OxygenOS 2.1.1 update will roll out today

1. Dillon Kingsburgh
    Donut Oct 15, 2015

Dillon Kingsburgh , Oct 15, 2015 :
    I dont see how you can complain about 4 1/2 hours of SoT. Especially in a phone that has this chip set and these specs. If you compare battery life to other major flagships the others are not even on par. I make it 16 hours a day with +25% left, and thats damn good for my usage.

otto2 and Thanasis Kalatheris like this.
  2. Boyahr
    Donut Oct 15, 2015

Boyahr , Oct 15, 2015 :
    I'm quite disapointed by this update. Sure, Facebook works now (you could have just stayed with a rev 42 version and be fine), but it broke PrivateInternetAccess and I have no way to roll back to 2.1.0. Whenever I try to manually enter a VPN in the settings, I'm asked for a storage password I never set. Please fix PIA as soon as possible.

rungem likes this.
  3. DoitJ1
    KitKat Oct 15, 2015

DoitJ1 , Oct 15, 2015 :
    Awesome. Thanks for the latest update, just got it this morning. You guys rock at oneplus! Thanks for never settling! I love my 2!!!

Chika likes this.
  4. Tyronnster
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 15, 2015

5. Thanasis Kalatheris
    Eclair Oct 15, 2015

Thanasis Kalatheris , Oct 15, 2015 :
    Not really complaining just disappointed. It has a worse battery than the OPO but a bigger battery capacity in paper. Which smartphones are you referring to exactly? Cause the Note 5 has a better battery with a QHD display and smaller 3000 mAh battery capacity. It's like you are telling me if they are people working on a company and they can do their job better your not gonna force them to do so because they are already doing a good job even though they could do better. That's the exact opposite of evolution

Dillon Kingsburgh likes this.
  6. robbrazier
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2015

robbrazier , Oct 15, 2015 :
    I see i'm in the minority... I installed the update, my phone restarted and it's now stuck in a boot loop, all I see is the boot animation. I've tried sideloading the OTA update, but to no avail. I'm not rooted or anything. help? Is there any chance of me coming out of this with my data still intact?

7. John Herry
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2015

John Herry , Oct 15, 2015 :
    Choosed this phone only because of dual-sim work and now its awfully hard to use it with this bug.

8. jmudrick
    Honeycomb Oct 15, 2015

jmudrick , Oct 15, 2015 :
    Download the full 2.1 and reinstall. Not rocket science.

otto2 likes this.
  9. Superpully

Superpully , Oct 15, 2015 :
    I don't know how, but even if I am rooted I received the update notification.... Anyone knows how is this possible?

10. Godrix
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2015

Godrix , Oct 15, 2015 :
    Nice timing, I will receive mine this monday :D I hope everyone get his invite :)

11. Tyronnster

12. robbrazier
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2015

robbrazier , Oct 15, 2015 :
    piggybacking on this - I'm pretty new to android, would this be a clean install, or would data be left intact? I'm using the stock recovery. (context)

13. otto2
    Photography Expert Oct 15, 2015

otto2 , Oct 15, 2015 :
    Reboot in save mode, reboot again and everything should be fine. ( using search button and reading through the forum would prevent you from asking...)

14. vmsaiganesh
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2015

vmsaiganesh , Oct 15, 2015 :
    PLEASE WORK ON BATTERY ISSUES & HEATING ISSUES. YOU WOULD BEAT ALL OTHER PHONES IN THE MARKET.

nh_opu and bigboypr3061 like this.
  15. bigboypr3061
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2015

bigboypr3061 , Oct 15, 2015 :
    your lucky you get 4 hours........ I can only get 3 hours on mine

16. Dr sushil kumar
    Eclair Oct 15, 2015

Dr sushil kumar , Oct 15, 2015 :
    What about the battery drain and about dual sim management . Every time call is made by sim 1 even before selecting ask first option.

nh_opu likes this.
  17. Dillon Kingsburgh
    Donut Oct 15, 2015

Dillon Kingsburgh , Oct 15, 2015 :
    I'm experiencing the exact opposite, my OPO battery life was subpar, and my OPT battery life is way better. I am referencing the iPhone 6/6Plus/6s/6sPlus, and Galaxy S6/S6 Edge. I am constantly seeing those owners stuck to a wall before the end of the day. I agree, you want them to improve. I just don't feel that battery life is even an issue, I would rather OP focus their resources on providing standard features like NFC, inductive charging, fast charging, and more customization features in the software.

nh_opu and Thanasis Kalatheris like this.
  18. aroraneelesh98
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2015

19. Dunestorm
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2015

Dunestorm , Oct 15, 2015 :
    Android M support would solve this problem as it would many others such as standby battery life ;)

20. Odl
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2015