don't experice such issues, I am happy to wait for the next OTA. But I do understand why others colan be so frustrated.

And just for clarification some issues are not just OOS but in some cases Android in general.
    Not just OnePlus.
    Samshite, Xiaomi, Realme, even Google and others are having major issues with A12.
    https://www.theverge.com/22881882/a...s-oneplus-oxygenos-12-samsung-one-ui-4-update

Aaron2017 and Bobbie63 like this.
  13. Caomhin

It released in China with 11, so it stands to reason that it will release elsewhere with the same specs. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bobbie63 and Aaron2017 like this.
  14. Debopriyo2791 , via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green , Jan 14, 2022 :
    True..but it was released in October in China ,when A12 was not ready.Now its january.

15. Caomhin

If you mean Oxygen Updater, that's a 3rs party app available in the Playstore and is not developed by OnePlus.
    Everyone is getting the error you see because there is an issue with Oxygen Updater recognising the ColorOS base of OOS 12. Contact Oxygen Updater developers on the issue in the About section.
    1642168095920.jpg

16. zidagar
    Eclair Jan 14, 2022

zidagar , Jan 14, 2022 :
    I've personal compared the Google Pixel 6 Pro to the OnePlus 9 Pro and all the major issues are a OOS bugs.
    However, I'm not a hater and I'll hope in a better future for OnePlus but now is necessary a very commit to not destroy the face of the society.

Shinjuurou likes this.
  17. Caomhin

And it will still be OOS11 no matter when its released in a different region. But as its a OnePlus corporate decision you might be better off taking the issue up with them directly.

18. YavinF95
    Eclair Jan 14, 2022

YavinF95 , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Again. It's not against you. You did a quite well job to help. I really appreciate that. Thank you again.

I will wait until there is a update available for EU users.

BR and a nice weekend

Bobbie63 , Caomhin and Aaron2017 like this.
  19. Aaron2017
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Jan 14, 2022

Aaron2017 , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Oh, mine wasn't against you either. I only wanted to clarify about the app not being related to OnePlus, nothing more.
    Let's hope it'll come sooner rather than later.
    You have a great weekend yourself 👍

Bobbie63 and Caomhin like this.