OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 2 for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro (Include questionnaire)

1. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Dec 5, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 5, 2021 :
    You could try the following.
    Make sure you have already downloaded the Android 11 Rollback installation file, from the initial Beta 1 post in the thread below. Ensure you choose the MP file for your region.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-for-the-oneplus-9-and-oneplus-9-pro.1502946/
    Once downloaded and If present, remove the .jar extension so it ends in .zip, place the file in your main storage away from any folders.
    Once you have downloaded the Rollback file download the apk linked below to downgrade the ,
    https://oxygenos.oneplus.net/OPLocalUpdate_For_Android12.apk
    Install the apk. Click open, then click on the gear wheel top right and it will detect the Android 11 Rollback file choose it and it will wipe your phone and allow the downgrade to take place.
    Once completed back to Android 11, then you can install Beta 1 as per the instructions in the Beta 1 thread. Then OTA to Beta 3.

Aaron2017 and theblackjungle like this.
  2. TerribleDiabetic
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2021

TerribleDiabetic , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 5, 2021 :
    Yeah, you gotta set it up again. I never had a problem with GPay on the beta.

3. theblackjungle
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2021

theblackjungle , Dec 5, 2021 :
    Thanks, working :)

Caomhin likes this.
  4. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Dec 5, 2021

theblackjungle and Aaron2017 like this.
  5. ronnyhawks320
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2021

6. ronnyhawks320

ronnyhawks320 , via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green , Dec 6, 2021 :
    OXYGEN UPDATER 👍🏻👌🏻🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Caomhin likes this.
  7. ronnyhawks320

MrTalon and Caomhin like this.
  8. ronnyhawks320

Caomhin likes this.
  9. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Dec 6, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 6, 2021 :
    Initial Beta update is always full zip file install. Subsequent Beta updates for the initial Beta 1 are usually pushed as Incremental. Am around here long enough to know the OnePlus procedure for Beta and Stable updates.

The fact that you don't like the answer is your own issue. You volunteer to be a Beta tester, you play by OnePlus rules.

If you only want full zip file updates. Maybe Beta is not for you. Probably best you stay on Stable update channel where all Stable updates get the full zip Installer.

10. ralph12
    Eclair Dec 6, 2021

ralph12 , Dec 6, 2021 :
    i always flashing beta straight after was released except this time , my fault.i owned OP6 and OP7pro
    even when u check OP website u can download for each phone full stable and full beta

11. Caomhin

Yes for the first Beta 1. I also have a 6T and have also used Beta and stable on that since OOS 9. And if you trace back through all the Betas given 1st initial Beta release is Full, subsequent Beta for a particular version such as 9, 10 and 11 were all incremental. It's the same for all Betas and all models.

Check the OOS 11 Beta for 6 series. Beta 1 was full, 2 & 3 Incremental. Its all there plain to see.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-android-11-open-beta-3-for-oneplus-6-6t.1481086/

Aaron2017 likes this.
  12. MrTalon

13. alanthast0s
    Donut Dec 6, 2021

alanthast0s , Dec 6, 2021 :
    I am on Oxygen OS 11.2.10.10.LE15BA and it doesn't let me install Open Beta 1 with local upgrade because 11.2.10.10 is newer. How can I "rollback" to Open Beta 1 when I am already with Android 11?

14. Caomhin

You would have to Downgrade using the MSM Download tool via EDL, then manual update to 11.2.9.9 and then manual update to OBT 1, then OTA to 3 if you wanted to install Beta versions.
    BACKUP all data beforehand as a downgrade will wipe the phone

alanthast0s and Aaron2017 like this.
  15. TerribleDiabetic
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2021

TerribleDiabetic , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 6, 2021 :
    I'm sorry, but please learn how to use a search function, or simply read through the thread first.

Caomhin likes this.
  16. TerribleDiabetic
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2021

TerribleDiabetic , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 6, 2021 :
    You beat me to it while I was setting up my post...haha.

Caomhin likes this.
  17. Z1610374513221
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2021

18. Atul Menon , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Dec 6, 2021 :
    Back to OOS 11 after 2 months of oos 12 beta. Tbh feel of oxygen os just vanished after cos merge. 11.3 which oneplus released for nord 2 still kept the feel intact unlike oos 12. Burdenless design became a burden now with oos 12. Its not bugs or beta, im fine even if builds are broken
    But ui feel just went away (even after oos 11 arrival elements still had a stockish vibe unlike this )getting some cheap vibes now. Things we loved in oos just got repaced with shit things just like the launcher and filemanager. Setting apps default is a hassle now. Seems like i have to move to custom this early on 1000 dollar phone. Will wait to see what to oneplus has planned with unified os which is releasing next year. This wannabe oxygen os sucks. Lot of mismanagement has happened with these decisions. Stability and smoothness is only + point. Oneplus messed up, i had some hope when i heard about this merge , all gone down. Biggest USP just went down, before i never cared much about software ( it did stand out) coz of their phone prices were more reasonable, had custom rom support. Now its different case 1000 dollar phone, none wishes to run a custom rom this early.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021

19. alanthast0s
    Donut Dec 6, 2021

alanthast0s , Dec 6, 2021 :
    I'm sorry but Caomhin answered my question. Your answer was not the solution. And please stop telling everyone about searching or reading the whole thead. Caomhin helped me, not you

TerribleDiabetic likes this.
  20. Sorin_83
    Froyo Dec 6, 2021