OxygenOS 2.1.1 update will roll out today

1. iRajeshRajput
    Honeycomb Oct 17, 2015

2. raul_sbd
    Froyo Oct 17, 2015

raul_sbd , Oct 17, 2015 :
    I'm on Three Mobile UK and after the 2.1.1 update randomly it says I'm thetering and internet stops.. The only way to get it back working again is rebooting the device.. Anyone else on 3 mobile had the same? Oneplus please fix it!!

3. gowtham123456789
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 17, 2015

4. kthiyagu
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2015

kthiyagu , Oct 17, 2015 :
    how to enable MaxxAudio

5. vinpilu
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2015

vinpilu , Oct 17, 2015 :
    But you put it on charger twice, right? Or connect to PC, otherwise how can be up the charged level in the afternoon?

drmrahul likes this.
  6. badbrad
    Eclair Oct 17, 2015

badbrad , Oct 17, 2015 :
    Anyone that is rooted on the OPO should seriously try the Resurrection Remix ROM. it's amazing. It's CM on steroids. Amazing battery and super stable. You do however lose the CM camera and Maxx Audio FX. But you can flash Maxx audio and sideload the CM camera apk.

Flyologist likes this.
  7. badbrad
    Eclair Oct 17, 2015

8. iRajeshRajput
    Honeycomb Oct 17, 2015

9. Buntyabhas
    Eclair Oct 17, 2015

Buntyabhas , Oct 17, 2015 :
    Great Work by OP Team,What about Android M,Hope We will get it Soon

10. rajarshp
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2015

rajarshp , Oct 17, 2015 :
    Thanks @Helen for this update, but after this update I am having duplicate message thread issue.
    how to fix that ? and any update on finger print scanner ?

11. rockafellor
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2015

12. Thanasis Kalatheris
    Eclair Oct 17, 2015

Thanasis Kalatheris , Oct 17, 2015 :
    Should I overclock? Which cluster?

13. Thanasis Kalatheris
    Eclair Oct 17, 2015

Thanasis Kalatheris , Oct 17, 2015 :
    ΑΚ is AnyKernel. Search Google root OnePlus 2 the most detailed guide is in these forums. After that you will have to unlock the bootloader in order to install a custom kernel. The Android Kernel is a hybrid Linux kernel and it "connects" the software with the hardware. Google is your best friend for me it was a great experience when I did it on my LG Optimus L7 3 years ago and it's something someone must experience alone
    You ll feel really great when you manage to root a phone for the first time. Try it out :D

Gulbuddin and Ac_cobra like this.
  14. Christom
    Donut Oct 17, 2015

15. huyle39
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2015

huyle39 , Oct 17, 2015 :
    I just got invitation 2 days ago, and I ordered it, it just arrived to AZ according to UPS. But now reading all these comments, I feel like, I made a wrong decision, cheap, but not working is like worthless. Too much problems with the OxygenOS. I can live with some bugs, but battery drain, and camera, and other major issues just don't cut it for the nice Hardware Specifications.
    Other option is to go with different ROM, but fingerprint then will not work.
    I haven't seen my OP2 yet, it will be arrived by Monday, California time. Still reading all these just killing me, save 100-200+ but not reliable is just something we all have to think about.
    Yes, we can wait until OP to fix all important bugs on OxygenOS, but by the time it's "stable" then new phone already came out. So what's the use? Technology moves REAL quick. Today OP2 maybe nice in hardware specification but OS is so FRESH, therefore it will hurt OP more than they can expect. Nice design, great hardware spec, but OS does not work well with it then, it's a waste of hardware abilities.

Samsung, IPhone, HTC may cost more, but they are pretty much stable in term of S/W or their version of OS (operating system). OxygenOS needs MUCH more designs and and coding to stabilize their OxygenOS. If not, consumer will end up having bad experiencing with the OP2, then from there, they will spread out the words MUCH MORE QUICKER than OP way of of advertising through social media networks. "Bad things" spread out quicker than good things.
    In the end "Never Settle" is a slogan that will make others "laugh", great hardware, but OS is like ALPHA version, then we as consumer can never experience the true potential of the hardware that were incorporated to the phone.

All advertising, specifications, marketing were just providing "consumer" about hardware specification, but the Operating System "OxygenOS" is so buggy, and lack of features just kill the whole thing. Of course not all users will understand the OS relationship to the hardware, but they will soon catch on to it.

So, we all as consumer think that we've been waiting for the "Invitation" to have a window of "24 hours" to claim the invitation to buy it. Then, once we got invitation, ordered, and use it, then it's not up to PAR with other phones. That is something OP should "pay attention" on, mainly is "software" issue. All in all, including myself, we've just been too optimistic, overlook other IMPORTANT thing, we paid too much attention on DESIGN, and "HARDWARE" specification, but after that whoever "lucky" enough to get the phone then now sitting "WAITING", "HOPING", "BEGGING" OnePlus to fix, update the OxygenOS. We're all just going for HYPE rather than realistically understand what's the actual functions that the phone can provide us "day to day". Ooperating System is the most important thing, and that's how consumer experience through the GUI (Graphic User Interface). If it does not respond, then they don't care if it's 8 cores or single core. We just want it to work fast, smooth, reliable, bug free, with "tons" of features that the H/W can support. So I would urge OnePlus to really look at the OxygenOS before the whole thing fall apart, meaning consumer will little by little lose interest, don't care about the phone anymore due to "lack of functions, unstable, unreliable"...

Also about support, mainly "Refer to the Forum" and expect us to search for INFO from other users. Why can't OnePlus provide "TRUE" simple information about each model, each phone, for each SKU #. It's so simple, and it will cut down so much time for you guys to answer.

I was "exciting" to receive my OP2 as of yesterday, but until now, I can see the OS is not "mature" yet, and very disappointing.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015

16. mutka
    Froyo Oct 17, 2015

17. VIKASHK03
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2015

VIKASHK03 , Oct 17, 2015 :
    After updating latest OTA BATTERY DRAIN quickly kindly fix it ASAP. Battery was working nice before that.
    Thanks
    India User OP2

18. 96009600
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2015

19. Mika Krooswijk
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2015

Mika Krooswijk , Oct 17, 2015 :
    This is my battery with the new Oxygen OS 2.1.1 update on the OPT
    I din't charge my phone the entire day.
    (The steep drops are right after I rebooted the phone)

Screenshot_2015-10-17-01-59-42[1].png

is anyone else seeing this weird battery behaviour or have a fix for it?

20. hogwarts1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 17, 2015

hogwarts1982 , Oct 17, 2015 :
    Go to your mamma and crib!