OxygenOS 2.1.2 update will roll out to OnePlus 2 today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anupritaisno1 KitKat Nov 25, 2015

anupritaisno1, Nov 25, 2015 :
    Why such a long method? Just long press the power button and then long press power off and safe mode option is seen.

2. anupritaisno1 KitKat Nov 25, 2015

Yes, the update is worth it but you can't just flash the incremental ota over your current version. The ota has to be flashed from 2.1.1 or you are risking a hard brick of your device.

You can flash twrp through fastboot and install the full 2.1.2 system (not update) through it. Remember to wipe /system first.

3. Yashbhan1994 Froyo Nov 25, 2015

Yashbhan1994, Nov 25, 2015 :
    How ever i did flashing on samsung android and bada phones. Wasn't there anything to worry and was fair to install.

Does twrp requires rooting OP2 according to google play or i have an img file of twrp. So, need help to work through it. :p

4. binoyj76 Cupcake Nov 25, 2015

binoyj76, Nov 25, 2015 :
    Hi Milind,

I do have the same issue even after 2.1.2 update. Was it fixed for you?

5. racmehta Cupcake Nov 25, 2015

racmehta, Nov 25, 2015 :
    Every time I click on a contact in the speed dial list or the log , it asks me to chose the sim. Despite of choosing the default sim in the settings it gets restored to default. What is the solution to this problem?
    If this is a Software issue , When can I expect an update with this issue resolved?

6. Kshaun Eclair Nov 25, 2015

Kshaun, Nov 25, 2015 :
    After updating the software my phone is having a problem whenever I am switching to Sim 2 as default calling sim yet it switches to as everytime on it own... Any body have any solution for this

7. Kshaun Eclair Nov 25, 2015

Kshaun, Nov 25, 2015 :
    My Camera flash doesnt work when I am in the photo mode i don't see the options for flash... Please help.

8. mezaetos Cupcake Nov 25, 2015

mezaetos, Nov 25, 2015 :
    Besides the other issues that I am facing (and already mentioned), I am know facing restarts from the quick dial screen when I try to use SIM2 for calling.

9. agnom Gingerbread Nov 25, 2015

agnom, Nov 25, 2015 :
    Is it just me or is the fingerprint sensor screwed in its behaviour since the new update? If the phone goes to sleep with a Facebook Messenger or Whatsapp chat window open, there's no way I can wake it up with the FP Sensor. I have to either key in the password, or turn on the camera, shut it and then use the FP Sensor. Seriously buggy behaviour this.....

10. dhruvArsenalized Honeycomb Nov 25, 2015

dhruvArsenalized, Nov 25, 2015 :
    I'm getting notification ringtone issues. The sound seems distorted and echoed. I use the tone "Free" as default notification and "Facebook Pop" for whatsapp. Does anyone else feel this issue?

11. GeesRiK Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 25, 2015

GeesRiK, Nov 25, 2015 :
    After each update, all my notification sounds are reset to some crap default. Happened this time as well. Annoying as f**k. Let alone the SIM selection problems etc etc...

Not the best update ever it has to be said, seems to have broken more than it fixed...

fxguru77 likes this.
  12. anupritaisno1 KitKat Nov 25, 2015

connect your phone to pc via usb. enable oem unlocking and advanced reboot in developer options. long press power button and select reboot. now select bootloader. now open command prompt and type

fastboot oem unlock

then confirm it.

This will erase everything on your device.

[fastboot must be installed first]

then rename the twrp<xxxxxxx>.img file to recovery.img

now type
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    followed by
    fastboot boot recovery.img
    twrp will now start. you must allow twrp to do modifications. so, swipe to allow modifications
    now go to twrp>reboot>recovery
    your device will reboot to twrp.
    you can install zips with the install function, backup the entire system with the backup function and restore it with the restore function. adb sideload is available in the advanced section.
    to go back to your system, go to twrp>reboot>system.

13. Yashbhan1994 Froyo Nov 25, 2015

Yashbhan1994, Nov 25, 2015 :

K...

But;

1st thing will it void warranty?
    2nd (just general question) y twrp bootloader is suggested instead of stock bootloader?
    3rd after this I can safely jump Oxygen OS version 2.1.1 and then recent 2.1.2. Right?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015

14. RichtigerLurch Gingerbread Nov 25, 2015

RichtigerLurch, Nov 25, 2015 :
    2.1.3 dot oneplus x rollout will be tomorrow.
    When will oneplus rollout 2.1.3 for oneplus two?

Regards

15. toralex Donut Nov 25, 2015

toralex, Nov 25, 2015 :
    Have you find a way to install the OxygenOS 2.1.2 update? Thanks.

florian.morgan likes this.
  16. KostasV Honeycomb Nov 25, 2015

KostasV, Nov 25, 2015 :
    Oxygen 2.1.2 is a lot worse than the 2.1.1. Hope the 2.1.3 to be close enough to solve the problems. Neither factory reset saves the day...

17. gkirko Gingerbread Nov 25, 2015

gkirko, Nov 25, 2015 :
    With this update, Problem i experienced wont went away just added more new problems... i start trully belive that android in current implementation is a crap.

18. donutboy Cupcake Nov 25, 2015

19. ad73 Eclair Nov 25, 2015

ad73, Nov 25, 2015 :
    I found another solution for the sim card choice problem.

1. Goto phone
    2. At the top you see the three dots press and goto settings
    3. Call settings
    4. Phone account settings
    5. Make call with and choose which sim you require

Hopefully you can change to the sim you require but do not go back into settings menu and then sim card or it will go back too make a choice and you will have to start all over again.

I have not found a solution for sms messages yet other than a third party app.

20. Pankaj.v.chawla Cupcake Nov 25, 2015