[Submitted] OxygenOS 12 Live Caption Display Over Other App Permission Bug

1. ElyasAsmadz
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2022

ElyasAsmadz , Jan 1, 2022 :
    In OxygenOS 12, the Live Caption in Android 12 asks for permission in order to enable them, but after clicking the "Allow Permission" button, there are no application option to enable the permission for the mentioned feature.

Steps To Reproduce:
    1. Navigate to Settings > System Settings > Accessibility > Hearing (Tab) > Live Caption.
    2. Clicking "Allow Permission" will navigate from Settings Activity to Permission Activity.
    3. There are no "Settings" or "Live Caption" listed.

2. Diego_Penaflor
    Donut Jan 13, 2022

Ghssan and ElyasAsmadz like this.
  3. tryfe
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2022

Ghssan and ElyasAsmadz like this.
  4. rahulRmahawar
    Donut Jan 22, 2022

5. sergebiro
    Donut Jan 22, 2022

Zoono and Ghssan like this.
  6. migusz
    Donut Jan 22, 2022

Zoono and Ghssan like this.
  7. Ghssan
    Eclair Jan 22, 2022

Ghssan , Jan 22, 2022 :
    Same here and it's not been fixed with latest update
    OnePlus 9pro EU C44

8. Zoono
    Donut Jan 23, 2022

9. prmcmanus
    Donut Jan 23, 2022

prmcmanus , Jan 23, 2022 :
    And another.

WORKAROUND!
    Settings => Apps => App Management => Show System (three dot menu top right) => Search for Android System Intelligence => Uninstall Updates

This reverts the app back to being "Device Personalisation Services" and restores Live Captions.
    Android System Intelligence will show as an update in the Play Store, so Disable Auto-Update to prevent it breaking until OnePlus can resolve the permissions issues.

dmdukes and iwbsong like this.
  10. welforj
    Donut Jan 26, 2022

welforj , via OnePlus 9 , Jan 26, 2022 :
    Thank you for the work round, had to download Live Caption again, and now it works. Really appreciated 👍

11. dmdukes
    Eclair Jan 30, 2022

dmdukes , Jan 30, 2022 :
    You are the boss. I love you so much! THANK YOU! I can now have the words my hard of hearing *** cannot understand auto captioned again. Would love more up to date on the app, but the updates screw up the permissions because (I think) the live captions is hard baked into the compilation and the newer update breaks it. If it were installable live captions from store, would have proper updates.

Again, you the man, thank you!

12. AlejoLinardi
    Eclair Mar 18, 2022

13. Chris1223
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 19, 2022

Chris1223 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Mar 19, 2022 :
    This looks to have been fixed with Oxygen OS 12 C.47. I can't speak for the earlier version C.46 since it wasn't available in the United States. It will have you download some updates from the live caption settings page (maybe a language update or live caption audio improvements). Once that is done you will be able to activate and use the live caption feature.