OxygenOS 2.1.0 OTA roll-out starting now!

1. Nosher61
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2015

Nosher61 , Oct 13, 2015 :
    Can someone please tell me how to Barr (reject) specific telephone numbers on the One Plus 2. I have getting too many nuisance calls. Regards Nigel

2. wmm
    KitKat Oct 13, 2015

wmm , Oct 13, 2015 :
    I would think so. That looks to project to around 6+ hours of screen-on time, which is about what I'm getting.

3. wmm
    KitKat Oct 13, 2015

wmm , Oct 13, 2015 :
    It's something specific to your particular set of programs and settings. I regularly get 5.5-6 hours of screen-on time during a day, and I'm running completely stock 2.1.0 with no battery-saving mods. Here's a screen shot from just before I plugged in for the night one day last week:
    Screenshot_2015-10-08-00-22-43.png
    5:40 of screen-on time with 7% remaining battery. I'm very happy with the OP2 battery life. I hope you can find out what's eating yours.

4. leongwengheng
    Eclair Oct 13, 2015

leongwengheng , Oct 13, 2015 :
    Wow, that's fantastic screen on time you're getting. I haven't done anything special to my phone though. All I installed were podcast apps, shopping apps, and the main social media apps. I use the Gmail client for my 4 accounts so don't know if that sucks battery life. I disabled the extra sim tray and keep brightness low all the time.

I read in reviews that people get around 5 hours which I would find acceptable. I have never got close to that though. What I don't like is that I raised the point with Oneplus customer service and they have immediately assumed it was my fault. I once had a similar problem with my Oppo Find 5 (parent company of Oneplus) and they were far more helpful.

I also believe I am not the only one with the same issue.

Anyway I'll see how it goes over the next month. If it doesn't improve and Oneplus refuse to accept any fault I will sadly part ways with Oneplus.

5. otto2
    Photography Expert Oct 13, 2015

otto2 , Oct 13, 2015 :
    Uninstaller for example the podcast and shopping apps, many of them are lurking all time for some new data and do not let the phone get into deep sleep modus. change to Facebook Lite, and check again your power consumption.

6. gkirko
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2015

gkirko , Oct 13, 2015 :
    As mentioned by one of the members on this forum.. wifi connectivity is also issue for me as well. Phone works for day or two then refuse to connect to wifi. WiFi ssid is visible but still unable to authenticate. Reboot always rectify a problem. I logged ticket and post here if I get a news...

7. KurtKoch2000
    Eclair Oct 13, 2015

KurtKoch2000 , Oct 13, 2015 :
    Great threat!

8. KurtKoch2000
    Eclair Oct 13, 2015

9. jasonteoch
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2015

10. PCTitan
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2015

PCTitan , Oct 13, 2015 :
    Sure. If it makes you feel better

11. leongwengheng
    Eclair Oct 13, 2015

leongwengheng , Oct 13, 2015 :
    To be honest, I don't really think eBay and Amazon should be that bad. None of them show up on battery consumption. Podcast I will try, but then what's the point of having the phone. May as well uninstall all apps and just use phone and SMS lol.

Appreciate your feedback though. I envy your battery life. I will give it another month and see what happens.

Oh and can't even use Facebook. Crashes as soon as you open it. Doh!

12. ngaunguyens
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2015

ngaunguyens , Oct 13, 2015 :
    Try root and use greenify and xposed, it helps with battery A TON!

13. ngaunguyens
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2015

Try root and use greenify with xposed to fix radio active problem. This helps a lot! Extend your battery by like an hr to 1.5hrs! The deep sleep barely drain the battery !

leongwengheng likes this.
  14. SadButTrue
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 13, 2015

SadButTrue , Oct 13, 2015 :
    before rooting i would suggest to try another launcher eg. nova launcher - in some cases i would help...

15. ngaunguyens
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2015

I have poor battery too. But try other battery mod, like greenify and xposed. They help my phone get to 5hrs SOT, before it was about 4 hrs lol

16. otto2
    Photography Expert Oct 13, 2015

otto2 , Oct 13, 2015 :
    Using the search button would give you some advise about the facebook thing.. We discussed this long time ago... uninstall was meant for systematically checking, which one of the apps is using how much battery. as long as android 6 is not ported,we have to use such workarounds.

PrajwalK likes this.
  17. suquet.paul
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2015

suquet.paul , Oct 13, 2015 :

Quickie.... Ever since Oxygen1.0 in the OnePlus One, Bluetooth audio works, but didn't send ID3 (Track Name, Artist Name, Album Name, etc)...

I just got my OnePlus 2, and updated it to Oxygen 2.1.0. I really like it. I thought I'd install CM12 nightlies on it, but I don't think I will; the one thing that doesn't do it for me, is that the Bluetooth ID3 sending doesn't work yet.

Seriously? Am I the only one who actually uses bluetooth to listen to music on my car's infotainment system? C'mon OnePlus!!! This is your in-house OS; this should be a relatively simple fix.

18. derryl
    Froyo Oct 13, 2015

Tinkywinky and suquet.paul like this.
  19. minhee108
    Froyo Oct 13, 2015

minhee108 , Oct 13, 2015 :
    s
    sweet, manual mode is awesome, cant wait to get it in a few days

20. ashwinguy
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2015

ashwinguy , Oct 13, 2015 :
    @Helen Started using Google now launcher loving it and problem solved its almost like using nexus device now and mobile is super fast now :)