OxygenOS 2.2.0 rollout is starting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaltLife
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 27, 2016

SaltLife , Jan 27, 2016 :
    Soooo why'd you get the 6P AND the OPT...? Smh cupcakes...

2. kumar2vinod
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2016

kumar2vinod , Jan 27, 2016 :
    Hello,

I have Oxygen 2.2.0 version and it seems now the phone has become slow and it takes around 20 sec to search a contact from the list, please advise what has to be done.

Regards
    Vinod

3. crap80
    Eclair Jan 27, 2016

crap80 , Jan 27, 2016 :
    I got the opt first.. then gave up on it and bought the 6p... are u an OP fanboy?
    My almighty honeycomb.. spit

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016

dfjkl likes this.
  4. Manoj.kar
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2016

Manoj.kar , Jan 27, 2016 :
    Well said MR. yes absolutely one plus one is a gud phone but One plus 2 is a bull shit Phone.... Don't think about One plus 2 as i am facing so many problems within 4 months.

5. scarEEcrow
    Donut Jan 27, 2016

scarEEcrow , Jan 27, 2016 :
    I didn't buy my OP2 from their website...but the buying source shouldn't be a thing.

californicated likes this.
  6. scarEEcrow
    Donut Jan 27, 2016

scarEEcrow , Jan 27, 2016 :
    OK,honestly I'm done with this things already,just one last question,does anybody know if its possible to manually update missing updates without rooting the phone ? Please let me know,won't post about this anymore ....thanks in advance.

7. SadButTrue

SadButTrue , Jan 27, 2016 :
    and that could be the problem - why?

if you have a reflashed (from hydrogen to oxygen) OP2 you wont get OTA updates - so every time there is a new OTA you have to flash it (hmmm i guess only the full ZIP will work) manually...

and there is another problem - if you are really using a Chinese OP2 you only have one IMEI and this could cause troubles with double sim if you are using the OP2 outside of china...

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...-custom-recovery-root-efs-backup-more.345478/

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/mirrors-for-official-oxygen-os-roms-and-ota-updates.387615/

8. buddydave
    Honeycomb Jan 27, 2016

buddydave , Jan 27, 2016 :
    You most likely have the scalper phone where it's sold in China with hydrogen preloaded. But the seller flashes a version of oxygen riddled with malware. Up to date I've come across several of these scalper phones and the only way to get to make updates work is through backing up your system/userspace data such as texts, WhatsApp etc. Then go into recovery, wipe data and cache, then flash the full update.zip which you can find here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24340319927533874

9. gabor_bernat
    Eclair Jan 27, 2016

gabor_bernat , Jan 27, 2016 :
    Tapping it does not open it :|

10. onkar123
    Eclair Jan 27, 2016

onkar123 , Jan 27, 2016 :
    @Helen please roll out a quick update to fix these problems everyone will aprreciate it.....hope you fix the issues soon :)

11. Zelebrator
    Eclair Jan 27, 2016

Zelebrator , Jan 27, 2016 :
    140 pages... would like to scan them all, but that's impossible.

I am experiencing considerable lags since the update to Oxygen 2.2.0. Switching from one screen/app to another takes literally seconds. Makes me mad, in particular since my beloved OnePlus One is WAY faster than that. Would like to go back to the previous configuration, before 2.2.0, but I think that's not easily possible. I have seen quite a couple of similar comments, regarding lags with 2.2.0; so is that a well-known issue? No root, just plain factory settings, with updates as distributed OTA.

Thanks
    Z.

12. Zelebrator
    Eclair Jan 27, 2016

Zelebrator , Jan 27, 2016 :
    True. Much slower than in the beginning with previous Oxygen version(s). Even my OnePlus One is way faster. Beginning to regret having changed to Two. Now kid is happy with One, can't get it back easily :-(

13. SaltLife

Nah, just like everyone else I'm tired of the forum being ruined by em. But I suppose also, you are what your username states it seems :)

P05TMAN likes this.
  14. SaltLife

There's nothing to read through, search "2.2.0 lag" and you'll notice it's a forum wide issue. Therefore, it's not a specific problem you can fix. Although you can clear the cache and reboot to temp fix, that's it. And if you WOULD take time to read through the forum, you can easily discover that downgrading IS in fact easily possible. So once again, go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-2/general/rom-mirrors-official-oxygen-os-roms-ota-t3209863 and download you beloved previous OS and flash it by going into recovery. All on your stock OPT.

15. SaltLife

Oh yes it damn is a thing. If you don't buy it from OP themselves, you're more than likely to have problems with your phone more than others. Hell, you could even buy one with a nice virus preinstalled.

16. ASivaChaitanya
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2016

ASivaChaitanya , Jan 27, 2016 :
    Facing lot of issues after 2.2.0 Madam @Helen
    1.Mobile data sim selection phone is not responding after selection phone hangs
    2. Colour balance is not working I don't know whether the issue is with me or with everyone and they dint notice
    3. Fingerprint reader response has gone worst it was working perfectly but after 2.2.0 update gone worst
    4. Even phone performance has gone down
    Madam I request u to help me out with u assistance
    Or with update regarding these issues

17. Razor007
    Donut Jan 27, 2016

Razor007 , Jan 27, 2016 :
    Even after the new update the dual sim preference bug is still not fixed. Am i supposed to do anything else? Plz guide me.

18. P05TMAN
    Froyo Jan 27, 2016

P05TMAN , Jan 27, 2016 :
    My two cents:

Even though I thought I'd wait, I went ahead and updated to 2.2.0. Yeah, it's pretty laggy at times and the phone is still being throttled incorrectly and getting very hot when doing something as trivial as playing a game. The fact remains, however, that I still really like this phone and it's potential. Once (if it's possible) CM can work with fingerprint reader and laser focus I will move on to CM. Until then, I think I'll downgrade to 2.1 (kudos to @SaltLife for posting the thread link and saving me some searching).

SaltLife likes this.
  19. jaksridhar
    Froyo Jan 27, 2016

jaksridhar , Jan 27, 2016 :
    Yes i am also facing the same problem

rchaudry likes this.
  20. SadButTrue

SadButTrue , Jan 27, 2016 :
    here it's working without any problem...

maybe you could explain a litte more more what you are doing and what's not working...