OxygenOS 12 C.48 update for OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro

1. Saeren_
    Honeycomb May 21, 2022

Saeren_ , via OnePlus 9 , May 21, 2022 :
    That's your opinion, not my own or my experience.

2. sweggitity
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 21, 2022

sweggitity , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 21, 2022 :
    What opinion? It's a fact... Check the first post of mine before commenting. See the list of bugs

3. Saeren_
    Honeycomb May 21, 2022

I have already said what issues I have. I have less complaints about OOS12 than I do OOS11.

Shinjuurou likes this.
  4. Saeren_
    Honeycomb May 21, 2022

1. Launcher multitasking glitch is still present. To imitate the bug you have close apps one by one as fast as possible, I have reported it before, as usual OnePlus does nothing.
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UGeIpVyu7zs

Meh, not a big deal.

2. AOD shows unread notification if a message is read on bubbles such as on Messenger or Telegram.

Not relevant to me as I don't use bubbles.

3. WhatsApp incoming call only rings with a black screen.

Not relevant to me as I don't use WhatsApp.

4. Bitmoji Xmas theme bug.

Not relevant to me as I don't use Bitmoji.

5. System UI restarting randomly in the background when phone is put into sleep, I noticed this when DND is enabled, I get a DND notification randomly, the notification is supposed to come only when DND is enabled or phone is restarted/switched on. This happens like random maybe once or twice a day, all apps running in the background restarts, such as you have tabs opened in the browser, they will all refresh.

This hasn't happened to me.

6. YouTube auto play bug, maybe it's caused by enabling "Video Motion Enhancement" if you pause a video on YouTube like to read the comments the video will play back on it's own.

Yes, I have had this happen. It happens with or without video motion enhancement enabled and happens in browser windows that are playing video and reddit too.

7. Notifications on status bar, doesn't expand properly, it is half cut off, it happens when you have multiple notifications in drop down status bar.

Haven't noticed this one.

8. One handed mode, doesn't show all the apps in app drawer, the bottom apps are not visible in one handed mode.

Not relevant to me as I don't use one handed mode.

9. "Show Refresh Rate" option only shows 120Hz on OnePlus 9 Pro, there is no LTPO in action

Not relevant to the OnePlus 9.

10. Zepp app disables DND mode when a call is being made or received, but I suppose this is a Zepp app issue not OnePlus, but weirdly enough I am facing this only on OnePlus. (I have contacted the devs of the app)

Not relevant as I don't use this app.

11. Gmail notification issue. Notifications are not being received, when a new email arrives.

This has been an issue since OOS11 and caused me to switch to FairEmail right after I got my phone - I like FairEmail so much I bought it and disabled Gmail with Titanium Backup's freeze function.

12. Widget doesn't load or delays in loading for a long time after booting or restarting, doesn't happen all the time. It occurs 50% of the time.

Not relevant as the only widget I use is the Google search bar and it hasn't happened to me with that one that I have seen.

So yeah, like I said, not really having major issues with OOS12. 🤷‍♂️

Fatih Aşkın and The_Huntsman like this.
  5. sweggitity

Should have phrased it, I am a basic user, and don't have issues with the bugs. You make it seem like OOS 12 is bug free.

6. Saeren_
    Honeycomb May 21, 2022

I'm not a basic user, I use my phone differently than you do but I assure you, I'm far from a basic user.
    I have flashed my phone from OOS11 > OOS12 > Jaguar > StagOS > DerpFest > Lineage 19.1 > StagOS > OOS11 > COS C.62 > OOS12 C.48 in the past week or two because of the things I reported not being happy about but by far the most acceptable experience has been C.48. There are bugs, and I didn't claim there weren't bugs, but it's better **for me** than OOS11 or any other ROM I tried. I have rooted it and will stick with it for now but if OnePlus doesn't address the CPU throttle I will get a Pixel 7 Pro in the fall and be done with this company which is a shame because I like most things, I just have no patience for sluggish browsing.
    Don't go calling people basic user just because their experience is different from your own. I have used and modded Android phones since 2009 and I am a power user, I just don't use your crappy apps ✌️

Shinjuurou, 9era, gonza1977 and 2 others like this.
  7. sweggitity

It doesn't matter if you flash 5000 custom ROMs, I am talking about your usage of how you use your phone, or the number of apps you use on your phone. There are a lot of issues in popular 3rd party apps, and when I compared it with Samsung One UI or Google Pixels UI, it seems like the Color OS codebase is causing the issues.

The_Huntsman likes this.
  8. Saeren_
    Honeycomb May 21, 2022

Again, we use our phones differently. I don't have the same experience you do. That doesn't give you the right to try to belittle me for not sharing the same opinion that you do.

9. sweggitity

Why are you taking it as belittling you? Being a basic user is a bad thing? An offence? It's a normal thing, and completely fine. Why the frowned face?

10. Saeren_
    Honeycomb May 21, 2022

Maybe it's a language barrier but "basic user" is definitely something that would be seen as an offensive thing here. Calling someone basic anything is a slap in the face.

11. sweggitity

Mate you getting it wrong, it's a normal thing. It's the language barrier, if English ain't your first language.

12. Saeren_
    Honeycomb May 21, 2022

English is my first language but where I live if someone calls you basic anything, it's meant to be an insult, so thanks for clearing up that you didn't mean it that way. 👍

ghostofcain likes this.
  13. sweggitity

That's being basic. I said you are a basic user, didn't say you are being basic. It's different.

Fatih Aşkın likes this.
  14. Saeren_
    Honeycomb May 21, 2022

It's not different though. It's literally the same thing. It doesn't matter what word you modify "basic" with, the original term has the same meaning. If you can't see how someone who uses his phone for 10 hours a day, uses it as a desktop replacement, flashes his phone constantly looking for the best experience, spends hours at places like here and XDA, always has to have a new phone even though there's nothing wrong with his one, and has 100 apps he has to restore every time he flashes ROMs or switches phones would take that as an insult, I don't know what to tell you. Given the tone of our exchange before that, it's really not hard to see how I could arrive at the conclusion that it was meant to be an insult. Regardless, debating it is not going to change the fact I took it that way and you already cleared up your original intent so I don't know why we are still talking about it.

ghostofcain likes this.
  15. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 22, 2022

ghostofcain , May 22, 2022 :
    I'm a native English speaker, and calling someone a basic user is an insult, you suggest because he uses his phone differently than you he's not as advanced a user as you.

Saeren_ likes this.

16. Z1648820297382
    Cupcake May 22, 2022

Z1648820297382 , May 22, 2022 :
    Ok, so i havent tried c48 yet, i did try c47 when it came out and was highly shocked with bugs, so can someone confirm some of bugs i experienced, i wanna know if they are still present in c48.

1. Open app drawer and slide down, slide back up and up to get to hs, it doesn't go hs, you gotta wait a second or two and then swipe up to go to hs

2. Aod turning on by itself randomly even it is set to wake on tap or pick up

3. Cant remove card and smart stuff on power menu, they are still there even tho i turn them off in power menu settings

4. Haptics go low for no reason-need restart

5. No option for notification vibrate intensity or pattern

6. Quick connect service keeps asking for location permissions even tho i keep denying it

7. Dialer screen shows nothing during call, goes black, without options....restart needed

8. Battery life worse compared to OOS11

These bugs remained even after factory reset....i am on EU version

17. White_feather
    Cupcake May 22, 2022

White_feather , via OnePlus 9R , May 22, 2022 :
    Once u open picture in gallery and return back to the gallery the opened picture get blackedout and u can not access them again... U have to restart the mobile

18. sweggitity
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 22, 2022

sweggitity , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 22, 2022 :
    No issue.

19. sweggitity
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 22, 2022

sweggitity , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 22, 2022 :
    Have you used zoom? Check what zoom calls it's free users. Case closed, this is now just dragging a dead horse.